Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 12, 2021, 06:08 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Wouldn't drones and smaller unmanned vehicles make more sense than tanks and airplanes when you take the backstory into consideration?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2021, 01:01 PM   #212
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Gameplay Trailer

[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2021, 01:23 PM   #213
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Oh I love it. I know it will be riddled with bugs but that’s ok.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 13, 2021, 01:25 PM   #214
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks like tanks are indeed going to be called in via a points system. That is going to be a pretty crazy change and I'm really happy they decided to get rid of that crappy spawn screen-deployment system.

I'm also seeing a metric shitton of vehicles in that trailer... transports, tanks, and aircraft all over the place. I wonder how much of that is staged to make the game seem more grand than it actually is, and how much of it is indicative of what we'll be seeing in an average match? Either way, I'm loving the scale and the chaos.

The infantry stuff looks awesome as well. The ripped-from-Crysis on-the-fly weapon customization is going to be a real game changer, and I'm loving the BF2 Special Forces-esque grappling hooks and ziplines (only truly oldschool BF vets will get that reference) as well as the wingsuits, which look to be a fantastic alternative to plain old parachutes.

I can't say I'm a fan of the Cyberpunk-ish neon HUD, though. It seems strangely out of place and even distracting. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily hate it, but it just doesn't really fit anything else I'm seeing on the screen. I mean, this is still a pretty generic "modern war" setting. It isn't like we've gone hundreds of years into the future.

Overall I'm quite impressed with what we're seeing here. This is the first time DICE seems to have taken Battlefield to the "next level" since the Frostbite engine brought us destructible environments. 128-players and massive levels should've happened 5+ years ago if you ask me (thanks, consoles!), but I'm just happy that vision is finally becoming a reality and I can't wait to play this game.

Last edited by Chubz : Jun 13, 2021 at 01:31 PM.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2021, 01:27 PM   #215
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Oh I love it. I know it will be riddled with bugs but that’s ok.
Yeah, it's expected. It'll crash often and the FPS will be low as well.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2021, 01:42 PM   #216
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The trailers have definitely looked better than the garbage from BF1 and BFV. I'm becoming more interested..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2021, 04:54 PM   #217
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The gameplay footage did nothing for me.

Will have to try it I guess.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2021, 04:54 PM   #218
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Gameplay looks hot. Cars crushed by tanks. Attachment change on the fly looks cool. It appears as though enemies and friendlies are dots but if you hover over them you get their class icon. Sort of addresses the issue with not knowing who to kill first.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2021, 08:05 PM   #219
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Different game... but i feel the audio describes the current BF2042 trailers well...

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 06:18 AM   #220
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 06:25 AM   #221
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Not a god damn PC gamer has learnt from this preorder trap! No one!!!

That said, I can’t wait to preorder.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:21 AM   #222
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Not a god damn PC gamer has learnt from this preorder trap! No one!!!

That said, I can’t wait to preorder.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 06:06 PM   #223
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Here are a couple of red flags already for me.

Quote:
Class type will no longer restrict what weapons, equipment or throwable you can equip, offering you more flexibility than ever before in the series when it comes to Loadouts
So what is the point of classes anymore? Looks like you can Falck (support) and equip a healing/revive gun and also equip a rocket launcher. The class system has basically been removed and I don't even get the point of having class icons.

Quote:
Multiplayer – AI soldiers are used for server-filling capabilities, ensuring your matches remain full, no matter your location.
So this one is going to be annoying. Imagine playing a pretty full game and coming across AI every now and again. I don't think people will like this change if the game has 90 real players and 38 AI. Maybe it will only fill up to a certain extent. 128 players is not very practical for a lot of smaller regions around the world, which is why they're doing AI.

Quote:
Also new to Battlefield 2042 is the vehicle call-in system, which allows you to airdrop vehicles to wherever you are on the map, instead of spawning into them. This system will allow you more freedom than ever before when it comes to navigating Battlefield’s massive spaces and terrain in search of a tactical advantage. We’re also going back to Battlefield’s roots where you once again can find vehicles on the battlefield, instead of activating them from the deploy screen.
This is good news though. Vehicles can be called in AND they are found on the battlefield. I thought there were a few transport vehicles in typical spawn spots in the gameplay trailer but it was hard to tell.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefiel...23776397125#M1
Old Jun 15, 2021, 06:35 PM   #224
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Here are a couple of red flags already for me.

So what is the point of classes anymore? Looks like you can Falck (support) and equip a healing/revive gun and also equip a rocket launcher. The class system has basically been removed and I don't even get the point of having class icons.
i thought i heard jackfrags say it was only for primary weapons. classes still have their own gadgets
eNforcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:23 PM   #225
Megaman
Packing heat!

If anyone can be arsed for this, you can hear from the devs about the new stuff in 2042

Old Jun 18, 2021, 11:54 PM   #226
Megaman
Packing heat!

The BF4 servers are jamming these days. Seeing many new servers and all the 64 player servers have queues up to the maximum of 20 players.

Everyone trying to get their BF 2042 fix in.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 02:30 PM   #227
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yeah the devs added servers lol

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2021, 06:47 PM   #228
Megaman
Packing heat!

Tom Henderson, you know, the guy who leaked the napkin drawings, claims that the EA website mentions a "redacted" game experience:

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield.../game-overview

and there is a possibility that there will be remastered maps/weapons/vehicles from old BF titles.

It's called the Battlefield Hub which can be a seperate download but still requires the base game.

Explained here:

Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:34 PM   #229
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
and there is a possibility that there will be remastered maps/weapons/vehicles from old BF titles.

It's called the Battlefield Hub which can be a seperate download but still requires the base game.

Explained here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyiEucNCrEw
The way it's described in the video sounds idiotic and nonsensical as hell. It seems like a complete waste of time and resources to me--yes, even if DICE LA are the ones handling it.

Here's hoping it's all just a bunch of bologna and that DICE has something much better in store for us on July 22.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 01:45 PM   #230
Evileh

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Need titan mode *crosses fingers*

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Old Jun 23, 2021, 05:09 PM   #231
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

I think a battlefield hub would really cannibalize their own game. Could be a silly decision.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 05:14 PM   #232
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
that would be sweet. 2142 was pretty awesome, shame it never really caught on.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2021, 05:15 PM   #233
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
that would be sweet. 2142 was pretty awesome, shame it never really caught on.
Def was one of my fav bf's

Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:45 PM   #234
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Titan mode more like garbage mode

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:51 AM   #235
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Seems like DOA just like every Battlefield release since 1942.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2021, 03:16 AM   #236
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Seems like DOA just like every Battlefield release since 1942.
Bleh, Bad Company 2 was teh shiz.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 04:22 PM   #237
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Up to 64 bots in a server, can't be disabled. Well at least my KDR will go up.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 09:20 PM   #238
azalea
Radeon R520

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
No way. They put the Meh in Mech.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:23 AM   #239
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Up to 64 bots in a server, can't be disabled. Well at least my KDR will go up.

Bots cant be disabled? This is a terrible mistake.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2021, 01:33 AM   #240
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

That's a weird decision.