Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 9, 2021, 06:42 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

George RR Martin calls Elden Ring a Dark Souls sequel.

https://youtu.be/xHzJG1hHTdU

Not a whole lot of info has been released, but that’s the first I’ve heard it called a DS sequel. Just got a lot more interesting to me….
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2021, 06:55 PM   #62
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

If that is actually true, and they were keeping it a secret for players to discover in game, then holy **** is that a let down. From Soft must be pissed.

Though im sure they would still be upset even if its just a false statement, as it lends to incorrect expectations for the game.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 08:26 PM   #63
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I think that might be out of context.

Not sure he means its an actual sequel in the same universe as Dark Souls, but more that its just another From Soft game of the "Souls" genre.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 10, 2021, 06:49 AM   #64
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
If that is actually true, and they were keeping it a secret for players to discover in game, then holy **** is that a let down. From Soft must be pissed.

Though im sure they would still be upset even if its just a false statement, as it lends to incorrect expectations for the game.
Agreed. There’s no really good way to play this off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I think that might be out of context.

Not sure he means its an actual sequel in the same universe as Dark Souls, but more that its just another From Soft game of the "Souls" genre.
That’s possible, but considering what he does for a living, and his involvement in Elden Ring….It’s a gaff to end all gaffs if an author/screenwriter takes “Sequel” out of context…
Old Nov 10, 2021, 06:59 AM   #65
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Haha George just trolled From so, so hard.. lol
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2021, 07:38 AM   #66
Andy22
Radeon R700

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

I think y'all are being overly dramatic. That interview is 4 months old and haven't seen anyone reference him using the word "sequel" as as being some big reveal. If you watch the interview he is simply stating it is a game that is in the same canon as Dark Souls and pretty sure everyone knows that.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2021, 07:45 AM   #67
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy22 View Post
I think y'all are being overly dramatic. That interview is 4 months old and haven't seen anyone reference him using the word "sequel" as as being some big reveal. If you watch the interview he is simply stating it is a game that is in the same canon as Dark Souls and pretty sure everyone knows that.
That’s possible too. I don’t think it’s being dramatic btw - just simply saying when a game’s story teller uses the words “It’s a sequel to Dark Souls” that maybe it means something along the lines of it being a sequel to Dark Souls

If you haven’t watched the video it’s near the start, at about the 25 second point.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 08:41 AM   #68
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy22 View Post
Yeah i feel the same way. As far as i know he only developed the basis for the world of the game, then handed it off to FS to flesh it out. Several years ago as well. I'm thinking he actually has a small knowledge of the actual game itself, and was speaking out of school on that sequel comment.

But we shall see eventually.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 01:55 PM   #69
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Early gameplay impressions starting to show up:

Old Nov 11, 2021, 02:45 PM   #70
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Looks really, really good
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2021, 07:14 AM   #71
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I watched a spoiler free video from PWAR yesterday. He’s usually pretty sharp, so if his info is accurate regarding MP, this will be another FS game I’ll be playing offline.

I know it isn’t a popular opinion among fans of their games, but giving players access to others games is just a way for another player to annoy me while I’m trying to enjoy the game.

Meh.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 08:32 AM   #72
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I watched a spoiler free video from PWAR yesterday. He’s usually pretty sharp, so if his info is accurate regarding MP, this will be another FS game I’ll be playing offline.

I know it isn’t a popular opinion among fans of their games, but giving players access to others games is just a way for another player to annoy me while I’m trying to enjoy the game.

Meh.
What exactly did he say? The way FightinCowboy described the MP was that you could only be invaded if you wanted to, by using the tongue item. Unless I am misunderstanding it.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 08:45 AM   #73
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
What exactly did he say? The way FightinCowboy described the MP was that you could only be invaded if you wanted to, by using the tongue item. Unless I am misunderstanding it.
If you’re co-op you can be invaded, plus invaders are given a fast travel item (with extensive iframes) that can really be a problem.

Normally invasions don’t bother me too much (hackers aside) but if this follows the DaS 3 model, there’s no invasion timer either, or it’s super long, so invaders will be able to avoid and troll over large areas. DaS3 has invasions lasting over 30 minutes!

Give me the guy that wants to 1v1 or 2v1 in good faith, no problems. It’s the ones that run away when they start losing, and avoid you that are a real p.I.t.a.

Edit: I’ll find and link the video when I’m back home. He covers a ton of good info.

https://youtu.be/_xD08TIGW_Y

Last edited by Lazy8s : Nov 12, 2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:02 PM   #74
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Ah gotcha, I forgot that when you co-op you are automatically open to invasion. But then its 2v1, and that's OK with me for invaders. They should always have a disadvantage. I don't really plan to do much co-op anyways so this probably wont really apply to me anyways.

I'll check out the video later to absorb any more info.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:31 PM   #75
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Ah gotcha, I forgot that when you co-op you are automatically open to invasion. But then its 2v1, and that's OK with me for invaders. They should always have a disadvantage. I don't really plan to do much co-op anyways so this probably wont really apply to me anyways.

I'll check out the video later to absorb any more info.
You know me lol. Love to co-op ….beware YouTube though…players are posting tons of spoiler filled videos….
Old Nov 12, 2021, 01:05 PM   #76
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
You know me lol. Love to co-op ?.beware YouTube though?players are posting tons of spoiler filled videos?.
I did notice lots of gameplay videos starting to show up in my feed yesterday. I'm not too tempted to watch them. Don't really have the time anyways.

Aside from the initial things we just find out in the official gameplay trailer, I'm hoping to go in totally blind on day 1. Biggest known things I'm super excited about are the open world of course, and i love the Sekiro stealth elements they incorporated.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 01:35 PM   #77
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I did notice lots of gameplay videos starting to show up in my feed yesterday. I'm not too tempted to watch them. Don't really have the time anyways.

Aside from the initial things we just find out in the official gameplay trailer, I'm hoping to go in totally blind on day 1. Biggest known things I'm super excited about are the open world of course, and i love the Sekiro stealth elements they incorporated.
I’ll be mostly blind going in too. I don’t have a problem with PWAR’s videos…he’s really good about spoilers and alerts etc…

I haven’t been too excited about this yet, but I wasn’t excited about Nioh either and look how that turned out I’m really hoping this will be one of those games that draws me in and won’t let go. And I think it might be
Old Nov 12, 2021, 02:02 PM   #78
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

The open world gameplay alone could make it super addictive. If the world is interesting enough, I can see myself spending hours just exploring.

I don't know if it will be like this, but I kind of really hope its like Souls in a world that has the size and scope of Witcher 3 or Breath of the Wild. I am really digging the idea of being able to go in any direction in a Souls game. Can't wait to see what its like.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 02:15 PM   #79
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I think of the little bits of the world and mechanics that I’ve seen so far, and then realize I haven’t even seen a fraction of it. Yeah…..this could be really good
Old Nov 13, 2021, 01:11 AM   #80
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Did they change anything but the name? . Seriously, the open-world, exploration might have me giving it a try? Also seems they have made an effort to soften the edges a bit? Apparently killing groups of enemies will auto-refill your flasks

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Nov 13, 2021 at 01:33 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2021, 08:35 AM   #81
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Did they change anything but the name? . Seriously, the open-world, exploration might have me giving it a try? Also seems they have made an effort to soften the edges a bit? Apparently killing groups of enemies will auto-refill your flasks

To the untrained eye yes it probably just looks like open world Dark Souls due to the similar combat animations, but they've actually made a ton of changes to their formula here.

Aside from the bigger world, it seems like they streamlined and implemented a lot of the best features from all their games and also added a ton of brand new stuff that's going to really open up the gameplay possibilities.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 04:20 AM   #82
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

watched a few streams about it, it really looks awesome, can't wait for the release.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2021, 07:28 AM   #83
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Looks like same shite as every other game they made.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:48 AM   #84
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I said the heck with it and watched a spoilery video, about 20 minutes worth, from YouTuber Sunlight Blade on the pros and cons in his opinion. I was keeping my expectations lower on this one, but his video has me thinking that From Soft might have really developed a gem here.

I sure hope so. I’m starting to get excited for the release in spite of myself
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:11 AM   #85
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If it's millisecond timing fights all over again, then I'm out.
Had enough of masochistic boss fights and 'die-once-and-start-over' crap, getting too old for this shite
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:21 AM   #86
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I said the heck with it and watched a spoilery video, about 20 minutes worth, from YouTuber Sunlight Blade on the pros and cons in his opinion. I was keeping my expectations lower on this one, but his video has me thinking that From Soft might have really developed a gem here.

I sure hope so. I’m starting to get excited for the release in spite of myself
Decided yet if you are in on day 1?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:02 PM   #87
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Decided yet if you are in on day 1?
I think I will be. I’m hoping the game won’t be a resource hog (laptop) but I figure if I can run flight sim 2020 with decent visuals, it should run this with some settings turned down.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:36 PM   #88
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I think I will be. I’m hoping the game won’t be a resource hog (laptop) but I figure if I can run flight sim 2020 with decent visuals, it should run this with some settings turned down.
By the looks of it I don't think it will be. Also judging by past releases From Soft's games are generally not too demanding.

But that's great you think you'll be in for day 1! If so we will both be first experiencing this one at the same time. Been a while since, Sekiro maybe?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 01:31 PM   #89
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
By the looks of it I don't think it will be. Also judging by past releases From Soft's games are generally not too demanding.
Yeah that’s true.

Quote:
But that's great you think you'll be in for day 1! If so we will both be first experiencing this one at the same time. Been a while since, Sekiro maybe?
Yep Sekiro it was It’ll be interesting, and fun to compare notes on this one, especially with the massive open world model. It’ll be raining spoiler tags
Old Dec 22, 2021, 03:09 PM   #90
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
It’ll be raining spoiler tags
I know right?