Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 16, 2021, 06:12 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Looks like same shite different from software game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2021, 09:05 AM   #32
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

A few tasty bits in this latest update.

https://www.theverge.com/22643950/el...orge-rr-martin
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:36 AM   #33
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Herd they adding an easy mode…
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:37 PM   #34
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Again just want to reiterate how thankful I am this next game from them is going to be multi-platform. PC release means at the very least I don't have to worry about being locked to 30 fps.

Other than that I am curious and intrigued about the new open world design they are going with in this game, and the return to dark fantasy setting is welcome albeit getting to be a bit cliche for them.

But, what I really care about learning more of is what new changes they are going to implement for the moment to moment combat gameplay. Setting, story, and characters are cool and all, but it all comes down to that gameplay for me in whether or not it stays fun and engaging rather than crossing the line into frustrating and repetitive. Bloodborne was the first of their Souls games I finally found to be more of the latter, so now I've got more of a wait and see approach where as compared to in the past their games were always blind day one purchases for me. Time will tell.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:48 PM   #35
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm glad that it isn't console exclusive simply because it is way too hard to buy one of those new fancy consoles.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:55 PM   #36
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Again just want to reiterate how thankful I am this next game from them is going to be multi-platform. PC release means at the very least I don't have to worry about being locked to 30 fps.

Other than that I am curious and intrigued about the new open world design they are going with in this game, and the return to dark fantasy setting is welcome albeit getting to be a bit cliche for them.

But, what I really care about learning more of is what new changes they are going to implement for the moment to moment combat gameplay. Setting, story, and characters are cool and all, but it all comes down to that gameplay for me in whether or not it stays fun and engaging rather than crossing the line into frustrating and repetitive. Bloodborne was the first of their Souls games I finally found to be more of the latter, so now I've got more of a wait and see approach where as compared to in the past their games were always blind day one purchases for me. Time will tell.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 01:09 PM   #37
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Mainly because I've been learning despite what I previously believed that if someone loves most Souls-type games they will love all of them. Even though the fundamental game formula is similar, for seasoned veterans of these games the slight gameplay differences can matter a lot.

For instance a lot of people here did not like Sekiro, and I did not care much for Bloodborne. But to a casual gamer looking at the series from the outside they may think if you like one you'll like them all. I am more skeptical of their games now and not just automatically assuming I will love it.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 01:54 PM   #38
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Mainly because I've been learning despite what I previously believed that if someone loves most Souls-type games they will love all of them. Even though the fundamental game formula is similar, for seasoned veterans of these games the slight gameplay differences can matter a lot.

For instance a lot of people here did not like Sekiro, and I did not care much for Bloodborne. But to a casual gamer looking at the series from the outside they may think if you like one you'll like them all. I am more skeptical of their games now and not just automatically assuming I will love it.
Yes sir, it’s that #1 rule. If I enjoy it, then it’s a good game for me. If not, then it isn’t, regardless of developer.

I do appreciate the fact that FS is trying out different ideas, getting a little further away from their comfort zone, and I’m looking forward to this game.

It won’t be a day 1 purchase for me though. I learned my lesson with Sekiro. It was a solid game, but it hit the wrong buttons for me, much like you with BB.

I do hope this doesn’t disappoint. FS has the chops to make excellent games. I just hope it’s an excellent game for me lol.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 04:20 PM   #39
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

We shall find out.

And wow this game is actually closer to release than I was thinking. Just checked and its listed as January 2022.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:05 AM   #40
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Behold, the first proper footage of this new entry in the soulsbornekiroring series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw-zJ3bAg08

The vid does not work when embedded, so just click the link.

Looks like it is basically open world dark souls.

Well, maybe not, the combat looks to be way more forgiving, it is at least an open world title with a bunch of animations previously featured in DS1-3, sekiro and probably bloodborne.

Day 1.

Last edited by Mangler : Nov 4, 2021 at 10:31 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:10 AM   #41
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

So happy this is coming to PC.

Looks like they have put more of an emphasis on stealth, which is cool to have that option.

The open world setting just makes the scope of a Souls game seem so much more massive. Can't wait to explore.

I am wondering how they are going to do boss fights while outdoors though. I think it would make fights too easy to cheese if you have such a wide area to run around in. I'm thinking they probably gate you in somehow.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:38 AM   #42
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Its another ultra-difficult thingy right?
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:52 AM   #43
Mangler
PC

The souls series is not ultra-difficult, git gud scrub.

The gameplay trailer made it look more forgiving than the older titles.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:26 PM   #44
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

My thinking on the difficulty of their games is they have been getting progressively easier and more accessible, rather than harder. But that might also just be because I've played them all and have experience with them and always know what to expect from the start.

I would suggest not to be deterred by any preconceived notion of difficulty. If you think it looks cool just give it a shot. Also yeah I agree with Mangler, from what they've shown so far I can see ways this one could likely be much easier than their previous games. Notably, the open world elements and being able to approach locations from several different areas.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:45 PM   #45
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

GMG is offering the game at 20% off if you preorder. Tempted.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:58 PM   #46
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Appears this is somewhat more forgiving.
Quote:
due to its open-world nature as well as mechanics like stealth and the customizable spirit summons that should make combat less overwhelming.
Quote:
Since Elden Ring is less linear than previous games, bosses—a historically important part of the Souls-like experience—can be avoided in favor of exploring a new area.
Quote:
The game can even be completed without defeating some bosses
https://kotaku.com/elden-ring-will-b...lty-1847123843
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 01:24 PM   #47
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Well, the 2nd and 3rd points you quoted have been consistent in all Soulsbourne games - there's always been optional bosses you could skip.

But in order to progress the story you would eventually have to fight some required bosses. I don't see that being any different in Elden Ring, but of course its yet to be seen.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 01:41 PM   #48
Lazy8s
One day at a time

What a beautiful game, but so much of it looks familiar. The combat also looked…I don’t know…slow and kind of boring.

Expectations kept in check for now. I don’t care much for 2 out 3 of Fromsoftslast last entries so…..

/debbie_downer
Old Nov 4, 2021, 01:53 PM   #49
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
What a beautiful game, but so much of it looks familiar. The combat also looked…I don’t know…slow and kind of boring.

Expectations kept in check for now. I don’t care much for 2 out 3 of Fromsoftslast last entries so…..

/debbie_downer
I saw that too. But I think they may have been intentionally playing slowly for the demonstration. Plus they were showing mostly scrub/mob enemies.

I hear you though, after being accustomed to all the incredible skills in Nioh this combat looks quite archaic in comparison. I am intrigued by those spirit summon spells though, and of course the open world nature of it could be a game changer. I keep thinking it could be a cross between Souls and the environment size of Witcher 3.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 01:54 PM   #50
Mangler
PC

I'm at 3/3.

I did not truly dislike any of those 3 games, but DS2 was the last one that I played more than once.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 01:57 PM   #51
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I only played DS2 twice because I played it on PS3, then double dipped on PC for 60 fps. Totally regretted the money and time I sunk into it by the end though, and never touched it again. Never even played the DLCs lol.

I still think you guys are nuts for not really liking Sekiro. Fantastic combat system. But again I didn't like Bloodbourne so I totally get it. These games are niche so to each their own.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 02:01 PM   #52
Mangler
PC

I feel like there's no real reason to play sekiro more than once though.

Anyway, DS>DS2>Sekiro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS3/BB.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 02:23 PM   #53
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Uh oh, Soulsbourne ranking time. For me its probably:

Sekiro>DS>DeS>DS3>DS2>BB

But I think Nioh is better than them all. Hence the new avatar.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 02:26 PM   #54
Mangler
PC

Nioh is how you do fast combat right.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 02:38 PM   #55
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I saw that too. But I think they may have been intentionally playing slowly for the demonstration. Plus they were showing mostly scrub/mob enemies.

I hear you though, after being accustomed to all the incredible skills in Nioh this combat looks quite archaic in comparison. I am intrigued by those spirit summon spells though, and of course the open world nature of it could be a game changer. I keep thinking it could be a cross between Souls and the environment size of Witcher 3.
Yeah those spirit summons have me intrigued as well. He (Is that VaatiVidya??) made it sound like you get to choose your preferred spirits at some point? I might have not understood that correctly though…

And again, the world looks gorgeous. Like you said though, I think I’ve just become accustomed to a much faster pace than what that particular video showed.

It’s absolutely not a hard pass for me, but I’ll wait a few days for player feedback.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 03:04 PM   #56
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Yeah those spirit summons have me intrigued as well. He (Is that VaatiVidya??) made it sound like you get to choose your preferred spirits at some point? I might have not understood that correctly though…

And again, the world looks gorgeous. Like you said though, I think I’ve just become accustomed to a much faster pace than what that particular video showed.

It’s absolutely not a hard pass for me, but I’ll wait a few days for player feedback.
All I remember is the video mentions the spirit types vary a lot so players can experiment with the diversity and choose what they like. I am wondering if its FS's response to guardian spirits in Nioh.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 04:04 PM   #57
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

it does look insane, mostly, although there's a strange mix of very high poly and terrible low poly textures going on.

It also seems that co-op might be really fun.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 04:08 PM   #58
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
All I remember is the video mentions the spirit types vary a lot so players can experiment with the diversity and choose what they like. I am wondering if its FS's response to guardian spirits in Nioh.
That crossed my mind as well Props to adding something a bit different
Old Nov 4, 2021, 09:30 PM   #59
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Its another ultra-difficult thingy right?
Dark souls was never ultra difficult. its more methodical, things are always in the same places, and there are plenty of enemies that you kill once and they never respawn. Very few issues that create difficulty outside of your own skill.

If you never played dark souls because you though it was difficult. I'd urge you to reconsider. It's not difficult at all. Im not a great player, but outside a few animation issues that are rare, even i never had any trouble with the games.
If you die, you just save up more souls and buy more levels, or upgrade your gear. you can 100% brute force big truck your way through any souls game.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 09:18 AM   #60
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I preordered because of the GMG 20% off. Couldn't resist. So I'm in on day 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Dark souls was never ultra difficult. its more methodical, things are always in the same places, and there are plenty of enemies that you kill once and they never respawn. Very few issues that create difficulty outside of your own skill.

If you never played dark souls because you though it was difficult. I'd urge you to reconsider. It's not difficult at all. Im not a great player, but outside a few animation issues that are rare, even i never had any trouble with the games.

If you die, you just save up more souls and buy more levels, or upgrade your gear. you can 100% brute force big truck your way through any souls game.
Yeah, it's not so much that the games are super difficult. But more that they have a steep learning curve and require a lot of patience in the beginning replaying the same areas and enemies over and over until it clicks for you. For people who end up not playing because of "difficulty" its more that they simply don't have the patience to get past this initial hurdle.

Once you do though and understand how to play it becomes evident they offer the player lots of ways to make things easier, and it's very satisfying.