Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 17, 2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation The Sims Celebrates 100 Million Units Sold

The Sims today announced a significant entertainment milestone, celebrating 100 million units sold around the world.

The first game from The Sims was sold in 2000 and has gone on to become the best-selling PC game franchise of all time and is sold in 22 languages and 60 countries around the world. The Sims franchise has inspired millions of players to tell stories, create characters, explore relationships, live through generations, design fashions, and build homes and design home interiors for their Sims. TheSims2.com, the vibrant online community of players of The Sims, has more than 4.3 million unique visitors per month, who have downloaded more than 70 million user-generated creations. A place to discover player creativity is on YouTube, where more than 100,000 videos and movies of The Sims have been shared, with about 200 million views.

As a special thank you to players of The Sims, visit TheSims2.com to download a complimentary exclusive outfit for your Sims in honor of this milestone. It's the perfect outfit for your Sims to enjoy a night of celebration!

"At this milestone, we want to thank players of The Sims everywhere for making The Sims such a worldwide phenomenon," said Rod Humble, Head of Studio for The Sims Label. "The Sims has been an interactive experience for people around the globe to explore their passion for creativity and we're thrilled to be a part of that. From building houses and relationships, from the first kiss to a toddler's first step, from kitchen fires – and even visits from ghosts, players have told more than 100 million unique and fun stories!"

"The Sims is truly unique in the world of interactive entertainment because it attracts creative people around the world of all ages and both genders,"
said Nancy Smith, President of The Sims Label. "Because of the open-ended creative freedom that players experience with the game, The Sims has universal appeal like no other game franchise. We thank players everywhere for their creativity, sense of humor and strong sense of community that has made The Sims the cultural phenomenon it is today."

The Sims from EA Mobile has seen phenomenal global success, with more than nine million downloads of The Sims games onto people's mobile devices, The Sims is a market leading downloaded game.

Fun facts:
- 100 million copies of The Sims lined up end to end would line the perimeter of the Wembley football pitch over 115,000 times
- 100 million copies of The Sims line up end to end would stretch the distance between Land's End and John O'Groat's over 200 times

Source

EA certainly know how to move their products...

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 08:13 PM   #2
TheOwly1
Radeon Sea Islands

TheOwly1 is still being judged by the masses

Its like celebrating the 10000th funeral. How depressing.
You see a signature. It is a picture of an astonishing island landscape. A picture of the best cat you have ever seen is in the bottom left corner, as well as a detailed list of system specs. The font is large and bold.
TheOwly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 08:48 PM   #3
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

and we wonder why aliens don't wanna make contact with us? they probably left our dimension to seek sentient beings elsewhere after hearing this
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 17, 2008, 08:55 PM   #4
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

oh dear, this is probably the worst news for PC gaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 02:46 AM   #5
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

bigtabs is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutzon View Post
EA certainly know how to move their products...
As do I. Eat plenty of fibre and drink lots of water.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:15 AM   #6
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

To think it all started with those stupid "Tamagotchi" keychains in 1997.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:52 AM   #7
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Sims Nude Patch is large reason for the huge sales figure.

I just don't get the attraction to the 'reality' tv/game/show crap.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:26 PM   #8
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Sims Nude Patch is large reason for the huge sales figure.

I just don't get the attraction to the 'reality' tv/game/show crap.
Dude, your avatar is tiny! Is that CMR or some other racing game?

And there's no real point to the nude patch, they didn't model any thingy-mabobs to look at anyway...

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 02:22 PM   #9
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutzon View Post
Dude, your avatar is tiny! Is that CMR or some other racing game?

UAZ 4x4, best off road truck sim ever.

Avatar size is not indicative of penis size.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 03:06 PM   #10
Woodgypsy
Whiney Supersnob

Woodgypsy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyWoodgypsy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I actually don't dislike Sims...I think the original was a neat, novel concept that had wide appeal. Most of big-name shooters don't even have 10% of innovation the original Sim had. However, all these expansions, expansions to expansions, and booster packs to expansions to expansions were way too much...
Woodgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 04:12 PM   #11
cvearl
God uses ATI.

cvearl is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwly1 View Post
Its like celebrating the 10000th funeral. How depressing.
ROFLMAO

Welcome to Flight sim 2012 - http://youtu.be/rmZNMjn30XQ

The add ons...

Planes - http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...ccion=products
Scenery - http://fullterrain.com/
Enviroment - http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/
Hardware - http://www.saitek.com/
cvearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:57 PM   #12
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Avatar size is not indicative of penis size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:13 AM   #13
sandorski
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

I played Sims 2 for a week and had to stop. It was using every second of free time I had. The game is a lot of fun, but too time consuming.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:57 AM   #14
Drift3r
Radeon R600

Drift3r is still being judged by the masses

The Sims is not worse then the crappy Deer Hunter series in terms of sales.
Drift3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 01:31 PM   #15
SteadVéx
Radeon Sea Islands

SteadVéx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySteadVéx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I found the game frustratingly annoyingly boring, however did enjoy building houses and creating things your not supposed to do using the glitches in the game. but once i built a house i'd just exit the game and never play it again, my ex used to play it for countless hours at a time!
SteadVéx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 02:47 PM   #16
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

This is sad. Next up Spore...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 03:22 PM   #17
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
To think it all started with those stupid "Tamagotchi" keychains in 1997.
Rofl, good times.