Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:35 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
but I believe most who buy it will walk away, and probably need new controllers too lol
Couple weeks ago I posted in this thread, "I'd wager less than 10% of the people who buy this game will complete it". Looks like my wild guess of 10% might be too generous a figure.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2019, 01:46 PM   #122
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
That’s where I’m heading towards too grey. Some of the mechanics have gone from challenging to straight up not fun/stupid. Most people chalk it up to FS being FS but it’s truly poor design.

The camera is by far my biggest gripe.. it’s garbage
It really is - FS had major camera issues in DaS 3 as well. I don't know if it's an engine issue, coding or what, but there's obviously a problem with it, not to mention some really bad hitboxes on grab attacks I've seen repeatedly...lol, it just isn't worth the aggravation for me.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2019, 01:48 PM   #123
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Couple weeks ago I posted in this thread, "I'd wager less than 10% of the people who buy this game will complete it". Looks like my wild guess of 10% might be too generous a figure.
I can't help but wonder which site will try to get the numbers first. Didn't Alien: Isolation have some stats released somewhere that showed a low completion rate? I think you're right, this one will too. Really too bad, the maps are absolutely stellar and some of the enemies are truly memorable.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 2, 2019, 02:11 PM   #124
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Honestly, all of their titles have the same issues with the camera and grab attacks, it's just more noticeable in soulsbornekiro thanks to the level design.

At least you can jump out of the magnetic grab attacks in sekiro.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2019, 02:34 PM   #125
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Lazy8s you might just be burned out. I know you've put in a lot of hours this past week.

I've only got 12 or so hours logged but I can't see myself giving up on this game. Just like it too much. It would take a lot for me to rage quit at this point. Like a massively stupid spike in difficulty or sudden poor game design. We'll see, but I doubt it considering I've seen a good amount of what the game has to offer already. I really don't have any major complaints yet.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2019, 03:46 PM   #126
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Lazy8s you might just be burned out. I know you've put in a lot of hours this past week.

I've only got 12 or so hours logged but I can't see myself giving up on this game. Just like it too much. It would take a lot for me to rage quit at this point. Like a massively stupid spike in difficulty or sudden poor game design. We'll see, but I doubt it considering I've seen a good amount of what the game has to offer already. I really don't have any major complaints yet.
Yeah I've sunk some hours in for sure lol. This isn't a rage quit though. FS had almost always hit that really fine line between difficult, more difficult but still fun. I like challenges, but it's still only a video game, my primary source of PC/console entertainment. When it stops being fun, or engaging in a really satisfying way it's time to walk away from that title for a bit.

You know there are pro youtubers already recommending cheese and not locking on for some fights due to the camera issues? Again, no links as I don't want to spoil anything, but that's no way to beat a game lol. I'll jump back in here and there so I don't feel I completely wasted my money, but it's down to distraction status now as far as completing it goes.

edit: I'm not trying to dampen your enjoyment of the game btw - no way. You may thrive on what drove me away and I really hope you get all that satisfaction through to the end
Old Apr 2, 2019, 04:28 PM   #127
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I was about to rage-uninstall DS3 this evening after loosing 350.000 souls at Archdragon Peak for pure sloppy gameplay, and started questioning myself what have I gotten myself into.
I definitely have to avoid Sekiro at all costs!
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2019, 04:36 PM   #128
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
I was about to rage-uninstall DS3 this evening after loosing 350.000 souls at Archdragon Peak for pure sloppy gameplay, and started questioning myself what have I gotten myself into.
I definitely have to avoid Sekiro at all costs!
You made it to Archdragon peak you're doing better than you think you are

I'm going to jump back into Sekiro just because...it's crazy. I get turned off and quit, then watch some dude breeze through on youtube and it makes me want to try again.

It wouldn't be so bad if I were just dying due to poor technique, but several times in a row to what's essentially a repeatable glitch is maddening. I keep hoping it won't happen the next time.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 04:48 PM   #129
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

maybe they'll get around to fixing the wonky camera?
not that FS ever took care of the many spots in DS3 where enemies hit you through walls
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2019, 05:37 PM   #130
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I'm just happy to see Epic Name Bro and Vaati making content again.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2019, 08:11 PM   #131
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Does anyone have Sekiro randomly stick his left hand up in the middle of combat sometimes? I'm not sure what causes it, but it's gotten me hit several times.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 09:44 PM   #132
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Well I'm working my way through the castle and found an incredibly atmospheric area - The Abandoned Dungeon. Creepy as hell, and I'm scared to go in there lol. I think I found a back way in though after killing a mini-boss that may or may not make things easier. BTW that particular mini-boss (which was near the Ashina Resovoir) I think I was able to talk to him but I accidentally attacked him first so I missed what he says.

