Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 3, 2015, 06:32 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ಠ_ಠ

Avatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAvatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default 2016 Cayman GT4

... did a ring time of 7:40 (only a couple ticks more from 991S which did 7:37.9). Manual only, available later this year.

Quote:
The mid-engined meanie will debut a month from now at the 2015 Geneva Auto Show, and it's already a monster. Its 7:40 lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife is equal to the time posted by the 2011 Porsche 911 GT3.

Power comes from a 3.8L flat six derived from the 911 Carrera S. It makes 385 hp, and that power is transmitted to the rear wheels exclusively via a six-speed stick. No PDK here, folks. The lesson of the 911 GT3 has been learned.

And yes, duh, it's fast. 0–60 takes 4.2 seconds and the car tops out at 183 mph. Visually, its wicked new aero package alerts the world that this is no garden-variety little croc. And under the skin, Porsche says that most of the chassis components, wheels and brakes included, are stolen directly from the spectacular 911 GT3—R&T's 2015 Performance Car of the Year.

Inside, it's just as you'd expect—driver-focused and purposeful. Naturally, myriad upgrades like the PCCB carbon-ceramic brakes will be available to those who want them.

Want one? It goes on sale this July for $84,600, plus a $995 destination charge. We'll see it in person a month from now, so stay tuned for those firsthand impressions.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...t4-first-look/

Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2015, 06:44 PM   #2
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Damn that's a sexy ass car! I think it looks better than the 911.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2015, 06:58 PM   #3
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

That thing looks incredible!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 3, 2015, 07:04 PM   #4
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The Cayman (not just the GT4) is just a nice looking car... I looked at several 2014's at a dealership recently since they are trying to get them off the lot quickly.. Doesn't matter the color, it's just a beautiful car.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2015, 07:20 PM   #5
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I was all over it until I saw the $995 destination charge ... puts it just barely outside my budget. Bummer.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2015, 07:32 PM   #6
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
That thing looks incredible!
It's even the same color of your BRZ... it's a sign
Desktop - MSI MPG Gungnir 111M | MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk Wifi | Intel Core i7 11700K | Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 1TB Intel 670p | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | PNY GeForce RTX 3070 XLR8 Gaming REVEL | Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus | SeaSonic Focus GX-750 | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2015, 07:42 PM   #7
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

sick, but a ton of money for a cayman with 0 options. don't expect to find any in dealerships with less than a six figure sticker price because all porsche dealers are ****ing retarded and think you need full leather and PCM and PCCB and PDCC and sport exhaust and painted trim peices and the extra special wheels and sport chrono and bose and satellite radio, a leather key fob, a painted key fob, heated seats, cooled seats, 18 way power seats, leather trimmed floor mats, painted center console, leather wrapped rearview mirror, ski bag, and don't forget $1500 painted headlamp washer covers.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2015, 07:58 PM   #8
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

That rear end.. so hot.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2015, 08:54 PM   #9
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I can finally say I LOVE the Cayman.

edit:

my next car -- mark my words.

Last edited by switchAMG : Feb 3, 2015 at 09:06 PM.
switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2015, 09:08 PM   #10
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I can finally say I LOVE the Cayman.

edit:

my next car -- mark my words.
You know its 100% electric, right?

j/k
Old Feb 3, 2015, 09:26 PM   #11
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
You know its 100% electric, right?

j/k
i'd be all for a hybrid cayman ala 911 GT3 R Hybrid with a dual motor electric front drive axle.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 09:32 PM   #12
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

I can haz pleez.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2015, 06:49 AM   #13
ಠ_ಠ

Avatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAvatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2015, 08:33 AM   #14
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Anyone know how much this GT4 weighs?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Feb 4, 2015, 08:45 AM   #15
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Anyone know how much this GT4 weighs?
I would imagine the 3.8 weighs a bit more than the 3.4, these cars tended to tip the scales in factory form around 3100lbs, I would say no more than 3200lbs and no less than 3050. The manual gearbox is a bit lighter than the PDK but also the 3.8 probably requires all three radiators in the front instead of two like the caymans typically have. I doubt they used any carbon fiber in this besides the wing.

It feels like they're purposely holding it back, that motor produces 400hp no problem with the C2S yet here... nah lets not cannibalize, 385. The car is better balanced than a 911 but the C2S ring time is about a second faster than this, far superior track vehicle.

That said, this will be the new budget go to racer for Porsche fans that can no longer afford a GT3 or want one because it's PDK only, the other option is the GT3RS which is likely far out of their budgets now if they want a manual.

With a reflash, some pipes, a new airfilter, I bet this thing will easily make over 475hp. Traction will be an issue, they probably purposefully put narrower tires on the back than the 911s have. May be time for some people to cut and roll fenders on one of these cars to fit some 315s or 325s back there like GT3's have.

It's a step in the right direction but feels a little halfhearted, though not quite as halfhearted as the Cayman R or Boxster Spyder were.

They don't want a car short of a million dollars to make the 911 look like less than the best thing you can buy from them.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 09:30 AM   #16
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I assumed it would be about 3000lbs, just haven't seen actual confirmation yet. And yeah, they are definitely nudering this thing to keep it below a 911.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Feb 4, 2015, 09:58 AM   #17
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
I assumed it would be about 3000lbs, just haven't seen actual confirmation yet. And yeah, they are definitely nudering this thing to keep it below a 911.
1.415 kg = 3.119,54 lbs

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2015, 09:59 AM   #18
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
1.415 kg = 3.119,54 lbs
Link?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:38 AM   #19
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I was all over it until I saw the $995 destination charge ... puts it just barely outside my budget. Bummer.
Just outside your budget, but just inside your sexy new banked driveway, right? Right?

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:41 AM   #20
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Just outside your budget, but just inside your sexy new banked driveway, right? Right?

I've seen some of those videos, with drivers launching Ferraris etc into ponds and what not. I have no doubt I'd pull off similar moves, and have pictures of my car 20' up a pine tree. Bank shot!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:00 AM   #21
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I've seen some of those videos, with drivers launching Ferraris etc into ponds and what not. I have no doubt I'd pull off similar moves, and have pictures of my car 20' up a pine tree. Bank shot!
Or in a pile of busted up flooring tiles
Desktop - MSI MPG Gungnir 111M | MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk Wifi | Intel Core i7 11700K | Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 1TB Intel 670p | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | PNY GeForce RTX 3070 XLR8 Gaming REVEL | Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus | SeaSonic Focus GX-750 | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:04 AM   #22
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Link?
http://www.porsche.com/germany/model...turesandspecs/

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2015, 04:02 PM   #23
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2015, 04:41 PM   #24
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2015, 05:18 PM   #25
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I want this thing. BRB, selling my cars.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Feb 5, 2015, 05:34 PM   #26
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Old Feb 5, 2015, 08:46 PM   #27
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Feb 5, 2015, 08:49 PM   #28
Lupine
Administrator

Last time I listen to you guys.

Old Feb 5, 2015, 08:49 PM   #29
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Not to mention they didn't even say the doc. fee! Now it's wayyy to much.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2015, 09:01 PM   #30
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Last time I listen to you guys.