Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 26, 2008, 05:54 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FuKuy
GameR ˛

FuKuy is still being judged by the masses

Online petition to bring the game to STEAM.

http://www.petitiononline.com/bcr2s/petition.html
Processor: Aintel Core 2 Quad Q9550 | Videocard: Gygabyte ATi RADEON HD5850 1Gb GDDR5 | Motherboard: Gygabyte P35-DQ6 | Memory: 4096MB Corsair DDR2-800 | PSU: Seasonic 650W | Case: Lian-Li B20 Black | HardDisk: Western Digital SATA2 16Mb buffer 7200rpm 1.5Tb | Monitor: Dell FPW2005 TFT | Keyboard: Logitech Keyboard G15 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder | Gamepad: Xbox 360 wireless |Speakers: Creative Inspire 5.1 GD580 | OS: Windows Vista x64 => http://users.ign.com/collection/FuKuy <=
FuKuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:11 AM   #62
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

like a petition is going to work.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:11 PM   #63
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

I got the PS3 version this weekend since it was not on steam.
it is a fun game for 10 bucks but it is not an easy game so I have to re-play some of the levels quite a lot.

is there a difference for controls between pc and console versions?
it took me awhile to get use to it on the ps3.
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:35 PM   #64
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
I got the PS3 version this weekend since it was not on steam.
it is a fun game for 10 bucks but it is not an easy game so I have to re-play some of the levels quite a lot.

is there a difference for controls between pc and console versions?
it took me awhile to get use to it on the ps3.
you had to get use to using all of two buttons?
Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:37 PM   #65
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
Quiet you.

It's not that easy to control the game, took me a while to get used to the swinging.

As for the differences I just use my 360 pad so no idea .
Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:46 PM   #66
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

it is the timing, changing direction, knowing when you have to swing or pull yourself in.

it feels very odd for the first time and need a lot of practicing.
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 03:47 PM   #67
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So after having won this and unlocked most of the secrets (I'll head back and grab a couple more eventually) I decided to go out and buy the soundtrack for this game. Nothing like geeking out to remixed versions of original NES songs in the office

I also wanted to comment on how much I loved the way the in-game music would become muffled when you'd go into a backroom, almost as if the baddies were actually pumping music with a heavy backbeat right into their bases. It's the little touches that make this game so great.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 05:14 PM   #68
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

The game would be a lot easier to control if it let you diagonally use the arm. The only way to make it go diagonal is to stop. It's kind of tricky. You think with the analog stick you could just make it go where ever but no.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 05:22 PM   #69
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
The game would be a lot easier to control if it let you diagonally use the arm. The only way to make it go diagonal is to stop. It's kind of tricky. You think with the analog stick you could just make it go where ever but no.
you can, holding diagonally lets you fire the arm diagonally, there just has to be something there to grab on to for it to work.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 05:39 PM   #70
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Odd, I tried doing it a hundred times and it would never go diagonal unless I was stopped, then it would work.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:52 AM   #71
gamekill
keep gaming!

gamekill is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post

it is the timing, changing direction, knowing when you have to swing or pull yourself in.

it feels very odd for the first time and need a lot of practicing.
This is called "hardcore" gameplay , and I miss it on almost every single new game nowadays. I mean, WTF is Nintendo thinking when you are up against a new boss in Zelda Twilight Princess, and motherf**ker princess Mina can't shut the f**K UP for more than 30 seconds, yelling "hey why don't you use item X right on the monster's legs?" or "you have to throw the beast inside the conveniently placed well" etc etc? Just a tiny example of the lack of hardcoreness in today's games. And what about the dumbed down AI in several games, and enemies who can't shoot straight god damn! I wanna get shot and bleed to near death during gameplay. I wanna thank god with all my heart when I manage to get past a level or boss fight.

I got the PC version of Bionic Commando Rearmed, and I'm totally AWED by the rewarding feeling you get when past some parts. THIS is true gaming goodness. I'm at the last level, enjoyed every moment so far. (Not the most hardcore game ever, but very good nonetheless)

|| ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
||____________________________________________________________________________________________
gamekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:56 AM   #72
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Levels 10 and 11 are driving me crazy, all the others were easy in comparison grrrrr
Old Sep 3, 2008, 02:08 AM   #73
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamekill View Post
This is called "hardcore" gameplay , and I miss it on almost every single new game nowadays. I mean, WTF is Nintendo thinking when you are up against a new boss in Zelda Twilight Princess, and motherf**ker princess Mina can't shut the f**K UP for more than 30 seconds, yelling "hey why don't you use item X right on the monster's legs?" or "you have to throw the beast inside the conveniently placed well" etc etc? Just a tiny example of the lack of hardcoreness in today's games. And what about the dumbed down AI in several games, and enemies who can't shoot straight god damn! I wanna get shot and bleed to near death during gameplay. I wanna thank god with all my heart when I manage to get past a level or boss fight.

I got the PC version of Bionic Commando Rearmed, and I'm totally AWED by the rewarding feeling you get when past some parts. THIS is true gaming goodness. I'm at the last level, enjoyed every moment so far. (Not the most hardcore game ever, but very good nonetheless)

QFT!

Pisses me off in Nintendo games how each boss takes like 3 hits to kill, and it's so bloody easy.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:02 AM   #74
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

welll bionic commando is owning me. Im using an x360 controller and i faled the first level 5 times in a row...

i am such a lousy console games player
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:06 AM   #75
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
i am such a lousy games player
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:22 AM   #76
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Any game, anytime, anywhere,Deadinred except on any console,anywhere,, on any controler
Old Sep 3, 2008, 04:00 PM   #77
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Any game, anytime, anywhere,Deadinred except on any console,anywhere,, on any controler
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 04:49 PM   #78
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
pistols at dawn!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:46 PM   #79
GanjaStar
Jalouise

i got to level where there's these flying droids that always go above you and try to laser beam you... and now its tough again, but i finally got used to the twitch controls

one strange thing is that the levels are numbered, but you go in such a weird order.. any advice on killing the laser droids ?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:57 PM   #80
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
i got to level where there's these flying droids that always go above you and try to laser beam you... and now its tough again, but i finally got used to the twitch controls

one strange thing is that the levels are numbered, but you go in such a weird order.. any advice on killing the laser droids ?
Hit them with your arm and shoot them when they drop from the impact
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:23 AM   #81
schwartz
Team Zissou

schwartz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
like a petition is going to work.
Listen man they have 126 votes including mine. We will prevail

I'm still dissapointed this gem didn't find its way to steam and its managed to be the decisive reason why I've only played it on 360 and never my pc. Capcom's store was having issues with international orders after it was released and I never returned to the site
schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:51 AM   #82
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Hit them with your arm and shoot them when they drop from the impact

thx
Old Sep 9, 2008, 05:45 PM   #83
=Mustang=
Radeon R420

=Mustang= is still being judged by the masses

Just thought i'd bump this thread up and mention that a patch has been released to fix the bad FPS that some get (like i had!)

check http://www.bioniccommando.com/en/blog_entries/view/365
=Mustang= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:46 PM   #84
GanjaStar
Jalouise

people also say the patch removes reloading and complain that it makes the gaem too easy. i didnt have fps issues so i didnt install the patch.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 05:06 AM   #85
gramboh
Casual gamer

gramboh is still being judged by the masses

You guys should try Ikaruga if you think this one is a pain in the ass
1x Seagate 7200.11 1TB SATA2 + 1x Hitatchi 5K3000 3TB SATA3 (plus another two of same for offline eSATA backup)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer w/ Klipsch Promedia 4.1 and Sennheiser HD570
Antec P182B - Corsair 520HX PSU

Windows 7 Professional x64
3DMark Vantage: 22045 / 3DMark11: 4314

Netbook: Asus 1015PN (Atom 1.5GHz, 2GB DDR3, 250GB HDD, NVidia ION2, 10in LCD, Windows 7 Starter)
Now Playing - Battlefield 3, Super Meat Boy, The Witcher 2, SHIFT 2 Unleashed, Jamestown, DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2
gramboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 07:29 PM   #86
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

13 year old thread bump here.

Being a huge fan of the NES version I remember wanting to play this game when it came out, but for whatever reason just never did and ended up forgetting about it for years. Noticed it was discounted on the Steam Capcom sale and figured I would finally give it a try. Man, I'm I glad I did.

This game has to be the best remake of an NES game I've ever played. Incredibly faithful to the original in gameplay control and level design, but added so much more too. Its obvious a lot of love and respect went into remaking this game.

I just finished it, took about 10 hours. Some really challenging levels towards the end. I don't remember the NES game being that hard, although I did probably play that version for closer to 100 hours or more back when I was a kid. Anyways excellent remake, can't believe I waited this long to play it.

[EDIT] They even did justice to the infamous ending scene:

Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 09:03 PM   #87
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yep! I loved both the original and the remake. Great game with a great soundtrack.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:06 PM   #88
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Yep! I loved both the original and the remake. Great game with a great soundtrack.
I fired up the original NES Bionic Commando tonight to compare. It's amazing how closely they nailed the feel of controls in the remake. You wouldn't think an old NES game would hold up but it really does, still loads of fun. This is how retro game remakes should be.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:47 AM   #89
ugly
Radeon R600

ugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
13 year old thread bump here.

Being a huge fan of the NES version I remember wanting to play this game when it came out, but for whatever reason just never did and ended up forgetting about it for years. Noticed it was discounted on the Steam Capcom sale and figured I would finally give it a try. Man, I'm I glad I did.

This game has to be the best remake of an NES game I've ever played. Incredibly faithful to the original in gameplay control and level design, but added so much more too. Its obvious a lot of love and respect went into remaking this game.

I just finished it, took about 10 hours. Some really challenging levels towards the end. I don't remember the NES game being that hard, although I did probably play that version for closer to 100 hours or more back when I was a kid. Anyways excellent remake, can't believe I waited this long to play it.

[EDIT] They even did justice to the infamous ending scene:

Weird, I actually just started playing this one as well. I had it in my Steam backlog for years and started playing it a couple weeks ago.

The game is actually fairly difficult. And some of those challenge levels took a lot of retries. I did finally get them all.

I barely remember it for the NES, so I can't really compare. After I beat it, I might go back to the NES version.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 06:23 AM   #90
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I might try the challenge levels tonight. I believe i unlocked all of them.

If you try the NES version you will be surprised at how faithful a remake this was. The level design, even the controls feel nearly identical, just with a more modern graphics overhaul.

Only gripe i had with the game is i had to replace the game's .exe with a community made one because it wouldn't launch for me, and also install a legacy Physx driver or i would crash at start up with an error. Then i also needed to edit the resolution in a game system file or I'd just get a black screen. Sounds ridiculous just to get this game to run but all that was still actually worth it in the end. Excellent game.