Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:23 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Hellcat X

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...ntcmp=features

Cliff's Notes:
twin turbo
805hp/800 lb-ft (+98/150 vs. stock)

Interesting that it is both supercharged and turbocharged. I've always been interested in twin-charging but it seems like it's almost never done...
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:00 AM   #2
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

too bad it's a one off for a giveaway and not something dodge themselves is putting into production
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:08 AM   #3
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post
too bad it's a one off for a giveaway and not something dodge themselves is putting into production
True. Cool though!
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:14 AM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

They only got 100hp from twin turbos?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:16 AM   #5
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
They only got 100hp from twin turbos?
They addressed this in the article, it's about "usable" performance. It would be interesting to see a dyno graph of that power. I'll bet it's just a flat line from like 3k to redline.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:49 AM   #6
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I'm curious what they define as "useable performance".

It weighs a ton. With the right tires, you could easily put full power down. It's not like it will ever see a road course. I'm with Elysian though, and question why they bothered with twincharging for not much additional power.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Last edited by OverclockN' : Jul 23, 2015 at 12:00 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2015, 03:05 PM   #7
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I'm curious what they define as "useable performance".

It weighs a ton. With the right tires, you could easily put full power down. It's not like it will ever see a road course. I'm with Elysian though, and question why they bothered with twincharging for not much additional power.
I had the same reaction initially, and the numbers do sound small, but I do wonder about the shape of that dyno graph.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 03:42 PM   #8
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
I had the same reaction initially, and the numbers do sound small, but I do wonder about the shape of that dyno graph.
Where did you see the dyno graph?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2015, 03:45 PM   #9
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

I am still stumped on why these things are running around on 275 rears. I think it would be awesome if they had a little bigger balls to tub the thing and stuff the Viper's 355 meats in there.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2015, 03:56 PM   #10
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Where did you see the dyno graph?
I didn't, that's what I'm saying, I wish we had one to compare to a stock Hellcat.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 04:13 PM   #11
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I'm with Elysian though, and question why they bothered with twincharging for not much additional power.
It is based on the Hellcat plane that had prototypes with an X designation, specifically the XF6F-2 which was both supercharged and turbo charged. Like the car, the added turbocharger on the plane saw marginal gains in power, though it still made them insanely fast at the time.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2015, 07:38 PM   #12
Roadhog
Sausages

Roadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...ntcmp=features

Cliff's Notes:
twin turbo
805hp/800 lb-ft (+98/150 vs. stock)

Interesting that it is both supercharged and turbocharged. I've always been interested in twin-charging but it seems like it's almost never done...
http://www.volkswagen.com.sg/en/tech...si-engine.html

Probably doesn't gain much because it already has a positive displacement supercharger on it. All I can see adding turbos to it does it increase the efficiency and probably up the boost just a tad.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2015, 08:56 PM   #13
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I guess I could see it adding similar power throughout the rev range, not just up top...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote