Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Dec 27, 2005, 08:21 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Oddsk8er
Radeon R200

Oddsk8er is still being judged by the masses

Default Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Crash w/ 5.12/5.13

I've been wondering why Chaos Theory would just crash to desktop for no apparent reason after a few minutes of play. I have been tinkering around with lots of settings to no avail, and finally I decided to go back to some older drivers. I found that with 5.11 Chaos Theory works perfectly fine. On 5.12/5.13, Chaos Theory will crash to the desktop within 5 minutes of play. Anyone else experiencing this? I have a Powercolor X800 Pro VIVO flashed to XT PE, P4 3.0 ghz, 1 GB PC-3200, Audigy 2 ZS.

As a sidenote, I'm not quite sure about this but I think the crashing is related to using higher quality graphics settings or PS 2.0.
Oddsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 03:00 AM   #2
Heeman
Radeon R520

Heeman is still being judged by the masses

I'm using cat 5.12, game works perfectly here, played for hours on end..must be something on your system.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 08:28 AM   #3
elieffj
Radeon R300

elieffj is still being judged by the masses

I also have had no problems with Cat5.12/ATI Tray Tools in SCCT. My pc maybe has a flaw - crashing here and there, but so long as I avoid CCC, I don't see it - as they say... go with what you know.
elieffj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:19 AM   #4
Oddsk8er
Radeon R200

Oddsk8er is still being judged by the masses

I dunno... I have done switched between 5.13 and 5.11 many times. SCCT only crashes with these latest drivers. 5.12 does it too, but I only rolled back to it once. It's definitely not graphical settings. I tried playing the game on lowest settings as well with 5.13 and the game still crashes. 5.11 runs it flawlessly. I must also mention that I have had a lot of blue screens with the 5.12/5.13 drivers. At first I didn't think much of it. Eventually it started happening a lot when I would play a game, but when I went back to 5.11, all of it went away.
Oddsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 03:43 PM   #5
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

From what I have seen the 5.11 through 5.13 improve performance for dual core systems and X1800 cards. If you have a single core system with an X800 card or below the last few drivers will probably do nothing if not slow your system down. So far almost all of my games have lost 3-8FPS in performance. I am using an FX-51 CPU with 2Gigs of RAM and an X800XT-PE. For me the 5.10 drivers(the last drivers before the X1800 was released) are the best for my gaming needs. They seem very stable and give me the highest performance out of any drivers set. I probably won't download drivers anymore until I get a new dual core system with a new card that is supported better.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote