Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 5, 2019, 01:59 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Hmm, so I was watching a bit of a let's play and realized I probably shouldn't have gone into Hirata Estate as soon as I acquired the Buddha bell thingie?

I mean there seems to be a lot of natural progression before the walkthrough guy (Fightincowboy) even goes into the Memory, which makes me think I was really "underleveled" for that area? I'm now at Lady Butterfly and wondering if I should even be attempting her before going further down the main progression line....
You can go to Hirata Estate early, but don't necessarily need to complete it just then. Its a side path after all and Lady Butterfly is definitely a tough boss for beginners. You can always go back there whenever you feel ready for it.

BUT, its worth going there as soon as you get that bell because you get a prosthetic tool there (the flame barrel) that helps a lot with the non-optional mini-boss in Ashina outskirts that's coming up right after the old lady red eyed ogre .

So what I recommend is get the bell, go to Hirata Estate for the prosthetic I mentioned, then head back to Ashina Outskirts. Not sure if you've already done this, but that's what I suggest.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2019, 03:05 PM   #182
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
That's a cheat, not a mod!
Yeah no doubt! The graphical options like FoV and rez support actually look good though, but I don't need them.

I got some breathing room - 2 more mini bosses down including one that's been causing me much grief, and a major boss down that unlocked some new (and very cool) game mechanics. What a p.i.t.a. this guy was though ...

So 6 necklaces, attack power at 6 with more resurrective power. I just might stand a chance now

I'm now aware of 5 more mini bosses and one major before hopefully moving on.

I'm glad I pressed on - that trick of keeping the fights off the walls is working and I have to admit - I am truly intimidated by a couple of these bad guys. That's what I call some well done bosses. I'm starting to take it personally
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2019, 03:17 PM   #183
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Yeah no doubt! The graphical options like FoV and rez support actually look good though, but I don't need them.

I got some breathing room - 2 more mini bosses down including one that's been causing me much grief, and a major boss down that unlocked some new (and very cool) game mechanics. What a p.i.t.a. this guy was though ...

So 6 necklaces, attack power at 6 with more resurrective power. I just might stand a chance now

I'm now aware of 5 more mini bosses and one major before hopefully moving on.

I'm glad I pressed on - that trick of keeping the fights off the walls is working and I have to admit - I am truly intimidated by a couple of these bad guys. That's what I call some well done bosses. I'm starting to take it personally
Glad you stuck with it. Sounds like you had a breakthrough in adjusting to the camera problems.

Much better than just sulking about it like so many are doing right now.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 5, 2019, 03:41 PM   #184
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Glad you stuck with it. Sounds like you had a breakthrough in adjusting to the camera problems.

Much better than just sulking about it like so many are doing right now.
Yeah it's not ideal, but it works That last major boss, I got caught in that wild camera swing at least twice and sure enough I was up against a wall. Jump/run what ever to get back in the open and it stops instantly, so if you do run into it at some point, maybe give that a shot.

This new mechanic just opened up a ton of revisiting areas to get to stuff I couldn't before - hopefully more prayer beads laying around
Old Apr 5, 2019, 03:46 PM   #185
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Sulking about it? Lol... alrighty
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2019, 04:05 PM   #186
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
This new mechanic just opened up a ton of revisiting areas to get to stuff I couldn't before - hopefully more prayer beads laying around
Ooh, please do not spoil, that sounds awesome!

Game has so many similarities to Zelda, right down to the ceramic shards.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 05:01 PM   #187
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Ooh, please do not spoil, that sounds awesome!

Game has so many similarities to Zelda, right down to the ceramic shards.
I've never played Zelda, but no spoilers. Sorry if I let anything slip earlier.

I just got another jerk dead, man some of these minis are just straight up tough but normal fights, some of the others could easily have been bosses.

But this last dropped another unique item that is ...nevermind - talk about it later

I found another miniboss, so I'm back to 5 minibosses, and one major (that is one heck of a good time but tough as heck) and running out of directions to go.

That major has to be between me and the path to the end game...maybe.

My hands are still shaking after that last encounter...
Old Apr 5, 2019, 05:15 PM   #188
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I've never played Zelda
That in itself sounds like insanity to me.

But just to explain a little, for starters Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is like the father of all 3rd person hack and slash action games. So many modern games can show influence from Zelda. But as far as straight similarities, most notably the character progression and vertical exploration is very much Zelda, as well as the fixed protagonist. But to me the biggest parallel is how you level up your character and progress in the game not by using XP like in most RPGs but rather by finding and upgrading equipment. I don't know, I'm sure someone else could explain better but I get such a Zelda feel with this one. I mean the prayer beads are heart pieces and the prayer necklaces are heart containers!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 05:50 PM   #189
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I feel like sekiro is dark souls mixed with tenchu and games like ninja gaiden/dmc.

The way you upgrade your character is basically the same as the way you do it in character action games.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2019, 07:12 PM   #190
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
That in itself sounds like insanity to me.

