Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 6, 2021, 04:46 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Finished it, game was great. Not been hooked to a game like this in a long time.

Game is better than the movies.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 09:43 PM   #32
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So like literally no one played this except 1 person?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2021, 09:55 PM   #33
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I have it and played it a little bit.
Got it off of Green Man Gaming at 20% off.
l'm just playing other things right now that are on subscription.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 23, 2021, 09:17 PM   #34
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Picked this up on Epic just now for $28 (some kind of $10 coupon auto applied at check out)
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2021, 05:51 AM   #35
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So like literally no one played this except 1 person?
Aint my fault you guys have no taste
Old Dec 24, 2021, 05:53 AM   #36
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i just couldnt afford it. i'd love to play it. seems great
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:55 AM   #37
azalea
Radeon R520

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Finished it, game was great. Not been hooked to a game like this in a long time.

Game is better than the movies.
That's not hard. Can't stand this IP and I have no clue why Probably MCU ennui caused by the MCU being a thing and making superhero movies nauseatingly ubiquitous.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 02:47 PM   #38
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Wow, spent about 3+ hours playing and hit Chapter 5. Time to sleep. Game is dope like a movie. Gameplay is average at best. Also playing w/ keyboard and mouse isn't easiest. I keep just hitting power ups for my team without reason lol.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:39 AM   #39
KAC

Hit chapter 9 and there is a ton of story. I am really enjoying it but sometimes the walking around and talking can be way too long. I personally can’t believe that I have had the patience to keep playing for extended hours. I think I have spent already 6-7 hours and am on chapter 9. Seems there are 16 chapters so still quite some way to go. Story is definitely exciting and sufficiently unexpected.

I wish they could’ve spent some extra time polishing the gameplay. Tons of bugs but nothing game breaking thus far. Also DLSS causes artifacts so turned it off. RTX really adds to the environments so definitely suggest people leave it on. Reflections are quite amazing at times but sometimes completely missing (as if someone didn’t code it properly). For the most part it is a hit.

For now I give it a solid 8/10 Eidos Montreal effort. Wish they would stop doing the box opening, going out of way for pickups nonsense that they keep pulling.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 01:55 PM   #40
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Hit chapter 9 and there is a ton of story. I am really enjoying it but sometimes the walking around and talking can be way too long. I personally can’t believe that I have had the patience to keep playing for extended hours. I think I have spent already 6-7 hours and am on chapter 9. Seems there are 16 chapters so still quite some way to go. Story is definitely exciting and sufficiently unexpected.

I wish they could’ve spent some extra time polishing the gameplay. Tons of bugs but nothing game breaking thus far. Also DLSS causes artifacts so turned it off. RTX really adds to the environments so definitely suggest people leave it on. Reflections are quite amazing at times but sometimes completely missing (as if someone didn’t code it properly). For the most part it is a hit.

For now I give it a solid 8/10 Eidos Montreal effort. Wish they would stop doing the box opening, going out of way for pickups nonsense that they keep pulling.
yes some rtx reflections are known not to appear

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:48 AM   #41
KAC

Finished the game. A solid 8.5/10 from me. I really loved the storyline. I was drawn in enough to finish the game in 3 days and it is not a short game by any means. I loved the graphics, the licensed music, the own game music, the voice acting and almost everything cosmetic in the game was top notch. After 1-2 hours I had forgotten the Marvel version of characters and grown to like the game’s versions.

What I didn’t like are the same formula of Eidos Montreal games like Tomb Raider. Constant squeezing through gaps, some QTE events that didn’t make sense, opening boxes or picking up stuff, weapon cooldown annoyances etc. The gameplay while fun was also overly simplistic. Half the time I didn’t care which move I was using. The ragdoll was laughable and game was littered with clipping and bugs. For part of my game Groot even lost his voice (not that it mattered).

Overall, if you like Marvel and if you like Guardians this is a must play game. Be prepared to listen a lot! Like a heck lot! Chapters are full of talk that you can’t really skip. In the ship also there are multiple discussions to be had. It takes a lot of time to go through everything which I did as I was invested in the story. But I can see how a person with ADD might really get annoyed af playing this game. I got my $30 worth though so can’t complain.

Uninstalled.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:39 PM   #42
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Finished the game. A solid 8.5/10 from me. I really loved the storyline. I was drawn in enough to finish the game in 3 days and it is not a short game by any means. I loved the graphics, the licensed music, the own game music, the voice acting and almost everything cosmetic in the game was top notch. After 1-2 hours I had forgotten the Marvel version of characters and grown to like the game’s versions.