Quote:
I'm not trying to dampen your enjoyment of the game btw - no way. You may thrive on what drove me away and I really hope you get all that satisfaction through to the end
No worries man, its just a game! My life is so crazy right now between work and my kids, I'm just happy to be able to blow off some steam with a great game at night. I'm not taking anything too seriously. Just enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Does anyone have Sekiro randomly stick his left hand up in the middle of combat sometimes? I'm not sure what causes it, but it's gotten me hit several times.
Yeah I've seen that a few times. I was thinking he does that when he gets staggered, like he's defenseless for a moment. I remember always having to quickly jump away when it happened.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:35 AM   #133
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Random question - I just got the skill that lets you deflect in mid air. Have you every used it? Because I can't think of a situation I would (or even could) and I feel like I've wasted a point....
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:58 AM   #134
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

If this wasn’t made by from software no one would think it was good. It’s amazing how people praise some of the awful game design just because “LOL ITS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD” .. no, the game is frustratingly ****ing stupid 85% of the time.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 01:44 AM   #135
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Did you put a point in the Temple Arts skill tree? Ibelieve it's a martial art block from that. If not, no idea lol. I do see it too, but usually when I'm dodging.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 01:58 AM   #136
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Well I'm working my way through the castle and found an incredibly atmospheric area - The Abandoned Dungeon. Creepy as hell, and I'm scared to go in there lol. I think I found a back way in though after killing a mini-boss that may or may not make things easier. BTW that particular mini-boss (which was near the Ashina Resovoir) I think I was able to talk to him but I accidentally attacked him first so I missed what he says.

That area is barely a start to the atmosphere in the game. There are some later that are jaw dropping.

I'm not using spoiler tags here because this addresses something everyone really ought to know regarding game design.

I was googling how to use a certain item (still has me baffled) but found out that an entire map/set of bosses etc can be missed -- as in access removed - if a certain choice is made fairly early in the game. The only way to get to it after is through NG+

Sorry, but that just sucks. Problem is, a player won't even know about unless they make the correct not obvious at all choice.

If you want to know about it google Sekiro, Fountainhead Palace
Old Apr 3, 2019, 06:47 AM   #137
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
If this wasn’t made by from software no one would think it was good. It’s amazing how people praise some of the awful game design just because “LOL ITS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD” .. no, the game is frustratingly ****ing stupid 85% of the time.
I'm still having a difficult time addressing this fairly tbh.

Pro: Map design and atmosphere after the 50% point is just incredible. I have no problems calling it some of the best I've personally ever seen.

con: Artificial difficulty in the form of status effects whose consumables do next to nothing to stop it.

Pro: Some battles are over the top amazing while others are brutally stacked against the player, but still winnable with the right techniques.

con: Horrendously broken camera and certain hitboxes all but ensure the player will die at some point even though they do everything right.

Pro: Really tight, story driven single player experience.

con: Able to miss entire maps, large ones, multiple bosses etc, and never even know it.

I could add a few more, but I really need to avoid anything sploilerish. I decided to push on, and found that problems listed above are still present later in the game. I'm pretty far in now, maybe close to the final map with some optional bosses to clean up first and while I'm glad I got to see and enjoy the amazing artwork and atmosphere, I haven't been able to recapture that "feel good" sense of progression I enjoyed early on, and with Dark Souls and Nioh.

Guys like Meteor_Of_War who probably won't ever punch out their monitor will likely feel huge satisfaction. Me? I think I actually damaged my controller in my bare hands - it creaks and LS is sticking now

I can't say much more without specifically addressing fights/areas by name, so I'll wait a bit for that.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:30 AM   #138
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

No, I wont ever get so frustrated to punch out my monitor.

I still regularly play and beat retro Nintendo and Sega games, and I'm sure some of you guys remember how punishing those old games are. So I'm used to it I guess.

I think the game's fantastic, and don't really have any problems with it. The game design and difficulty are fine, IMO. But I'm not about to argue or try to defend the game. If people are truly not having fun just walk away from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Random question - I just got the skill that lets you deflect in mid air. Have you every used it? Because I can't think of a situation I would (or even could) and I feel like I've wasted a point....
There are certain enemies that have jump slash moves. Mid-air deflection can parry those, in mid air. I believe you can also deflect projectiles in mid air with this skill too.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:44 AM   #139
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
No, I wont ever get so frustrated to punch out my monitor.
You're not playing hard enough! Wish I had your patience lol.

How far are you? I need to be able to talk over levels with someone!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:57 AM   #140
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
You're not playing hard enough! Wish I had your patience lol.

How far are you? I need to be able to talk over levels with someone!
I'm back at the Ashina Castle area now. Last thing I did was killed a mini-boss in the exact spot where you start the game down in that well. I'm debating whether or not to clear out the castle, or go down and explore the dungeon first.

Honestly I only get about an hour a night to play. Not even enough time to get me mad.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:12 AM   #141
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I'm back at the Ashina Castle area now. Last thing I did was killed a mini-boss in the exact spot where you start the game down in that well. I'm debating whether or not to clear out the castle, or go down and explore the dungeon first.

Honestly I only get about an hour a night to play. Not even enough time to get me mad.
Ok I know exactly where you're at - you've got a lot of ground to cover which ever way you go. I have to give credit where due, FS didn't just outdo anything they've done with map design before, they've blown they're previous best right out of the water with this game.

That well is one of the areas I missed before, so you're off to a good start.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:38 AM   #142
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Ok I know exactly where you're at - you've got a lot of ground to cover which ever way you go. I have to give credit where due, FS didn't just outdo anything they've done with map design before, they've blown they're previous best right out of the water with this game.

That well is one of the areas I missed before, so you're off to a good start.
Yeah its kind of out of the way and easy to miss. You get a prayer bead and what I believe equates to this game's version of a titanite chunk from that mini-boss too.

I am pretty good at taking my time to explore as much of the areas as possible and finding all paths. I rarely miss anything in From Soft's games. I was actually stunned when I realized what that well was. I did not recognize the area until I was down in there. The day to night transition really made the difference, and it reminded me of the Darkroot garden area in Dark Souls, when you revisit it in the DLC.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:57 AM   #143
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah its kind of out of the way and easy to miss. You get a prayer bead and what I believe equates to this game's version of a titanite chunk from that mini-boss too.

I am pretty good at taking my time to explore as much of the areas as possible and finding all paths. I rarely miss anything in From Soft's games. I was actually stunned when I realized what that well was. I did not recognize the area until I was down in there. The day to night transition really made the difference, and it reminded me of the Darkroot garden area in Dark Souls, when you revisit it in the DLC.
I've had that feeling with a couple of areas as well as short cuts opening up. I was actually hunting for a different item when I found it. Had a bit of a time with that miniboss too lol. Nimble SoB
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:14 PM   #144
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I've had that feeling with a couple of areas as well as short cuts opening up. I was actually hunting for a different item when I found it. Had a bit of a time with that miniboss too lol. Nimble SoB
Pretty sure he's the same enemy type that guards the feather prosthetic in the Hirata Estate area. I had lots of practice from facing him there so in the well he wasn't so bad.

Honestly that's what I'm finding this game to be for the most part. Its all getting familiar with how to approach each enemy type. They all have their patterns and weaknesses. Once you learn them they're not too bad to handle. But I understand if you're having other issues like camera problems and repeatable glitches that makes things tougher and not as acceptable for players. I tend to just roll with those issues though, and find ways to adapt to them. One example so far was I did have the problem with losing lock-on in the Lady Butterfly fight, but when that would happen I taught myself to just run backwards and mash the lock on button until it found her again. I stayed calm, didn't lose my cool and it was manageable.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:31 PM   #145
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Nah, I'm done. I might revisit the game in a few months, maybe.

Short version:

Game world is amazing, best I've ever seen. But....

I've just died several more times due to nothing but target lock being lost and/or the camera going wonky.

For me, this is just too aggravating and annoying. Hard pass on the rest of the game for now.
If old man lazy8's, master of Dark Souls (at least compared to me) can't hack it, I would have zero chance.

Add a difficulty setting for people that want to play the game, but don't want to dedicate their lives to mastering it, From!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:34 PM   #146
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Pretty sure he's the same enemy type that guards the feather prosthetic in the Hirata Estate area. I had lots of practice from facing him there so in the well he wasn't so bad.

Honestly that's what I'm finding this game to be for the most part. Its all getting familiar with how to approach each enemy type. They all have their patterns and weaknesses. Once you learn them they're not too bad to handle. But I understand if you're having other issues like camera problems and repeatable glitches that makes things tougher and not as acceptable for players. I tend to just roll with those issues though, and find ways to adapt to them. One example so far was I did have the problem with losing lock-on in the Lady Butterfly fight, but when that would happen I taught myself to just run backwards and mash the lock on button until it found her again. I stayed calm, didn't lose my cool and it was manageable.
That's where you have a major advantage over me. I don't rage or throw things irl although I might mutter some choice words lol, but I'm actually being calmer in this game than I have with others if anything.

One thing I am doing that's helping a lot is using the repeatable glitches to my advantage - FS does give the player the ability to do that with the insane jump height and bloodborne type dodging in the game. Lack of a stamina bar is also a plus.

One thing I do have to admit: During some of the many long sword fights, that clashing of blades and music is just an epic combo, especially when the deflects/strikes are incoming fast. Love. It.

I'm glad I rethought my decision to quit playing - I just need that "feeling" back, that old Dark Souls in the zone for the first time feeling lol.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:36 PM   #147
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
If old man lazy8's, master of Dark Souls (at least compared to me) can't hack it, I would have zero chance.

Add a difficulty setting for people that want to play the game, but don't want to dedicate their lives to mastering it, From!
Hey meth - the game actually has a difficulty setting of sorts. Truth
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:39 PM   #148
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Hey meth - the game actually has a difficulty setting of sorts. Truth
O RLY?

how so?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:40 PM   #149
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

Lady butterfly is not a fight that really has lock-on issues. That’s besides the point that it’s still terribly designed, bad, awful .. I don’t know I need a thesaurus to find more words to describe how absolutely trash the camera is in this game.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:43 PM   #150
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
O RLY?

how so?
It is a spoiler below, but nothing that reveals anything that's really important.

It's fairly deep into the game called the demon bell. If you ring it, enemies become a fair bit harder. Play that for a bit (it really hurt ) and then cancel it and suddenly everything feels easy