Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Sep 6, 2020, 03:28 AM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Let me see if I understand correctly: A $500 dedicated graphics card will outperform consoles that cost ~$500? Amazing.

Its amazing to me that now people are calling $500 for a GPU "entry level". I remember when entry level was $100, and enthusiast was $500. Graphics cards have gotten really expensive.
I cant remember the last time I bought a GPU new, they've all been second hand as the price has been ridiculous for years! maybe I might only game on the PS5 as PC gaming is too expensive. (Except the constant free games on EPIC!)

Last edited by Ravens Nest : Sep 6, 2020 at 04:12 AM.
Ravens Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2020, 04:14 AM   #332
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Many 2080ti's going for under $800 on ebay.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2020, 05:21 AM   #333
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Any word on a new GOW?

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 8, 2020, 05:33 PM   #334
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
PS5 24K Gold Edition Pre-Orders Open This Week, If You Happen to Have £7999 to Spare
https://wccftech.com/ps5-24k-gold-ed...-september-10/
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2020, 06:54 PM   #335
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Preordered

Supposed to be a major announcement tomorrow.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-t...what-to-expect
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2020, 01:51 AM   #336
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Preordered

Supposed to be a major announcement tomorrow.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-t...what-to-expect
That's Bruno Mars sorted then! https://youtu.be/UqyT8IEBkvY
Old Sep 9, 2020, 04:08 AM   #337
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Nest View Post
That's Bruno Mars sorted then! https://youtu.be/UqyT8IEBkvY
It's all about the bling
Old Sep 9, 2020, 08:51 AM   #338
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
Any word on a new GOW?
His son has become a father and has his own child to teach in the ways of godly distruction.

now with 3 player coop!
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2020, 09:20 AM   #339
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
His son has become a father and has his own child to teach in the ways of godly distruction.
nah, he suddenly is a woman, and black, and disabled and .... uhm .... [enter pc minority]

But as for the 3 player coop, count me in for that!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2020, 10:13 AM   #340
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So are they announcing today or what?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2020, 01:29 PM   #341
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So are they announcing today or what?
The rumor was 3pm BST. The OTHER rumor is that Sony is waiting for the Xbox X and S series announcement.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 10:32 AM   #342
Lazy8s
One day at a time

hey Sony...what's up?

They must be deciding how thin they can cut margins to be competitive or better. I hope it's worth it.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:08 AM   #343
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I think they will have to release something before the Xbox pre-order goes live
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:22 AM   #344
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
I think they will have to release something before the Xbox pre-order goes live
That's just a day or two isn't it? I want to know if I'll be breaking the budget this holiday or not
Old Sep 10, 2020, 12:04 PM   #345
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I think rather than announce a price, they should just keep it a mystery... Swipe your credit card and we'll take an undisclosed amount of $$ from your account. Maybe they could randomize it for each person, so they add a gambling element as well.

PS5 will teach you financial discipline!

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 01:58 PM   #346
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

One hour to go, you guys ready?
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 02:03 PM   #347
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Playstation 5 Showcase (YouTube feed)

Link

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 03:22 PM   #348
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

What garbage are they showing.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 03:41 PM   #349
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Enjoy everyone
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 03:50 PM   #350
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

ps5 normal 499, digital only 399.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 03:51 PM   #351
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
ps5 normal 499, digital only 399.
November 12 release date for a handful of countries (including the US). Didn’t pay attention to the other release date for the rest of the world (maybe the 19th).

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 03:51 PM   #352
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Damn, got busy with work and missed this. Even though I put up a link.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Sep 16, 2020, 04:07 PM   #353
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Sony taking a huge hit on the digital version and charging $100 extra for an optical drive.... GG lul
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 04:12 PM   #354
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Demon's Souls remaster coming to PC too
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 04:18 PM   #355
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Spiderman looking good. Where/When do I pre order the digital version?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 04:20 PM   #356
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

FF16 got my attention....looks to be a timed exclusive though.

Back to a fantasy setting which is good, but looks like action style again...i kind of wish they went back to turned based....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 04:22 PM   #357
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Sony taking a huge hit on the digital version and charging $100 extra for an optical drive.... GG lul
Hell of a lot better than the lame XBox S option, IMO. As far as I know, there isn't an optical drive option for that.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Sep 16, 2020, 04:24 PM   #358
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

No word on pre orders though

Edit: scrap that

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-pri...-playstation-5
Old Sep 16, 2020, 04:28 PM   #359
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Hell of a lot better than the lame XBox S option, IMO. As far as I know, there isn't an optical drive option for that.
There's not supposed to be an optical version of the S. It's all-digital. It's also the lowest barrier of entry into next-gen. $299 is going to go a long way in the casual market.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 04:32 PM   #360
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
There's not supposed to be an optical version of the S. It's all-digital. It's also the lowest barrier of entry into next-gen. $299 is going to go a long way in the casual market.
I know, that was my point. There is no optical drive, and there is no additional optical drive accessory (which is what was claimed for PS5 in my earlier quote).

That's why I think that system SUCKS. Anyone wanting backward compatibility is forced to go with the more expensive XBox X, or buy all their games again digitally...as far as I understand it.

Pretty clever move by MS...

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix