Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:15 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I'll believe it when I actually see it myself on production units in our hands. Simple as that.

If they do it, then that's great. It's not like it can be a bad thing...

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 09:06 AM   #272
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Observer System Redux next-gen graphics comparison:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:09 AM   #273
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

No idea what that game is, but give me a Resident Evil with those visuals.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:25 AM   #274
MyTMouse
Banned

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I'll believe it when I actually see it myself on production units in our hands. Simple as that.

If they do it, then that's great. It's not like it can be a bad thing...
I get it.

True, it can't be a bad thing...if anything this is great for "PC Master Race" folk as having much more capable consoles makes for better PC games too if people can stomach the (probably) insanely priced top-of-the-line hardware that'll be coming out for PC over the next 6 months or so
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2020, 09:04 AM   #275
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:30 PM   #276
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So 2 games is a good start. What else?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:13 PM   #277
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Seems like Demon's Souls may be a launch title. That one is enough for me
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:33 PM   #278
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Spent a couple of days on that shot...
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:29 AM   #279
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
Spent a couple of days on that shot...
So you are saying it is bullshot?
Old Aug 21, 2020, 01:16 AM   #280
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So you are saying it is bullshot?
I'm sure the game will look great, but the first one did have some Bullshots as well.

Puddles is all I'm going to say.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 09:33 PM   #281
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Sony opens registration for invite-only PlayStation 5 preorders
https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/26/2...se-accessories

Quote:
Sony has announced the latest step in its dragged out PlayStation 5 reveal, with the company opening online registration to possibly receive an invitation to be one of the first to pre-order the console directly from PlayStation.

According to Sony’s announcement, there will be a “limited quantity of PS5 consoles available for pre-order” this holiday season; the invitation program is a chance for existing PlayStation customers to get their shot at being able to order the upcoming console.
Linky:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ca...ct-pre-orders/
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2020, 09:42 AM   #282
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

You tried the link? Tried registering and got no confirmation, just a black “return to PlayStation” bar.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2020, 10:01 AM   #283
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Pre-orders with no price announcement?

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2020, 11:04 AM   #284
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
You tried the link? Tried registering and got no confirmation, just a black “return to PlayStation” bar.
I did. It asked for my PSN username, hit confirm and done. It's probably being spammed like crazy though.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:16 PM   #285
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Tried again and got the “thank you. Return to PlayStation” message. That seem right?

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:26 PM   #286
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Tried again and got the “thank you. Return to PlayStation” message. That seem right?
Yes, that's what I got too. I'm not really expecting to be notified, but it would be nice.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:38 PM   #287
SirBaron

a pre-order lottery doesn't instill great confidence that this console will be in stock in many places

However I think it's a marketing trick "limited stock" " low production" that's why the price is 599, oh wait xbox is now 499, well luckily that limited production just improved, the chinese are working harder, we're also 499!

My evidence is my pulled from my ass, also they said they were making 5 million consoles, which got bumped to 10 million consoles for Holiday season.

10 million is limited?

I think it's a ploy to give themselves cover for whoever reveals the ridiculous price first.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:48 PM   #288
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
a pre-order lottery doesn't instill great confidence that this console will be in stock in many places

However I think it's a marketing trick "limited stock" " low production" that's why the price is 599, oh wait xbox is now 499, well luckily that limited production just improved, the chinese are working harder, we're also 499!

My evidence is my pulled from my ass, also they said they were making 5 million consoles, which got bumped to 10 million consoles for Holiday season.

10 million is limited?

I think it's a ploy to give themselves cover for whoever reveals the ridiculous price first.
I still want one.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:51 PM   #289
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I still want one.
I for sure will be buying both on day 1.

I really hope Sony doesn't be a bitch, and actually upgrades some of their first party titles. PS5 Enhanced.

GOW, Uncharted 4, Ghosts of Sushi etc all 4K naitive 60fps modes please.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 01:31 PM   #290
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I for sure will be buying both on day 1.

I really hope Sony doesn't be a bitch, and actually upgrades some of their first party titles. PS5 Enhanced.

GOW, Uncharted 4, Ghosts of Sushi etc all 4K naitive 60fps modes please.
That would be really nice, but isn't that on the devs? Or can Sony require certain titles to be upgraded?
Old Aug 27, 2020, 01:39 PM   #291
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
That would be really nice, but isn't that on the devs? Or can Sony require certain titles to be upgraded?
It's upto the devs for sure, but I'm sure Sony could throw a bit of cash their way. First party and all that.

However It's sony so for sure it wont happen, but one can hope.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 01:41 PM   #292
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
It's upto the devs for sure, but I'm sure Sony could throw a bit of cash their way. First party and all that.

However It's sony so for sure it wont happen, but one can hope.
On the plus side quite a few ps4 pro titles already look amazing, and I'm hoping for an OLED around the time the PS5 releases, so I'm in for a real treat either way.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 01:43 PM   #293
SirBaron

Oh it will, OLED makes the game so much nicer looking, once you go true black, you'll never go back.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 02:37 PM   #294
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oh it will, OLED makes the game so much nicer looking, once you go true black, you'll never go back.
I'm arous....er....excited
Old Aug 27, 2020, 02:51 PM   #295
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I really like the look of the new Ratchet & Clank.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2020, 03:58 PM   #296
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I really like the look of the new Ratchet & Clank.
It will get much better as we get closer to shipping
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2020, 05:14 PM   #297
Cyko
Your New Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
It will get much better as we get closer to shipping
I can help beta test if you’d like. I’m great at blo...testing “things” *winky winky*

Alpha

Omega

Old Aug 28, 2020, 08:43 AM   #298
MyTMouse
Banned

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

That is pure scumbag marketing IMO. I really do despise the company that Sony is.

They want to create a false sense that supplies are limited to drive initial sales which they will then market again as "hey!, look at our awesome sales"

Companies that use tactics like this I tell to suck a huge male apendage.

I wish everyone would not fall for this garbage but we live in a generation where everybody has to be first so they can make their social media vids/pics.

I won't be giving Sony a dime of my money. I'll miss out on a handful of good exclusives but I have so many game to play that I don't care
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2020, 10:21 AM   #299
SirBaron

Ratchet and Clank has a non 4K but 60FPS mode, imagine some inbetween resolution like 1440p but upscaled.

Either way I'll be going with the 60fps mode, now if only Java Cool Dude could tell the rest of the developers in the world to offer both options, I'd be much happier.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 10:48 AM   #300
KAC

Really getting concerned about PS5 not managing 4K60 on launch titles. AMD garbage should have been thrown out with this gen of consoles.