What I didn’t like are the same formula of Eidos Montreal games like Tomb Raider. Constant squeezing through gaps, some QTE events that didn’t make sense, opening boxes or picking up stuff, weapon cooldown annoyances etc. The gameplay while fun was also overly simplistic. Half the time I didn’t care which move I was using. The ragdoll was laughable and game was littered with clipping and bugs. For part of my game Groot even lost his voice (not that it mattered).

Overall, if you like Marvel and if you like Guardians this is a must play game. Be prepared to listen a lot! Like a heck lot! Chapters are full of talk that you can’t really skip. In the ship also there are multiple discussions to be had. It takes a lot of time to go through everything which I did as I was invested in the story. But I can see how a person with ADD might really get annoyed af playing this game. I got my $30 worth though so can’t complain.

Uninstalled.
That's a good review of it

I think everyone who is on the fence should just buy it, its a very good game. Hopefully if enough people buy it they'll make a sequel.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 02:19 PM   #43
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Playing it now. Sunk 5 hours into it and so far it is pretty dang good. The story is entertaining and the characters seem quite deep. Game looks amazing in terms of both art style + technical ability. Runs great for me too. So far it's pretty slick how its put together, with flashbacks and escape sequences and music compilation and cut scenes. Will definitely be playing a lot more over the next few days.

Gameplay is a bit of a mess. I find the combat to be just sensory overload and the guardian system is clumsy. It's hard to even see what is going on but you just keep shooting + using elemental damage. The huddle thing gets old really fast but the extra damage you get makes it helpful. I wonder if the game would have been better as more of a straight/cover shooter with more puzzles or something else. Just feels like the pace in combat needs to be adjusted and clarity drastically improved. At this point in the game the combat is the only thing I don't enjoy.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:05 PM   #44
KAC

Combat is definitely messy especially with a mouse and keyboard and it did take me about 5-7 hours before I can say that I understood what was happening. As for sensory overload I didn't experience this probably because I am not a pussy.

j/k nutcrackr lol
Old Dec 30, 2021, 06:34 PM   #45
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Well the game was very good. Quite funny with lots of nice twists in the 17hr story. Visually it is outstanding, mostly this is down to the art direction but technical ability is high too. The character designs and animations are unbelievably good, specifically rocket and cosmo, but most others are great. The animal fur etc is so damn good. Plus there are so many curves and circles everywhere on planets. I'd say it's the best looking game I've played this year by a fair margin, and it runs amazing for the colorful visuals you get. Admittedly the areas are fairly small but it's really clever design.

Combat is merely okay. The game would have been just as good if there was half as much of it. When you get all abilities and get all elemental types it works decent enough. Some enemies are still too bullet spongey for my liking but you can adjust difficulty to suit. The combat reminds me of Wagon Age Origins in that I didn't really enjoy the combat but enjoyed the game around because of the story/characters. I also had some bugs with combat where buttons wouldn't register.

I agree with KAC regarding the side areas and junk you pick up. I really don't think it added anything worthwhile. It's a bit like tomb raider but that game is more about survival, and here it's just for mostly lame upgrades. I guess it's kinda funny how characters talk about you going off exploring while they're waiting for you.

Overall a solid 8/10, and one of the best games I've played this year.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 07:01 PM   #46
KAC

Glad you liked it and it seems you also boned it in about 2-3 days. Quite a sizable time investment given how long it was.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 03:04 AM   #47
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Yeah 3 days to finish it. I can smash through games when I don't have to work.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 03:35 AM   #48
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete stranger

I still really enjoying it but I had an issue yesterday while playing it on the series X.

I was in a scene where you have to destroy clamps and people are attacking from all angles, the FPS tanked and at one point it was nearly frame by frame this went on the whole scene

I have reset the Series X while keeping games and apps and that seems to have brought the frames back up for now, I hope there isn't a hardware issue.

It was like trying to play on a PC that was below the minimum specs not a next gen console its a bit worrying, I've not seen this problem in any other game.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 05:37 AM   #49
SirBaron

It's the game, not the console. Probably was a memory leak, the game is great but certainly not polished.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 03:34 PM   #50
Ravens Nest
R380

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
It's the game, not the console. Probably was a memory leak, the game is great but certainly not polished.
Thx that's what I thought it was too.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 06:43 AM   #51
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default on PS5

I don't finish many games at all but I did this one.

Great game!

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2022, 09:16 AM   #52
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

This is now perfect for game pass.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2022, 07:28 AM   #53
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I don't finish many games at all but I did this one.

Great game!
Same! I picked it up before Christmas on (PC) and played it non-stop for 3 weeks. I really enjoyed it. So much so that I purchased it for my daughter and a few others as Christmas gifts.
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Fedora 35
VR
Oculus Quest 2 / PSVR
Consoles
SteamDeck|Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBOXSeries|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Saturn|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote