Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jul 2, 2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber
Thumbs up Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat ... now with 707 HP

Holy. ****.

Quote:
Hold onto your butts. "600-plus horsepower" is what we were told to expect from the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT with its 6.2-liter supercharged Hellcat V8 engine. But as we've just learned, those were incredibly conservative numbers. Dodge has officially announced that the range-topping Challenger will hit the asphalt with 707 – seven hundred and seven – horsepower, making it the "most powerful muscle car ever."

Of course, 707 hp is only part of the story, as the Hellcat has also been confirmed to produce 650 pound-feet of torque. All that power will run exclusively to the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission that differs from other Challengers. The new gearbox, 8HP90 (rather than the 8HP70) is "upgraded to handle the extra power and torque," says Dan Reid, SRT's manager of product design and motorsports.

We certainly hope you're prepared to spend a ton of money replacing tires.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/01/2...fficial-video/

This car's only purpose is to convert rubber tires directly into smoke. A testament to man's folly. And I want one.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2014, 04:17 PM   #2
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I'll admit, I was impressed. Anxiously waiting to see what kind of 1/4mi times it can put down.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2014, 04:43 PM   #3
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

I am worried about those skinny tires. If anything, this car should be running the same 355s on the rears as the Viper. Tub it if you have to, cause right now all I see is wasted horsepower. Though if you could get this thing to plant, I wouldn't be surprised if it dipped into the 10s.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 2, 2014, 04:44 PM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

10s quarter mile, slam into a wall the first time you take a turn
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2014, 05:30 PM   #5
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

I wouldn't drive that if someone gave it to me.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2014, 09:24 PM   #6
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
I am worried about those skinny tires. If anything, this car should be running the same 355s on the rears as the Viper. Tub it if you have to, cause right now all I see is wasted horsepower. Though if you could get this thing to plant, I wouldn't be surprised if it dipped into the 10s.

No way in hell it'll run 10's. This thing is going to weigh around 4,400lbs most likely.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jul 2, 2014, 09:47 PM   #7
McTurok
Radeon Volcanic Islands

McTurok is still being judged by the masses

I really like the "Hellcat" name. Very catchy.

And damn, I'm not sure they could have picked a better song to go with their videos.

Thumbs up to the marketing team on this one.
McTurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2014, 09:48 PM   #8
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
I wouldn't drive that if someone gave it to me.
Why not? I wouldn't buy one, but I'd drive it. Ohhhhh, I'd drive it for sure.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jul 2, 2014, 09:50 PM   #9
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

707 is pretty impressive, but I'll take the boss 302 any day over it.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:00 PM   #10
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

That article is retarded. Why would they put that engine in the Viper when they could just supercharge the Viper engine if they wanted more power? Plus that would make a hell of a lot more than 707 hp.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:13 PM   #11
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
The Challenger does absolutely nothing for me: they're enormous, slow, and expensive for what you get.

Chrysler seems to think they can just throw more power at the car and neglect the rest.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:18 PM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
So you can feel what its like to drive a truck with that much power? Your Vette is way better.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:18 PM   #13
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
The Challenger does absolutely nothing for me: they're enormous, slow, and expensive for what you get.

Chrysler seems to think they can just throw more power at the car and neglect the rest.
Agreed on all points.

Still, if someone were stupid enough to give me the keys I'd drive the hell out of it.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:20 PM   #14
swingline
Dab on them folks

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
So you can feel what its like to drive a truck with that much power? Your Vette is way better.
I actually drive a truck with more horsepower.

RIP Jesse
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:06 AM   #15
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post
707 is pretty impressive, but I'll take the boss 302 any day over it.
They are 2 different cars
Desktop - MSI MPG Gungnir 111M | MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk Wifi | Intel Core i7 11700K | Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 1TB Intel 670p | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | PNY GeForce RTX 3070 XLR8 Gaming REVEL | Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus | SeaSonic Focus GX-750 | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:51 AM   #16
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
No way in hell it'll run 10's. This thing is going to weigh around 4,400lbs most likely.
When my Roadrunner was pushing just over 700hp, it ran 10s, and it was just about 4500lbs. The key to that statement was a really good launch, and a source of traction, which the hellcat is definitely lacking in the latter.

There are plenty of 4400+lbs Challengers out there with the Keene Bell supercharger setup putting down less than 700hp and hitting 10s. Fit some proper tires, get a really good launch, and that 8 speed auto should have it touching 10s.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2014, 07:18 AM   #17
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wonder what tires this thing will come with. Hopefully some Pilot Super Sports or Pilot Sport Cups.
Desktop - MSI MPG Gungnir 111M | MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk Wifi | Intel Core i7 11700K | Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 1TB Intel 670p | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | PNY GeForce RTX 3070 XLR8 Gaming REVEL | Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus | SeaSonic Focus GX-750 | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Old Jul 3, 2014, 07:24 AM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I actually drive a truck with more horsepower.
I know, I thought about mentioning it My friends' Challenger R/T felt like you were driving a truck, it didn't feel car-like at all. If you want that much power in a vehicle that drives like a truck, buy a truck.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 07:36 AM   #19
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Its an overweight, ugly car but the numbers are impressive. Curious to see what kind of 1/4 mile times it can put down -- they are speculating sub 12 and 0-60 in 3.5.

Love it or hate it the thing is a beast.
switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2014, 07:54 AM   #20
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
They are 2 different cars
They are both special edition elite versions of their muscle car. Or is this some more shadow troll?
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2014, 08:29 AM   #21
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post
They are both special edition elite versions of their muscle car. Or is this some more shadow troll?
Boss 302 was a production TRACK car. The HellCat is in direct compeition with the GT500 and ZL1.

I don't need to troll when you don't know what you are talking about.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 08:54 AM   #22
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Boss 302 was a production TRACK car. The HellCat is in direct compeition with the GT500 and ZL1.

I don't need to troll when you don't know what you are talking about.
Its true that the Hellcat is being pointed at the Shelby and the ZL1 but the ZL1 and the Boss 302 have been compared numerous times for their track capability. Not a stretch to say Boss 302 vs Hellcat.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 08:56 AM   #23
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Its an overweight, ugly car but the numbers are impressive. Curious to see what kind of 1/4 mile times it can put down -- they are speculating sub 12 and 0-60 in 3.5.

I like the way it looks, very retro cool.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2014, 08:57 AM   #24
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Its true that the Hellcat is being pointed at the Shelby and the ZL1 but the ZL1 and the Boss 302 have been compared numerous times for their track capability. Not a stretch to say Boss 302 vs Hellcat.
Would you take a hellcat around the track? I wouldn't.

Also, I find the Boss 302 to ZL1 comparison to not be a fair one because the SS is such a shitbox that for the ZL1 they had to improve on everything. The Boss used more or less a GT drivetrain with a different tune and different intake manifold, the differences were in the setup. The ZL1 uses a bigass blown LS motor, magnetic ride, etc. The Z28 is the Camaro's track version.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 08:58 AM   #25
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I like the way it looks, very retro cool.
Looks wise it's my favorite pony car. Every time I pull up next to an R/T or SRT the coolness just oozes out of it. But I'm a big homer for late 60's/Early 70's muscle cars.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 09:26 AM   #26
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Would you take a hellcat around the track? I wouldn't.

Also, I find the Boss 302 to ZL1 comparison to not be a fair one because the SS is such a shitbox that for the ZL1 they had to improve on everything. The Boss used more or less a GT drivetrain with a different tune and different intake manifold, the differences were in the setup. The ZL1 uses a bigass blown LS motor, magnetic ride, etc. The Z28 is the Camaro's track version.
I would.

That said, most 302 owners spend more time in 1/4 mile lineups than they do on a track. At the end of the day its a Mustang vs. a Challenger and the comparison is valid.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 09:31 AM   #27
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Looks wise it's my favorite pony car. Every time I pull up next to an R/T or SRT the coolness just oozes out of it.
Same here.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2014, 09:34 AM   #28
swingline
Dab on them folks

Subscriber

Quote:

Sub 12 seconds, really impressive.

RIP Jesse
Old Jul 3, 2014, 09:34 AM   #29
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Help me understand the criticisms that it's too big and too heavy to be a good car... I thought the term "muscle car" was primarily intended to describe a big heavy engine with 2 doors slapped on it? I don't expect muscle cars to be designed with the Nurburgring in mind. But rather, that they're intended for quarter mile drags or going very fast, very quickly, in a straight line. While still needing a bit of comfort around the corners, I didn't think muscle cars were designed for F1 tracks.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2014, 09:36 AM   #30
swingline
Dab on them folks

Subscriber

When it's so heavy that 1/4 mile times suffer, that's a bit of a problem if you're a muscle car.

Edit: And it's 2014 - there doesn't need to be a trade-off between straightline performance or handling.

RIP Jesse