Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 22, 2021, 05:15 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

im just hoping it doesnt have any of the bullshit fights in dark souls 3. The changes they made to enemy tracking, and stamina sucked arse on some of those enemies. Even a couple of the bosses were pretty bullshit.

Only enemy i remember being bullshit in ds1 was a hit box issue on one of the bosses.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 05:59 PM   #92
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
im just hoping it doesnt have any of the bullshit fights in dark souls 3. The changes they made to enemy tracking, and stamina sucked arse on some of those enemies. Even a couple of the bosses were pretty bullshit.

Only enemy i remember being bullshit in ds1 was a hit box issue on one of the bosses.
The few I saw looked pretty good. I wish I had gotten in on the network test, but that aside, everything I’ve heard so far sounds like they found their “Tough but fair” balance again. I really hope so, because I agree with you on Dark Souls 3. There was some real disappointment there.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:07 AM   #93
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default Soulsborne is the dumbest term ever.

So, will SoulsBorne become SoulsBoRing next week?

Also, the vids of elden ring that most gaming sites put out last week has gotten me pretty hyped for this game, the world looks like it will be really interesting to explore.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 14, 2022, 01:42 PM   #94
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I do think its a dumb term, especially as more From Software Souls-like IP's get released.

But, I do think this game style is worthy of having its own genre. There are enough staples of the gameplay they all share - good challenge, losing some form of XP currency upon death, bonfires, etc.

I think maybe Souls-like is a simpler way of saying it. And yeah, I'm pumped for the game as well. Will be starting it on day 1, I hope its stable and not bug-ridden.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2022, 02:29 PM   #95
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t even really pay attention to it any more. I just want a good game, and the more I see, the more I think Fromsoft has delivered that here.

Soon
Old Feb 14, 2022, 02:35 PM   #96
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I have been avoiding it, want to go in relatively blind as possible.

But from what I have seen, it looks like From Soft was heavily inspired by Breath of the Wild with the open world style of it, and yes that is a good thing IMO. I love the idea of being able to go in any direction in a Souls game. Its going to be a game changer if done well.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 02:42 PM   #97
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I ran into a pretty non-spoilery comment by Vaati on the world…if all true….no disappointments on the world front

I have seen 2 or 3 bosses, but clicked out of the videos, so there’s no real context for me on placement, or anything else really, just common enemies. So I’ll be going in mostly blind as well.

Really, really looking forward to this. I even took a few days off lol.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 02:49 PM   #98
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

NICE.

I'm working from home full time now so its going to be really tough to avoid firing up the game when I'm working.

May need to take an extra lunch break.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 02:55 PM   #99
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
NICE.

I'm working from home full time now so its going to be really tough to avoid firing up the game when I'm working.

May need to take an extra lunch break.
I fully support your requirement for extra nourishment
Old Feb 14, 2022, 03:42 PM   #100
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I fully support your requirement for extra nourishment
Yeah, me too!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 05:04 PM   #101
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So, will SoulsBorne become SoulsBoRing next week?

Also, the vids of elden ring that most gaming sites put out last week has gotten me pretty hyped for this game, the world looks like it will be really interesting to explore.
Quote:
I do think its a dumb term, especially as more From Software Souls-like IP's get released.

But, I do think this game style is worthy of having its own genre. There are enough staples of the gameplay they all share - good challenge, losing some form of XP currency upon death, bonfires, etc.

I think maybe Souls-like is a simpler way of saying it. And yeah, I'm pumped for the game as well. Will be starting it on day 1, I hope its stable and not bug-ridden.

Do you think roguelike is a dumb genre term also?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 08:33 AM   #102
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Do you think roguelike is a dumb genre term also?
No.

Souls-like and Rogue-like are fine IMO. It's just Souls-borne-kiro-ring is getting a bit silly.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 07:37 AM   #103
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

saw a couple of gameplay videos and had the impression I was watching a never-released Dark Souls 3 DLC.
I didn't like the impression
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2022, 08:06 AM   #104
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I'm hyped for this. I'll be home maybe a week or so after release and be able to nerd out on leave
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2022, 08:53 AM   #105
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
saw a couple of gameplay videos and had the impression I was watching a never-released Dark Souls 3 DLC.
I didn't like the impression
Yeah, the game does seem to reuse a lot of the same character animations as Dark Souls 3.

I'm sure it saved them a ton of development time and that's the reason for it. But it would have been nice to see some updates there. I'm not too bothered by that though. The gameplay changes regarding the more open world is really what I'm most excited for and why I want to play this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 09:44 AM   #106
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah, the game does seem to reuse a lot of the same character animations as Dark Souls 3.

I'm sure it saved them a ton of development time and that's the reason for it. But it would have been nice to see some updates there. I'm not too bothered by that though. The gameplay changes regarding the more open world is really what I'm most excited for and why I want to play this.
I’m not bothered by it. Team Ninja refined an awful lot from Nioh to Nioh 2, and given what I’ve seen so far, Fromsoft has done much the same here, plus the added and massive bonus of open world gameplay.

