Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Mar 3, 2001, 09:48 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Budarow
Radeon R300

Budarow is still being judged by the masses

Smile

It seems so strange to me when I read about all the folks with "problems" and their Radeon based PCs. I have tried a TON of games with my PC/Radeon and NOT ONE PROBLEM! I'm talking at least a dozen new releases and at least dozen old releases. Demos and full games.

Do the rest of you guys with a P2 (350 through 450 MHz) and the original Intel BX chipset have as good of LUCK as I do with their Radeon and games. Or maybe no one is using an OLD system tried and true system like me
Radeon 32 DDR (Driver 7020)
Win98
19" Monitor
Fav Game: HH2001
Budarow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2001, 09:56 PM   #2
Snuffoleupagus
Sesame Street Spokes-it

Snuffoleupagus is still being judged by the masses

Cool

I do! I do! My friend does too! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old Mar 3, 2001, 10:12 PM   #3
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Im running a [email protected] with asusp3bf mobo, and i must say, im going to stick with these mobo aslong as i can. Im going to pgrade my CPU shortly to a p3800 or whatever. Right now, im running the beta bios upgrade witch is suppose to detect CPUs over 850. Ive eeven heard that some people in this form are running a p3/1ghz on there BX mobo and being ROCK solid.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 3, 2001, 11:03 PM   #4
OkToBeR
Radeon R200

OkToBeR is still being judged by the masses

Default me too

im on a p3 500 katmai core cpu and an intel 440bx motherboard, actually its an intel board: SE440BX-2 motherboard name "Seattle".

it's a little slow and old platform but hell, everything i've thrown at it works solidily!! from drivers, to hardware, to software, this BX system ROX!

however, i built my dad an Duron AMD system with VIA KT133 chipset and he loves it. we had a little trouble but it was my fault and not the machines.

but anyway you look at it, AMD is always cheaper. i'd love to upgrade to a new intel 800-1ghz cpu on the BX platform, but i could get a nice new AMD setup complete for that upgrade in CPU alone :>) .

lata
oktober
Tbird [email protected] 266 fsb, 512 Mircon CL2 pc133, HP 9100 32/8/4, Iwill kk266-R, Pioneer slot load 103s DVD, Altec Lansing ACS54, CTX PR711, SB Live Xgamer, Radeon 64 vivo, 80+40+20GB ata66, Antec SX1030 SOHO case 4x80mm fan,Thermalright sk6 w/delta
"..i to had a doll like that, but my cat, bit its head off!"
OkToBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2001, 11:29 PM   #5
oldie
Radeon R520

oldie is still being judged by the masses

I have an Abit BH6-BX M/B with a Celeron [email protected] and I have had no problems with any games so far except Jedi Knight being slow. I think I finally fixed that problem. I think the BX boards work just fine with the Radeons.
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2001, 01:22 AM   #6
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Ahh, this is the one and only reason i had upgraded to a Asus CUBX mobo. The tried and true BX chipset, that so many people have no problems with.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2001, 02:17 AM   #7
Slickery
Radeon R100

Slickery is still being judged by the masses

Finally somone else with a P2. I have a 450 and everything works great with my Radeon. I even have the intel 440BX-2 chipset. While I don't get as high as FPS in some games as these people with monstrous systems. I always get acceptable fps, and that makes me happy.
Slickery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2001, 03:11 AM   #8
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I first had my Radeon on my old PII 400 on an LX board, and it ran great... better than the GTS on my PII.

Now on my PIII with 815 motherboard, it runs perfect.
Old Mar 4, 2001, 07:27 AM   #9
teeact
Radeon R420

teeact is still being judged by the masses

can u list any product that doesnt work with Intel products??
Old Mar 4, 2001, 10:07 AM   #10
maniac_35
Raving Lunatic

maniac_35 is still being judged by the masses

Yeah the Radeon works great in the BX chipset. I have my CPU running at 500MHZ and i get around 39-45 FPS in UT and in Q3A I get 60+Fps.
maniac_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2001, 11:19 AM   #11
oldfart
Radeon R520

oldfart is still being judged by the masses

Since no one else threw it in, it works perfect with an 815 chipset as well.
oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2001, 12:46 PM   #12
Hartsa
Radeon R300

Hartsa is still being judged by the masses

Cool

I have a old Abit BH6(BX), when I got it I had a Celeron 300A(450) on it. After that I got PIII550E(733). And just replaced it with 1GPIII. ATI Radeon works really well with BX mobo. Just wondering, how this old mobo can still rock, hehe.
Hartsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2001, 03:23 PM   #13
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Talking yep! runs fine

NO probs here either! not a single problem.

P2 400
ABIT BX6 revision 2
165MB
Live 5.1
Radeon 64 vivo

BUT----

noticed a severe lag in SEVERENCE at 1152x764 (or whatever it is)

But plan to upgrade soon. No point in getting a faster card than to have it slowed down by a slower than recomended CPU.

example=

p2 for radeon= like swimming with cloths on through mud

1ghz athlon or similar= like having fins and scales

(no i havent drank beer. mmmm BEER)

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote