Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 23, 2019, 05:59 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy1 View Post
Anyone know what the two circles above the health bar are for. Thought it was a clock of some sort but there are no day[night cycles so I'm clueless
They are your resurrects you have available.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/81438...3802576809813/

Regarding difficulty, I'm a novice playing soul games. But 1v1 I do pretty well in this game. The addition of the grappling hook makes the game easier imo. But if you get surrounded, and you don't retreat via the grappling hook, you are going to die. Speaking of...

Quote:
Sekiro tips and tricks for beginners and returning experts
Unlearn what you have learned
Observe and Attack
Items are significantly more important now
Descend
Be unseen for as long as possible

Be careful when you resurrect
Check for other paths
Don't be afraid to run
Master the basics of Posture
Parry and Riposte

Check in at the temple
Dip, Dive, Deflect, Dodge

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...nd-tricks-6009

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Mar 23, 2019 at 06:20 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2019, 06:30 PM   #32
ozzy1
User

ozzy1 is still being judged by the masses

Sweet....thanks,
Felt like an animal playing DMC5.
Now I feel like a hamster playing this....very humbling experience.
Appreciate the tips for us struggling (first boss demo's me everytime)
Old Mar 23, 2019, 08:36 PM   #33
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The master of From Software environmental storytelling analysis has started his playthrough:

Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:24 AM   #34
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Played for a few hours, and no doubt this game's difficulty is off the charts, even for a From software game. Some of the mini-bosses scattered around the world feel more difficult than some Soulsborne bosses. I'd wager less than 10% of the people who buy this game will complete it. Even seen some streamers rage quit a couple times. I always thought that there was no need for a difficulty slider in Soulsborne games, but this game is getting me to think differently about that, as I love everything else about it.

You can modify the game's FoV (and some other tweaks like ultra wide screen support), instructions are in the wsgf thread (link).

Default, and +40% FoV:
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]

Last edited by Drexion : Mar 24, 2019 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Fixed broken link
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2019, 07:13 AM   #35
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I still haven't played it yet but I'm not worried about the harder difficulty. My guess is a lot of it may be due to players trying to play it like a Souls game and need to unlearn that style and get used to the gameplay mechanics of Sekiro. If anything I'm happy to hear they've got new challenges for us rather than same old same old.

I'd suggest to anyone struggling with the difficulty to look up some current playthroughs to gather strategies from the community. Just like all From's other games I'm sure this one is also just a matter of learning its intricacies.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 09:14 AM   #36
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I'd suggest to anyone struggling with the difficulty to look up some current playthroughs to gather strategies from the community.
This advice would work with other Souls-like games, but not with this one. It's like saying "watch some videos of 'guitar hero expert through the fire and flames' and you will eventually be able to do it too". Reality is no matter how much you research/watch/learn, only maybe 5% of the playerbase will have the reaction time and rhythm to pull it off.

I read someone say that Sekiro feels like a combination of a Soulsborne and a Rythm game, I can see how that comparison makes sense. We're in the honeymoon stage of this game, it's going to be interesting to see if the playerbase opinion changes as time goes by.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:24 AM   #37
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I saw a video of a streamer trying to kill one of the early chained Ogres. It took him like 9 tries and then he did kill the idiot. Was enough to remove this game off my wishlist.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2019, 02:05 PM   #38
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

This video seems helpful:

SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2019, 02:52 PM   #39
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
This advice would work with other Souls-like games, but not with this one. It's like saying "watch some videos of 'guitar hero expert through the fire and flames' and you will eventually be able to do it too". Reality is no matter how much you research/watch/learn, only maybe 5% of the playerbase will have the reaction time and rhythm to pull it off.

I read someone say that Sekiro feels like a combination of a Soulsborne and a Rythm game, I can see how that comparison makes sense. We're in the honeymoon stage of this game, it's going to be interesting to see if the playerbase opinion changes as time goes by.
OK I'll wait and see. From the videos I've been watching it seems fun as hell. I'm hoping to start it one night this week.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 06:32 PM   #40
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've beaten every From game since Demon's multiple times and I have to say this is by far their hardest game yet. The boss and "mini-boss" fights are ridiculously punishing.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 08:16 PM   #41
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Lobos making the game look easy as per usual.

Old Mar 24, 2019, 08:36 PM   #42
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
This video seems helpful:

That was actually a very informative video, thanks.

Definitely seems a challenging game for sure, but as always From Soft does provide the player with tools to make the going easier and in time I'm sure I'll be able to get through the game easily, just like I eventually beat Dark Souls at SL1 even though that seemed impossible first time i played it. We just need to discover the strategies and utilize them.. and forget your Soulsbourne muscle memory (stop trying to dodge away for invincibility frames, and learn to parry).
Old Mar 24, 2019, 09:36 PM   #43
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

I've been thinking in what way could From 'tweak' the game without the bad publicity of "omg they nerfed the difficulty thanks to the whiners!", and I think if they just made the time-window for a successful deflect/parry/block *slightly* longer (and nothing else) it would be acceptable to both the casual and hardcore crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I'm sure I'll be able to get through the game easily
Old Mar 24, 2019, 09:52 PM   #44
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'd be annoyed if they dumb it down without any options to play it as originally intended. The game is very hard, but it also feels less punishing to die than Dark Souls. My only big complaint so far is that the first boss has some serious artificial inflation of difficulty going on, simply because From is terrible at grappling animations. Just like every Souls game, you can get grabbed when you really feel like you shouldn't be.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:07 PM   #45
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I saw a video of a streamer trying to kill one of the early chained Ogres. It took him like 9 tries and then he did kill the idiot. Was enough to remove this game off my wishlist.
that chained ogre was rather easy if you know its weakness. hell if you approach it fast, you get in half a dozen hits before it even breaks loose. this game cannot be played like any other previous soul games. if its approached in this manner, it will be an extremely frustrating game.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:46 PM   #46
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

This game is harder than any of the Souls games I've played before including Demon's and Blood.

**** Lady Butterfly.

And **** MYYYYYY NAAAAAAAME IS
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:24 AM   #47
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Am I the only one who has played almost 8 hours but haven't even engaged the Shinobi hunter properly yet?
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2019, 08:36 AM   #48
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Am I the only one who has played almost 8 hours but haven't even engaged the Shinobi hunter properly yet?
Is he... the spear boss guy in the walkway past the 2 shield bros in the Hirata Estate?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2019, 08:44 AM   #49
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Sounds like KAC.

Seriously though, I am no stranger to tough From Software games and I relish the challenge of extreme difficulty.

The thing about their games, is the difficulty has ALWAYS been unforgiving and brutal when you first play them. But after a couple playthroughs and enough time has gone by for the community to learn the strategies they can be easily beaten. This is a testament to good game design. I am expecting Sekiro to be no different, but at the same time I of course expected From to up the difficulty from their previous games. Obviously they know their reputation and the expectations of their audience, and wouldn't want to disappoint them with a game that's easier than previous games.

Seems like with this one the difficulty curve might just be a bit steeper than their others. Plus with the addition of not being able to customize your character as much as in their previous RPG type games, makes it even harder for every player to find their groove.

But its only been out a few days. No doubt we'll be seeing speed runs, no death runs, and all manner of others soon enough once players had enough time to get used to the game.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Mar 25, 2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 09:52 AM   #50
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Is he... the spear boss guy in the walkway past the 2 shield bros in the Hirata Estate?
Yep that one.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 09:56 AM   #51
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
I've been thinking in what way could From 'tweak' the game without the bad publicity of "omg they nerfed the difficulty thanks to the whiners!", and I think if they just made the time-window for a successful deflect/parry/block *slightly* longer (and nothing else) it would be acceptable to both the casual and hardcore crowds.

The guy's twitter wall pic is hilarious in the context

https://twitter.com/thekingogx
Old Mar 25, 2019, 01:25 PM   #52
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Eff that guy. The key (for me...after 15 tries) to beating him was to get the counter skill for one of his unblockable attacks. Once I got that thing it was sneak up on him, deathblow, bait him into using that skill - counter, rinse repeat until I got another deathblow.

Now the purple ninja guy at the 3 level tower thing...screw that guy even harder. Luckily there is an easy "cheese" method to beating him

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2019, 09:21 PM   #53
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Started playing it finally. Lives up to the hype so far, awesome!

From what i can tell in the hour or so I've played, it's essentially as if they've made a rhythm game out of their patented tight combat mechanics. Its all about recognizing enemy tells to use deflect then being as aggressive as possible to kill your opponent quick.

I got the timing down pretty fast from all those years of parrying in Souls games, but yes this game's margin for error is quite tight, at least until you learn each enemy's moves. Can't wait to see the upgrades and new techniques that can be learned in the game, and how the difficulty scales as you acquire them.

Looking forward to playing more, this is going to be a good one. Lazy8s where are you?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 05:38 AM   #54
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

incredible, I'm 3/4 of the way through DS3 and haven't been able to parry ONCE. I don't understand how you guys can cut it.
Considering the last Souls game has turned me into a nervous wreck, after going through this thread I think staying clear from Sekiro is something I owe to my coronaries
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2019, 06:27 AM   #55
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
incredible, I'm 3/4 of the way through DS3 and haven't been able to parry ONCE. I don't understand how you guys can cut it.
Considering the last Souls game has turned me into a nervous wreck, after going through this thread I think staying clear from Sekiro is something I owe to my coronaries
It's sure enough not for the faint hearted. Tests your patience a LOT.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2019, 06:28 AM   #56
Andy22
Radeon R700

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Eff that guy. The key (for me...after 15 tries) to beating him was to get the counter skill for one of his unblockable attacks. Once I got that thing it was sneak up on him, deathblow, bait him into using that skill - counter, rinse repeat until I got another deathblow.

Now the purple ninja guy at the 3 level tower thing...screw that guy even harder. Luckily there is an easy "cheese" method to beating him
Do tell! He's wrecked me more than once.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2019, 06:59 AM   #57
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
There's plenty of parrying videos online to help you. Just don't be afraid to die a bunch learning it. Find a good spot not too far from a bonfire and just practice. Its all about patience and timing, and learning the enemy attack pattern.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:34 AM   #58
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

does SLI work in this game?
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2019, 09:30 PM   #59
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy22 View Post
Do tell! He's wrecked me more than once.

Lure him off the tower and then when he’s chasing you dive into the river. Wait a few seconds and jump back up to the area. If you time it right he’ll be walking past the area back up to the tower. Go stealth, sneak up behind him and deathblow his @ss.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:42 AM   #60
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Friend of mine had this to say about the game mechanics.

Quote:
the normal dudes are easy peasy
but then the bosses
have non explained mechanics
or too much HP
and not like actual bosses
just champion type dudes
randomly thrown in
to the point that i can't really hurt them

so you gotta break thru their poise to deal damage
but poise recovers over time
parrying and striking them builds it up
but these minibosses recover it so quickly i can never wear them down, hence no daage

they also have super fast no damage dealing, but posture breaking kicks and punches that you can't block
so swinging into them can be dangerous as they counter you with a quick kick or punch, then start dealing damage. you have a dodge but it's not the souls dodge
screw up a parry's timing and you take damage to your posture, but if you time it perfectly you damage theirs instead and take none to yours
but they spam attacks, all at different timing
seems unfair rather than hard and you can only take a few hits before you die and a single hit leads to chain stuns
and then death
it's a hard game bc you never have a chance to practice
bc practicing requires death
so the uptie on practiciing is too small

Hows that to how you guys are finding the game?