I haven’t seen much yet that bothers me, actually nothing yet that I dislike.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:02 AM   #107
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

We will find out soon.

Can't believe its only a week away.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 01:11 PM   #108
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I guess what bothered me from the videos were the animations and the fighting mechanics. I saw nothing new.
Open world seems like a nice change, although I'm not sure if that's the only one required to revamp the genre.
Linear levels in the DS games have always been so intricate and confusing anyway, to the point of being almost non-linear.
It was always the strongpoint of the series imho, getting lost in maze-like environments and then finding a secret passage or open a shortcut that would bring you back to the beginning and make traversing easier.
I guess it comes down to personal preference, but from the early presentation videos I was hoping for more substantial changes.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 02:20 PM   #109
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I guess what bothered me from the videos were the animations and the fighting mechanics. I saw nothing new.
Open world seems like a nice change, although I'm not sure if that's the only one required to revamp the genre.
Linear levels in the DS games have always been so intricate and confusing anyway, to the point of being almost non-linear.
It was always the strongpoint of the series imho, getting lost in maze-like environments and then finding a secret passage or open a shortcut that would bring you back to the beginning and make traversing easier.
I guess it comes down to personal preference, but from the early presentation videos I was hoping for more substantial changes.
You got the same feeling I had when I first watched a couple of videos a while back. It just didn’t do anything for me. I did see some more spoilery stuff later that really changed my mind.

The old rule still applies though…if you don’t think you’ll enjoy it, then put it off or forget it altogether, or at least until you get some good, unbiased (hard these days) feedback.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 02:21 PM   #110
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

To me this game looks like a mash up of Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro set in a true open world.

So yeah, I don't necessarily think there's going to be much new stuff here. Kind of like a greatest hits of From Software's gameplay styles all put together in a huge new and open environment.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 02:36 PM   #111
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

I must confess I never finished neither DS1 nor DS3 (came close in the latter) and didn't play DS2. I also never finished Sekiro but was able to beat some tough bosses and advance quite far in the story.
In these type of games its the repeating mechanics, coupled with occasional excessive difficulty, that drive me away in the end.
I'm pretty sure I'll buy Elden anyway, if nothing else because I love getting lost while exploring nightmarish environments with crazy characters and impossible architecture.
30 to 50 hours is worth the price of admission for me anyway, provided I almost always buy slightly discounted keys from renown sites.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 03:21 PM   #112
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I must confess I never finished neither DS1 nor DS3 (came close in the latter) and didn't play DS2. I also never finished Sekiro but was able to beat some tough bosses and advance quite far in the story.
In these type of games its the repeating mechanics, coupled with occasional excessive difficulty, that drive me away in the end.
I'm pretty sure I'll buy Elden anyway, if nothing else because I love getting lost while exploring nightmarish environments with crazy characters and impossible architecture.
30 to 50 hours is worth the price of admission for me anyway, provided I almost always buy slightly discounted keys from renown sites.
Honestly the majority of people who start these games do not finish them. Looking at global achievement % on Steam most of the Souls type games on average have something like 20-30% completion rate.

Even if you don't see them through to the ending, I still think they can be fun games to get lost in for a while. Its always fun to explore and find stronger weapons and equipment, level up a bit and feel that sense of accomplishment in progressing past a few tough areas and bosses. No reason to get the game for full price either, just hold off and wait for a sale. That way it feels less of a commitment.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 03:25 PM   #113
Lazy8s
One day at a time

System requirements are lower than I expected. My mobile 3060 is feeling better and better about this.

https://www.windowscentral.com/elden...m-requirements
Minimum requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 / AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon RX 580 (4GB VRAM)
RAM: 12GB
Storage: 60GB

Recommended:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K / AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 (8GB VRAM)
RAM: 16GB

Edit: I just read it’s the same engine as all the other Souls games. Nice

Last edited by Lazy8s : Feb 16, 2022 at 03:31 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 03:36 PM   #114
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

You could definitely always run From Soft's games fine on a potato PC.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 03:45 PM   #115
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
You could definitely always run From Soft's games fine on a potato PC.
It’s not a potato! Well…not too much lol
Old Feb 16, 2022, 04:01 PM   #116
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
It?s not a potato! Well?not too much lol
Haha i didn't mean your PC.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 07:58 PM   #117
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
System requirements are lower than I expected. My mobile 3060 is feeling better and better about this.

https://www.windowscentral.com/elden...m-requirements
Minimum requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 / AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon RX 580 (4GB VRAM)
RAM: 12GB

Recommended:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K / AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 (8GB VRAM)
RAM: 16GB

Edit: I just read it’s the same engine as all the other Souls games. Nice
Why wouldn’t you just play this on PS5?
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:48 PM   #118
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The pc version is the canon version.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2022, 04:23 AM   #119
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
A friend gifted it to me, Very generous

The only thing I’m concerned about is HDR. I’m getting an “HDR not supported” message on some titles and have to dig into that. Elden Ring looks gorgeous, and I want all the graphical candy I can get.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 07:18 AM   #120
Andy22
Radeon R700

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
That's my plan! Took Friday and Monday off just for this.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote