Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 19, 2018, 04:11 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Doom 3 Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 08:16 AM   #2
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

I was gonna post this if no one else had. Yay!

More Serious Sam goodness.
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:37 AM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zhivago View Post

Yessir. I was going to say something stupid about waiting for user reviews, but I know better
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:03 PM   #4
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zhivago View Post

Fck YEA!!!

I hope it has co-op on 1 pc like previous SAM.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 01:20 PM   #5
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Folding@home

Yaaaaahooooooooooooo!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:51 PM   #6
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Wow, still looks like crap.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 01:14 AM   #7
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Wow, still looks like crap.
Still better than Assassin's Creed.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:00 AM   #8
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Been waiting for this
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 04:24 PM   #9
Taman Linkin
Rage3D Veteran

Taman Linkin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTaman Linkin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah! More Sam!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 07:35 PM   #10
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I would love a Serious Sam with Quake3-style strafe jumping.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:48 PM   #11
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Hopefully the gunplay is actually good this time. SS guns feel completely flat to me personally.
It's mostly the animations; they're loose.

If they could marry the gunplay of Doom with the large open spaces and hordes of SS, that'd be my dream shooter.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018, 09:56 PM   #12
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilsingh View Post
If they could marry the gunplay of Doom with the large open spaces and hordes of SS, that'd be my dream shooter.
I will die!!! Would be
Old Apr 24, 2018, 04:25 PM   #13
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The shotgun in SS 1 holycow I played that a lot!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 05:07 PM   #14
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

I am a bit concerned by the artwork featured on the Steam page. It gives the impression that Sam will have AI teammates.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2018, 09:35 AM   #15
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
I am a bit concerned by the artwork featured on the Steam page. It gives the impression that Sam will have AI teammates.
It's just the multiplayer models.
They each have a bit of lore and history from the model selection screens throughout the games which earns them a place in the canon.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2018, 02:46 PM   #16
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2018, 09:39 AM   #17
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Oh **** YES!
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2018, 08:43 PM   #18
crunchysuperman
Idiot

http://serioussam.com/

"not a single desert level was created while making this game"

haha
Old Jun 9, 2018, 05:17 AM   #19
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchysuperman View Post
http://serioussam.com/

"not a single desert level was created while making this game"

haha
lol
Old Jun 9, 2018, 05:44 AM   #20
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looking over that page (not a whole lot there) it struck me that it doesn't show any new enemies. I may pass on this. New maps/prettier graphics are nice, but it would be more of the same old more or less.

I need new enemies....
Old Jun 9, 2018, 06:02 AM   #21
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I hope they improve the feel of the shootbang, it has never felt quite right compared to the id software titles.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:14 PM   #22
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

100,000 enemies on screen

https://www.pcgamesn.com/serious-sam...-sam-4-enemies

I was going to say the graphics look kinda weak but with 100k enemies that's understandable.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:04 AM   #23
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
100,000 enemies on screen

https://www.pcgamesn.com/serious-sam...-sam-4-enemies

I was going to say the graphics look kinda weak but with 100k enemies that's understandable.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 05:18 AM   #24
crunchysuperman
Idiot

That whole thing kinda ticked me off. From "join us at E3 for a full game reveal, and more!" to "sorry, it's closed door for the press only" to press reporting "relatively early stages of development"

Old May 20, 2020, 01:36 PM   #25
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

PREORDER NOW ON STEAM - release date is August 2020.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...erioussam_1601

At no point after playing through Serious Sam 3 did I think that I would want a Serious Sam 4, but here we are.

System requirements:
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2020, 02:09 PM   #26
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2020, 02:42 PM   #27
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I got tired of Serious Sam 3 because it got real repetitive.

The formula was nice in the past, but I hope it's not the same thing over again. Waves of enemies thrown at you every time you pick up a key or powerup or something. It was fun back in Serious Sam 1 and 2 because it was novel, but 3 really wore me out to the point where I didn't even finish the game. I just play a level like every 6 months, eventually I'll get to the end.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2020, 02:59 PM   #28
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I doubt they can get the magic back. #2 was it for me. 3 didn't do much for me at all. Will wait for reviews and a deeply price cut sale.
Old May 20, 2020, 03:48 PM   #29
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Same here with SS3. I never finished it.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2020, 05:50 PM   #30
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

If it's just Doom but in the open, again, I'm gonna be disappointed as well. SS3 still looks pretty good, hell the remasters look pretty good even today. Soooo if they are doing a new game... I wanna see some change ups personally.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote