Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 15, 2022, 02:19 PM   #871
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Im not playing it until it gets good.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2022, 02:22 PM   #872
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

They should dump 2042 and focus on making portal good, just give us a bf3/4 mashup via the power of portal.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2022, 02:28 PM   #873
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
They should dump 2042 and focus on making portal good, just give us a bf3/4 mashup via the power of portal.
That's a good idea.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 15, 2022, 02:35 PM   #874
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They should never have dumped portal with 2042. They should have made it a separate game imo. Release 2042 in 2022 when it actually would have been finished (with more maps and guns and polish). Release BF Portal in 2023 with ALL maps from ALL past BF games. If you own 2042, you also get maps from that game so you can play it all in one place.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 03:11 PM   #875
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Its not as big or exactly the same, but insurgency sandstorm is pretty goode.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:19 AM   #876
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battl...date-notes-3-2

Quote:
We hope you all had a good holiday break! Now that the team is back, we've since been hard at work preparing the next updates for you.

Update #3.2 will be available on January 20, and contains further bug fixes and stability improvements to resolve occurrences of game crashing.

You’ll find fixes for hit registration issues related to Sundance and vehicle passenger weapons. We’re also resolving several Soldier gameplay-related issues, such as rubberbanding when running behind friendlies, or being stuck in a downed and alive loop.
Quote:
Update 3.3

Our next update after 3.2 arrives in mid to late February, and features a refreshed Scoreboard, alongside further changes that have been in the works since we returned after the Holidays
So they are basically not going to do anything worthwhile with the game before the launch of the season pass.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:58 PM   #877
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That game crash fix should be the one I was experiencing and referenced on the previous page with DX device hung error
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2022, 02:35 PM   #878
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
That game crash fix should be the one I was experiencing and referenced on the previous page with DX device hung error

Are you sure? The patch note says it's specifically targeting Sundance players using a Radeon VII

Glad to see a fix for the explosions stunlocking players rolling out, that's probably my biggest issue right now, besides the game in general.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2022, 02:52 PM   #879
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I fired it up and it reset all my settings and ran through the intro wizard as if it was the first time it's been launched... what a pos.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 02:56 PM   #880
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Nah… I’m not actually sure however it has been acknowledged it is being worked on. Might be in a later patch. I’m following the thread to see if any info comes up on it.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 03:54 PM   #881
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I fired it up and it reset all my settings and ran through the intro wizard as if it was the first time it's been launched... what a pos.
I feel bad because I love this franchise, but this is not getting my $ anytime soon.

yoz
Old Jan 19, 2022, 04:37 PM   #882
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battl...date-notes-3-2

So they are basically not going to do anything worthwhile with the game before the launch of the season pass.
Did you not expect this lol? DICE are hopeless at patching their own games. I'd actually say they've gone better than usual with 2042 in the weeks just after launch. This is about on par with their crap, which is weeks late and several changes short.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 04:41 PM   #883
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

new scoreboard is laughable. mixes the teams together LOL

2 months after release, the scoreboard is still WIP?? If only there were previous examples out there somewhere...

Last edited by nutcrackr : Jan 19, 2022 at 04:58 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 08:54 PM   #884
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Just had my first crash, DX device hung error :S

Really strange that it's been fine since launch then all of a sudden it shiit the bed today, resetting my binds and now CTD.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 09:04 PM   #885
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Just had my first crash, DX device hung error :S

Really strange that it's been fine since launch then all of a sudden it shiit the bed today, resetting my binds and now CTD.
I was paranoid this was a serious GPU issue on my end. Having this on top of what appears to be an XMP issue comes as a relief. I thought I butchered my build when I found my Cable Mod X4 SATA cable had a defect where a pair of negative cables came apart at the plug end, with wires poking out, at the rear end of my case. I was worried that triggered some sort of voltage spike or short circuit across the system.

Good news is that the issue is evident across the PC platform.

You'll find this will occur once in a while. I have had it happen 3 times now.

Last edited by Megaman : Jan 19, 2022 at 09:12 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:18 AM   #886
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Update #3.2 for #Battlefield2042 is now live across all platforms

Restart your game to grab the Update if you've been playing while we made it available
And a couple of hours later:

Quote:
We're seeing decreased stability for players on Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 when playing on Renewal

As a temporary measure, we've removed this map from rotations on affected platforms and will keep you updated on when we're able to add it back in
Classic DICE.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:33 AM   #887
acroig
Troll SMod

What a chit show.

yoz
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:33 AM   #888
Jerm357
Rage3D Veteran

Jerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird sings

This is the first BF game that I have not bought since 1942. Im so glad I skipped this one.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:34 AM   #889
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm357 View Post
This is the first BF game that I have not bought since 1942. Im so glad I skipped this one.
Same here.

yoz
Old Jan 20, 2022, 03:37 PM   #890
demo
space cadet

Network seems better
Old Jan 20, 2022, 04:22 PM   #891
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Prolly because no one is playing.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2022, 06:27 PM   #892
demo
space cadet

LoL
Old Jan 20, 2022, 08:20 PM   #893
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I think I will try this one more time on the weekend.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 07:46 AM   #894
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Network seems better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Prolly because no one is playing.
Quote:
LoL

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2022, 09:10 AM   #895
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I just want to point out by the way. There are as many players on average playing Dead Cells as there are playing battlefield 2042 right now... think about that. Also as of right this moment, there are 4000 players MORE online playing dead cells than 2042.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 09:33 AM   #896
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I just want to point out by the way. There are as many players on average playing Dead Cells as there are playing battlefield 2042 right now... think about that. Also as of right this moment, there are 4000 players MORE online playing dead cells than 2042.
You know you fcked up when indie game has more players than a AAA MP only game.

Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 09:55 AM   #897
Mangler
PC

Don't worry guys, according to the battlefield reddit, this always happens with battlefield games at launch!

Old Jan 21, 2022, 09:55 AM   #898
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Don't worry guys, according to the battlefield reddit, this always happens with battlefield games at launch!

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2022, 09:58 AM   #899
Mangler
PC

I do think that 2042 would have had a healthy population right now if it actually had good maps, even though some of the core gameplay mechanics are kind of unfinished.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:58 AM   #900
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I do think that 2042 would have had a healthy population right now if it actually had good maps, even though some of the core gameplay mechanics are kind of unfinished.
All BF3/BF4 maps should be in there stat IMHO.

yoz