Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 7, 2019, 04:48 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

What is the point of a strategy guide, aren't those wiki sites that has both text guides and video clips a much better option?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2019, 06:12 AM   #212
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I think when i get to that "decision" point I'm going to make a save game back up so i can try both storyline paths. I hear there's unique content with both choices.

Currently just got a new upgrade i wasn't aware was in the game. An additional resurrection? Not sure as I haven't died yet but in dialogue with Kuro a gave him the sakura droplet and got another circle above my health bar. So now shadows die thrice?
It's not always usable. I don't have it completely figured out yet, but it works on the same principle as the 1st res. node. When you die you see that black slash through the nodes and killing multiple enemies refills the node for you, or getting enough damage in on a boss (super difficult) but it seems when the first node is down the 2nd goes down as well, unless you have enough resurrective power. Fortunately resurrective power can be farmed using a balloon and certain enemies drop it frequently.

So..in short, Fromsoftware = no free passes
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2019, 06:15 AM   #213
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
strategy guide releasing for this puppy on 4.15
I don't know that I would use it on a new Fromsoftware game. Second play through maybe, but I won't even search for tips online unless I get hard core stuck - which I have been in this one Their games are usually too much fun to figure out without the hand holding.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:01 AM   #214
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

For the nubs.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:22 AM   #215
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Did I do things in the wrong order or are you really meant to fight a certain big hairy guardian that many times in a row?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:24 PM   #216
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

question: is the sense of discovery and of the world disclosing before your eyes as enticing in this game as it is in DS3? If so, then I may just have to buy it
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:34 PM   #217
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Did I do things in the wrong order or are you really meant to fight a certain big hairy guardian that many times in a row?
The payoff is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
question: is the sense of discovery and of the world disclosing before your eyes as enticing in this game as it is in DS3? If so, then I may just have to buy it
Yes it is, very much so. Before you spend the $$ though: The world is incredible, much deeper than any of the souls games. The rewards for learning the mechanics (Very steep learning curve compared to others) aren't what you would hope for

The satisfaction is enormous, but ..well, I can only speak for myself - getting past certain bosses can be painful, and the bosses just get harder as you progress, but you don't have the same type of leveling to keep up with them. Your "leveling" is probably 25% vitality/posture/attack power while the skills you learn really need to make up for the rest.

Love the game, absolutely love it, but man it's rough sometimes
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:49 PM   #218
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
The world is incredible, much deeper than any of the souls games.
I don't even imagine how this can be possible!
As someone who got to the Grand Archives in DS3 without even parrying ONCE, do you think I can manage Sekiro?
(plus, I suck at using the right equipment )
Old Apr 7, 2019, 02:27 PM   #219
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
As someone who got to the Grand Archives in DS3 without even parrying ONCE, do you think I can manage Sekiro?
I think you would find that the deflects in the game are not super hard to learn, but it's also nothing like Souls combat. Actually that old Souls muscle memory got me killed a lot early on. Plus you get very little protection from dodging. It really is a whole new combat system.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 02:52 PM   #220
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Haha I just fought that thing for the first time. I honestly don't really know if I'm in the right place at the moment either. During the Guardian Ape fight I just kept circling around him and using the trees while getting some chip damage in here and there. I had a good strategy going on and beat him but low and behold, he has a second phase. Think I'll try again later lol.

Quote:
Yeah, the only real weapon in this game is your katana. Everything else is sub-weapons.

On parrying, the game's combat is based around parrying yes, but its much easier to parry in this game than in Souls. Its basically the same idea, but I think they just refined the gameplay in a way that the timing and enemy tells for deflections (parrying) are easier to get a hold of. Plus, you're just doing it all the time in this game so you get adjusted pretty quickly.

IMO, if you think there's a chance you'll get too frustrated with the difficulty and feel you wasted your money, just hold off until its cheaper. Its an amazing game though, well worth the experience.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2019, 04:42 PM   #221
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

so tempted...
Old Apr 7, 2019, 05:21 PM   #222
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I just made it to the games last area that I posted about in spoiler tags earlier.

I am so glad I bought this game, and Nunz buddy - if possible try to find a work around for the camera issues. Staying away from walls isn't ideal, but it's working for the most part - still getting camera related deaths, but man it's so worth it.

Incredible.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 05:25 PM   #223
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

jesus christ this is brutal, no lie it took 20+ attempts at the first general that dropps the very first beads.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2019, 05:49 PM   #224
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
jesus christ this is brutal,...
Old Apr 7, 2019, 05:52 PM   #225
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
jesus christ this is brutal, no lie it took 20+ attempts at the first general that dropps the very first beads.
You're really good at Dark Souls, really good..so your Souls habits probably carried over. Forget everything you learned in Souls. Everything. Go see hanbei at the temple where the sculptor is. Death free practice all you want. just forget Souls lol.

Souls and Nioh muscle memory got me killed early in the game so damn much...
Old Apr 7, 2019, 05:56 PM   #226
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Haha I just fought that thing for the first time. I honestly don't really know if I'm in the right place at the moment either. During the Guardian Ape fight I just kept circling around him and using the trees while getting some chip damage in here and there. I had a good strategy going on and beat him but low and behold, he has a second phase. Think I'll try again later lol.

Important tip below, really important.
After you beat the ape, do NOT pick the lotus in the cave. That launches end game events in Ashina, and things change. You made it to the ape fast, so I'll bet I could list enemies and areas you haven't even gotten to yet. Let me know if you want some hints, or just explore away.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 06:42 PM   #227
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
After you beat the ape, do NOT pick the lotus in the cave. That launches end game events in Ashina, and things change. You made it to the ape fast, so I'll bet I could list enemies and areas you haven't even gotten to yet. Let me know if you want some hints, or just explore away.
Thanks for the tip.

There are definitely a handful of other paths I know of that I've yet to really explore. Let me see if I can list then from memory:

1) I briefly checked out the Ashina Depths but decided to leave that for later.

2) There's another path in Senpou Temple area I need to check out. I think it leads across to the other side from where the demon bell is.

3) I found where the snake is in the cave but decided to leave that for later. But maybe that's the next area I'm supposed to do?

Currently after beating Ashina Genichiro I've headed through the Abandoned Dungeon to Senpou and now I'm fighting some crazy apes lol. I feel like the Guardian Ape is totally beatable right now so I'm going to go for it.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 06:59 PM   #228
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Thanks for the tip.

There are definitely a handful of other paths I know of that I've yet to really explore. Let me see if I can list then from memory:

1) I briefly checked out the Ashina Depths but decided to leave that for later.

2) There's another path in Senpou Temple area I need to check out. I think it leads across to the other side from where the demon bell is.

3) I found where the snake is in the cave but decided to leave that for later. But maybe that's the next area I'm supposed to do?

Currently after beating Ashina Genichiro I've headed through the Abandoned Dungeon to Senpou and now I'm fighting some crazy apes lol. I feel like the Guardian Ape is totally beatable right now so I'm going to go for it.
Good start as those areas lead to others - I don't really want to spoil anything other than that tip, maybe when you have done everything you can possibly find then look up a map, there are several good ones already and helped me to find areas I completely missed.

FYI you might still be able to get to those after that spoiler tip I posted, but I didn't want to chance it, and I was right to do that. Easier this way...
Old Apr 7, 2019, 07:10 PM   #229
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
You're really good at Dark Souls, really good..so your Souls habits probably carried over. Forget everything you learned in Souls. Everything. Go see hanbei at the temple where the sculptor is. Death free practice all you want. just forget Souls lol.

Souls and Nioh muscle memory got me killed early in the game so damn much...
Yeah those souls habits die hard. When I beat that general I managed to get hit only once, even though it was really hard not treat it like a souls boss "Oh that red symbol is not a blockable attack. I should jump" *presses dodge* AHHHH!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 07:11 PM   #230
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

I know what to do, but my fingers disagree with me
Old Apr 7, 2019, 07:19 PM   #231
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah those souls habits die hard. When I beat that general I managed to get hit only once, even though it was really hard not treat it like a souls boss "Oh that red symbol is not a blockable attack. I should jump" *presses dodge* AHHHH!
This guy I'm trying to get past right now is using that all over my sorry arse lol.

Really fast and really strong...dang man
Old Apr 7, 2019, 07:33 PM   #232
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Good start as those areas lead to others - I don't really want to spoil anything other than that tip, maybe when you have done everything you can possibly find then look up a map, there are several good ones already and helped me to find areas I completely missed.

FYI you might still be able to get to those after that spoiler tip I posted, but I didn't want to chance it, and I was right to do that. Easier this way...
Yeah don't spoil it for me, I'm having fun exploring and discovering areas. You only get to play these games for the first time only once.

What i have been doing is after I make some progress I'll go and watch Lobosjr and ENB play through the area i just did to see what i missed. That's the limits of location spoilers I'll allow myself. I don't really care too much about boss spoilers, since there's nothing like facing them yourself.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 07:41 PM   #233
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
This guy I'm trying to get past right now is using that all over my sorry arse lol.

Really fast and really strong...dang man
Got this guy..tough one.

Stepped through a door to the next area, wow..just beautiful, stunning - SO glad I got this game

Quote:
Yeah don't spoil it for me, I'm having fun exploring and discovering areas. You only get to play these games for the first time only once.

What i have been doing is after I make some progress I'll go and watch Lobosjr and ENB play through the area i just did to see what i missed. That's the limits of location spoilers I'll allow myself. I don't really care too much about boss spoilers, since there's nothing like facing them yourself.
Oh so true - This game is making me wish I had that $15k set up you read about people gaming on. Just gorgeous, and the bit I just posted above, I just did not expect to see that.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 09:08 PM   #234
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Nothing more to add for today on my progress but would just like to bask in the glory that is the fact there's no stamina bar in this game. Oh how it feels so freeing.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:05 PM   #235
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've beaten all the Soulsborne games and I have to say this is my least favorite. I'm still enjoying it, but there are just too many gameplay design choices I'm not a fan of. I also see absolutely no reason why the mp they used in their other games wouldn't have worked in this game.

I've had several friends who enjoyed and beat Dark Souls 3, who have traded this game in before finishing it.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:20 PM   #236
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
I've beaten all the Soulsborne games and I have to say this is my least favorite. I'm still enjoying it, but there are just too many gameplay design choices I'm not a fan of. I also see absolutely no reason why the mp they used in their other games wouldn't have worked in this game.

I've had several friends who enjoyed and beat Dark Souls 3, who have traded this game in before finishing it.
This is hands down my new favorite FS game. The combat and verticality of exploration is just so much better that I almost feel like it would be hard to go back to the older games now. That said, the current FS game I'm playing is always my favorite. I'll have to reserve judgment until after I finish it.

As for MP, the thing that made it work in the other games was all the varied character builds you could have which made encounters interesting. Also, lore-wise MP in Sekiro (PvP or co-op) just wouldn't make any sense. I suppose they could have made up some reason for it, but with the fixed protagonist in this game it would just seem silly IMO.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 06:07 AM   #237
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post

It's not my least favorite, but as much as I love certain aspects of the game, I'm really turned off by others.

On the difficulty aspect, yes, it's satisfying to get wins here, but it's not what makes me enjoy a game. I agree with you on the MP. Nioh style MP would have been absolutely perfect here. It would still be a tough game, players would still get gutted more often than not probably, but it would have been just fun. Boss runs get super tedious by the 7th or 8th time lol.

All that said, I'm still glad I dove into this. I'm in that last, very missable area and quite frankly, if I had beaten the game and then found out what I missed afterwards I would have been fairly upset. There's a lot of content here and some awesome gameplay.

So yeah, loving it, but not happy with all their decisions at all. I'll post more on it later. I think I only have 3 bosses left to complete the game, that I know of anyway...
Old Apr 8, 2019, 07:54 AM   #238
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The combat is pretty good, but it's literally good for one style of combat. Dark Souls and even Bloodborne had way more variety in that you could tailor the combat to your play style. I think the verticality is being overstated too, because the maps in the other games were far from flat. You didn't have a grappling hook, but there were plenty of other ladders, stairs and inclines.

Then you have the spirit emblem system, which is just bad. They didn't learn their lesson from Bloodborne, people didn't want to needlessly grind for ammo. In this game spirit emblems are far more important than ammo was in Bloodborne, so it's even worse.

Add in the lack of MP and I think this is a good game, but it isn't on the level as Souls or Bloodborne.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 09:49 AM   #239
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I understand both your points, but I don't think they are objective criticisms. I think a lot of people are going to prefer the changes, since the game has been getting a lot of praise overall. But of course a lot of people will also be disappointed with the changes, because that's the nature of gamers.

I just see it as a different type of FS game, and I think its great they didn't want to just keep remaking the exact same type of game. I'm really enjoying the fresh new spin on the old formulas, and especially I think I prefer the set character and removal of the more RPG elements from Souls for a more refined and focused game. I think they will just never be able to make a game like this without people comparing it to their other games, unless they made something totally different or genre breaking. So yeah, as games Souls/bourne are probably objectively better overall since they are more robust, and Sekiro is tighter and more refined but limited. Unfortunately it will not be able to escape the comparison and will be knocked down because of it.

I'm OK with the easily missable areas since I know I will be replaying this game to explore everything I missed. However it would be nice if somewhere there are hints for the player to what they could miss.

The combat in past FS games was certainly more freeform in that you could tailor your build in so many different ways to get your preferred playstyle, and was great for replayabilty too. That's definitely not the case here and understandably people will be disappointed. But on the other hand, I think this allows FS to design a more refined combat system since they can put all their development focus on a specific character build. The results speak for themselves, the combat in this game is head and shoulders above their past games and to me that's what its all about. My favorite thing to do is Souls games is to parry everything, and this game feels like it was made for me.

As for spirit emblems, I haven't yet found it to be an annoyance but admittedly I am not a huge user of the prosthetic tools, yet anyway. So I'm hardly ever running out of them, and when I do run out seems they are plentiful enough either in enemy drops or just found in the environment. But I don't think you could make those prosthetic tool uses infinite, would just destroy gameplay balance especially when upgraded.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:15 AM   #240
Mangler
PC

Quote:
I think that change happens after you collect all three items, for me **** went down after I got the quest item from a certain underground village.