But just to explain a little, for starters Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is like the father of all 3rd person hack and slash action games. So many modern games can show influence from Zelda. But as far as straight similarities, most notably the character progression and vertical exploration is very much Zelda, as well as the fixed protagonist. But to me the biggest parallel is how you level up your character and progress in the game not by using XP like in most RPGs but rather by finding and upgrading equipment. I don't know, I'm sure someone else could explain better but I get such a Zelda feel with this one. I mean the prayer beads are heart pieces and the prayer necklaces are heart containers!
Ah now I'm going to have to buy a Nintendo console? Of course I just googled it, dang man
Old Apr 5, 2019, 07:13 PM   #191
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

What's the deal with the lightning reversal? It seemed like a pick up item but I guess its simply a pop up tutorial message? I read it quickly then closed the pop up and it doesn't repeat it anywhere in the menus. Seems like a skill but just a quick tutorial I guess?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 08:44 PM   #192
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
What's the deal with the lightning reversal? It seemed like a pick up item but I guess its simply a pop up tutorial message? I read it quickly then closed the pop up and it doesn't repeat it anywhere in the menus. Seems like a skill but just a quick tutorial I guess?
It's a technique. Basically jump - be in the air when lightening hits you and r1 before your feet hit the ground. No settings to change or anything to equip.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 09:32 PM   #193
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
It's a technique. Basically jump - be in the air when lightening hits you and r1 before your feet hit the ground. No settings to change or anything to equip.
Thanks. Honestly they should have a screen in the menu to log these kinds of things once learned to refer back to.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 06:24 AM   #194
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Thanks. Honestly they should have a screen in the menu to log these kinds of things once learned to refer back to.
That would be nice. I've been doing a ton of clean up before the next major boss, scouring for items, reading descriptions you name it, trying to figure out how to clear certain quest lines, find things NPCs mention etc. I have a lot of hours scrubbing and finally decided to go to the community to get help on a couple.

Certain "things" for lack of a better term, can't be cleared until NG+ if you make the wrong decision, choose the wrong item etc...but there's nothing to guide the player towards the "right" decision. Lots of it is simple chance.

So while it's intriguing, having the additional quest lines and all, it's really annoying in that, unlike Souls/Bloodborne, your desisions and what you know or do not know can drastically impact being able to do or complete certain things in this game. The couple of guides I read on areas I already cleared were written after the authors made the wrong move and sought guidance themselves.

I get that Fromsoft likes to keep things vague for the player to figure out, but it shouldn't be so vague that it can have a major impact on what you get to play or not like I mentioned a few posts ago...

Other than that lol, got the worst mini boss I've run into yet down and..it really should have been a major boss lol. 15 attempts or so, brutal. One more mini to go before I move on, and I'm a little intimidated by it too
Old Apr 6, 2019, 08:14 AM   #195
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
That would be nice. I've been doing a ton of clean up before the next major boss, scouring for items, reading descriptions you name it, trying to figure out how to clear certain quest lines, find things NPCs mention etc. I have a lot of hours scrubbing and finally decided to go to the community to get help on a couple.

Certain "things" for lack of a better term, can't be cleared until NG+ if you make the wrong decision, choose the wrong item etc...but there's nothing to guide the player towards the "right" decision. Lots of it is simple chance.

So while it's intriguing, having the additional quest lines and all, it's really annoying in that, unlike Souls/Bloodborne, your desisions and what you know or do not know can drastically impact being able to do or complete certain things in this game. The couple of guides I read on areas I already cleared were written after the authors made the wrong move and sought guidance themselves.

I get that Fromsoft likes to keep things vague for the player to figure out, but it shouldn't be so vague that it can have a major impact on what you get to play or not like I mentioned a few posts ago...

Other than that lol, got the worst mini boss I've run into yet down and..it really should have been a major boss lol. 15 attempts or so, brutal. One more mini to go before I move on, and I'm a little intimidated by it too
But hasn't that kind of vague design been a staple of almost all FS games? I can think of lots of areas, equipment, and NPCs that could be easily missed in their other games too. Unless you mean something different. As long as it's mainly side stuff and the main path to complete the game is always clear i don't mind it.

They've always encouraged community engagement to figure things out, much like gaming in the 80's/90's and I think that's cool. Leads to lots of replayability too.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 09:08 AM   #196
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
But hasn't that kind of vague design been a staple of almost all FS games? I can think of lots of areas, equipment, and NPCs that could be easily missed in their other games too. Unless you mean something different. As long as it's mainly side stuff and the main path to complete the game is always clear i don't mind it.

They've always encouraged community engagement to figure things out, much like gaming in the 80's/90's and I think that's cool. Leads to lots of replayability too.
Yep, that's been a staple sure. The wrong choice never cost you an entire area though. I put that in tags, but it's more an important FYI than a spoiler. I posted about it earlier too. In short, a certain wrong decision in this game is extremely costly to the player.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:44 AM   #197
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Yep, that's been a staple sure. The wrong choice never cost you an entire area though. I put that in tags, but it's more an important FYI than a spoiler. I posted about it earlier too. In short, a certain wrong decision in this game is extremely costly to the player.
Yeah OK, i agree. If at some point a decision the player makes can permanently and unknowingly lose out on an entire area that's kind of lousy. There should at least be some kind of warning to the player.

But again, to look on the brightside I always like it when games have more to go back and discover in successive playthroughs, which no doubt both of us will be doing.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 03:29 PM   #198
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I am terrible at this game
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2019, 03:36 PM   #199
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah OK, i agree. If at some point a decision the player makes can permanently and unknowingly lose out on an entire area that's kind of lousy. There should at least be some kind of warning to the player.

But again, to look on the brightside I always like it when games have more to go back and discover in successive playthroughs, which no doubt both of us will be doing.
Yeah I'll be back through this lol. It's one of those games that no matter how much I explore I feel like I'm always missing something. And I have found quite a bit I missed.

I'm at a go-no go boss now and ugh...I wreck it first phase, no hits no healing, then it returns the favor second phase. Can't for the life of me get around this things attacks lol.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 03:37 PM   #200
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I am terrible at this game
You are not alone
Old Apr 6, 2019, 03:46 PM   #201
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I just beat Ashina Genechiro. Was a fun and fair boss fight, wasn't counting but I'd say took about 10 attempts. After the first 5 or so I could reliably get to the 2nd phase, then was just a matter of being able to go the distance. I was trying to do the lightning reversal, but man its just awfully finicky. Would work sometimes but not reliably.

Anyways I quit out right after so will need to see later where the story takes me next. cool stuff.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 05:59 PM   #202
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I'm in the end game now for sure.

Last boss before end game sequence begins 10/10

Beginning area end game Fromsoft/what is wrong with you?

I need to get good real quick here lol.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 06:02 PM   #203
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I just beat Ashina Genechiro. Was a fun and fair boss fight, wasn't counting but I'd say took about 10 attempts. After the first 5 or so I could reliably get to the 2nd phase, then was just a matter of being able to go the distance. I was trying to do the lightning reversal, but man its just awfully finicky. Would work sometimes but not reliably.

Anyways I quit out right after so will need to see later where the story takes me next. cool stuff.
That's where my really brutal camera issues acted up the most. If you didn't see them you're probably all set. I had major trouble with that last boss as well. I'm half tempted to cough up $$ for another controller just to see if that's the issue, wonky gyro or something.

Meh, still progressing - got my 7th vit/pos upgrade and still feel like a noob lol.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 06:29 PM   #204
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
That's where my really brutal camera issues acted up the most. If you didn't see them you're probably all set. I had major trouble with that last boss as well. I'm half tempted to cough up $$ for another controller just to see if that's the issue, wonky gyro or something.

Meh, still progressing - got my 7th vit/pos upgrade and still feel like a noob lol.
Haha just imagine when we decide to go for no prayer necklace runs.

And no, I did not have any camera issues whatsoever on that boss fight, even when fighting on the sides of the room. Must say though i was thinking about it and would preemptively work my way back towards middle of the room, just in case.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 06:46 PM   #205
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Haha just imagine when we decide to go for no prayer necklace runs.

And no, I did not have any camera issues whatsoever on that boss fight, even when fighting on the sides of the room. Must say though i was thinking about it and would preemptively work my way back towards middle of the room, just in case.
No necklace runs? Not me buddy lol. The game just got hard core, I need all the help I can get
Old Apr 6, 2019, 06:55 PM   #206
ozzy1
User

ozzy1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Don't want to miss any areas, not sure I can go through this game again lol.
Would you mind spoiler tagging the part you're talking about?
Thank you.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 09:16 PM   #207
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy1 View Post
Don't want to miss any areas, not sure I can go through this game again lol.
Would you mind spoiler tagging the part you're talking about?
Thank you.
Link and description below.

http://www.powerpyx.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-all-prayer-bead-locations/

Quote:
The Fountainhead Palace is a missable area! If you got the two Prayer Beads in Hirata Estate you already did everything correctly and the story will bring you here automatically.
You must stay Loyal to Kuro. After defeating the Corrupted Monk in Ashina Depths and the Guardian Ape in Sunken Valley, backtrack to Kuro’s Room in Ashina Castle (must go there through Abandoned Dungeon). When talking to Owl on the rooftop of Ashina Castle, pick the 2nd dialogue option “Break the Iron Code, Stay Loyal to Kuro”. If you pick the 1st dialogue it will end the game right there and you’d never reach Fountainhead Palace. You must then talk to Kuro in his room several times to exhaust all dialogues. Fast travel to the Wedding Cave Door idol in Ashina Depths and enter the tent in the cave there. It will transport you to the Fountainhead Palace. On your way to the Purification Ending you’ll come here automatically.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 09:34 PM   #208
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I think when i get to that "decision" point I'm going to make a save game back up so i can try both storyline paths. I hear there's unique content with both choices.

Currently just got a new upgrade i wasn't aware was in the game. An additional resurrection? Not sure as I haven't died yet but in dialogue with Kuro a gave him the sakura droplet and got another circle above my health bar. So now shadows die thrice?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:41 PM   #209
ozzy1
User

ozzy1 is still being judged by the masses

Thanks guys appreciate it.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 01:43 AM   #210
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

strategy guide releasing for this puppy on 4.15
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote