Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 5, 2021, 09:27 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default Nioh 2 - Complete Edition

Wait for patches before buying it, the port has issues with random frame drops and bad frame pacing, at least according to the steam forums.

It does seem to run fine on my 1080 ti system with the 60 fps cap, but things get ugly with the 120 cap.

The 120 cap must be broken, areas that runs just fine with the 60 fps cap suddenly drops below 60 for no apparent reason.

Last edited by Mangler : Feb 5, 2021 at 09:50 AM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2021, 06:26 AM   #2
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

TN seems to be fast with patches, so it shouldn't take them too long.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2021, 08:28 AM   #3
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Did they patch fun into the game?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 6, 2021, 09:03 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Did they patch an easy mode into the game?
No

Old Feb 6, 2021, 09:15 AM   #5
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Nioh and 2 are fun. its just its very disjointed in whether or not you actually have fun. It all comes down to the stupid diablo style loot. People with nice average drops or goode luck enjoy the game a lot. People who got shat on by the loot drops did not.

I love diablo style loot. especially when the items have cool random and unique effects, but a dark souls game is not something it should really be in. You strongly require set items that do set amount of damage or protection, as the emphisis is entirely focused on your stats and builds.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 09:50 AM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Nioh and 2 are fun. its just its very disjointed in whether or not you actually have fun. It all comes down to the stupid diablo style loot. People with nice average drops or goode luck enjoy the game a lot. People who got shat on by the loot drops did not.

I love diablo style loot. especially when the items have cool random and unique effects, but a dark souls game is not something it should really be in. You strongly require set items that do set amount of damage or protection, as the emphisis is entirely focused on your stats and builds.
I love the loot as well. All of it serves a purpose, whether it's given to the smith for materials or sold for amrita to level up, it all comes in handy.

That said, it's still a very niche game. If the difficulty doesn't turn anyone off, the patience needed to get the drops you want might.

I love them both though, probably 2 of my all time favorites.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 12:00 PM   #7
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

... did someone say NIOH!?
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2021, 09:04 PM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
... did someone say NIOH!?
Oh yeah...you double dipping this or what? I don't have a reason to, but that's never stopped me before
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:55 PM   #9
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Oh yeah...you double dipping this or what? I don't have a reason to, but that's never stopped me before
Oh good lord no. I'm already hundreds of hours in it on my PS4. I'm not gonna do that to myself. Seriously was trying to farm the spear skills the past couple days, probably beat him 100+ times and still have one to go. Drop rates are stupid low. Still working through Wise.

Old Feb 7, 2021, 04:44 AM   #10
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oh good lord no. I'm already hundreds of hours in it on my PS4. I'm not gonna do that to myself. Seriously was trying to farm the spear skills the past couple days, probably beat him 100+ times and still have one to go. Drop rates are stupid low. Still working through Wise.
Same here. Amazing fun to a certain point, but no PC version for me either.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 09:56 PM   #11
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Started Nioh 2 for the first time tonight to try it out.

Thanks Lazy8s!

I did the first mission to get a feel for the changes since the first game. So far I'm liking it, but I need to get used to all the changes. So much stuff with the spirits that is new and not understood yet (imbued soul cores, etc). But a lot of the game is also very familiar. Its obviously a deeper improved upon version of Nioh. Looking forward to figuring it all out once I finish HZD.

There's one technical issue I did have unfortunately though. The game supports up to 120 fps, and ultra wide 21:9 res which is awesome! But, already two times just in a couple hours of playing the 21:9 resolution bugged out and went into 16:9 with black bars after a cut scene. Not changing to 16:9, but it looked like 21:9 squished into 16:9 - so everything looked really skinny. I had to restart the game to fix it. After that happening twice I decided to just play it in 16:9 (2560x1440) but the game wont allow that unless you play in Borderless mode which I don't want to do. The game will not allow 16:9 with black bars on a native 21:9 screen. Instead, using 16:9 stretches the screen. I even did make sure it was set to No Scaling in the NV control panel to no avail. Ack, really will suck if it keeps glitching like that after cut scenes, but I will see how it goes.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2021, 03:40 AM   #12
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I’m not running 21:9, but some reading says that users are trying rt clicking the Nioh 2 .exe and overriding the DPI scaling, setting it to application? Maybe worth a try?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 08:24 AM   #13
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I’m not running 21:9, but some reading says that users are trying rt clicking the Nioh 2 .exe and overriding the DPI scaling, setting it to application? Maybe worth a try?
I will definitely try, thanks.

There are also mods to fix ultrawide support for Nioh 2, but i found that strange since the game does support my 3440x1440 res natively. Maybe it was added in a patch afterwards, but still has problems.

21:9 actually seems to work fine. It just seems to struggle when going back and forth between cut scenes since they are still 16:9.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 09:43 AM   #14
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I will definitely try, thanks.

There are also mods to fix ultrawide support for Nioh 2, but i found that strange since the game does support my 3440x1440 res natively. Maybe it was added in a patch afterwards, but still has problems.

21:9 actually seems to work fine. It just seems to struggle when going back and forth between cut scenes since they are still 16:9.
Maybe do a search for cutscene fixes…I know there were a lot of folks having issues with the game crashing or not launching due to “movie” errors or something …. I wonder if it’s related.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:59 AM   #15
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'll have to check but I was running it 2560, 1080 Ultrawide and never ran into the smooshed thing. But then again, I was playing it near when it came out for PC and haven't played it a whole lot since. Granted "haven't played it a whole lot" is near 90 hours and getting to the Underworld. I may have been in windowed mode though as I'd usually have Twitch running on my second monitor.

Some people goaded me into picking it up and I relented as with my Humble discount it was only 40 new or something like that.

Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:11 AM   #16
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I'll have to check but I was running it 2560, 1080 Ultrawide and never ran into the smooshed thing. But then again, I was playing it near when it came out for PC and haven't played it a whole lot since. Granted "haven't played it a whole lot" is near 90 hours and getting to the Underworld. I may have been in windowed mode though as I'd usually have Twitch running on my second monitor.

Some people goaded me into picking it up and I relented as with my Humble discount it was only 40 new or something like that.
“Goaded you into picking it up”…..really twisted your arm eh? I get it lol
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:50 AM   #17
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

On the cut scene resolution glitch, I did some reading up and the best info I could find was some people were saying its a bug that is related to when you switch resolutions in game.

That kind of makes sense, because it only happened during the first play session yesterday after I installed the game and changed the default resolution to my 21:9 native res in the settings. But I just played for a while this morning and it is not happening anymore, likely because I had not changed resolutions since firing up the game today. So hopefully that is resolved.

I just did the second main mission, then did the Way of the Warrior: Novice training mission which unlocked by beloved Pulverize:Man tonfa skill. Pretty much game over for the enemy now.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:04 PM   #18
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
On the cut scene resolution glitch, I did some reading up and the best info I could find was some people were saying its a bug that is related to when you switch resolutions in game.

That kind of makes sense, because it only happened during the first play session yesterday after I installed the game and changed the default resolution to my 21:9 native res in the settings. But I just played for a while this morning and it is not happening anymore, likely because I had not changed resolutions since firing up the game today. So hopefully that is resolved.

I just did the second main mission, then did the Way of the Warrior: Novice training mission which unlocked by beloved Pulverize:Man tonfa skill. Pretty much game over for the enemy now.
Oh I hope that rez thing is taken care of. Sounded like a really annoying bug.

Sounds like you’re enjoying the game I did my entire first playthough using the Tonfa, and had to dump them after because they’re like crack cocaine

Currently using only the SwitchGlaive, because I never gave it a proper chance before. Liking it so far.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:46 PM   #19
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Oh I hope that rez thing is taken care of. Sounded like a really annoying bug.

Sounds like you’re enjoying the game I did my entire first playthough using the Tonfa, and had to dump them after because they’re like crack cocaine

Currently using only the SwitchGlaive, because I never gave it a proper chance before. Liking it so far.
Pretty confident that resolution bug is resolved thankfully. It was bad, seemed like it was going to be happening after every cut scene and I had to restart the game to fix it. Although I did read afterwards some people were saying by going into the "movie mode" and back would fix it. Regardless, I think I'm good.

Yeah, I am still using tonfas. I really enjoy them, and am just so used to them. But I kind of want to move away from them at some point and try something new. I did want to use kusarigama, so maybe I will move to that. We'll see. I think after beating two missions I am done "trying it out" and will go back to HZD now. But I'll probably end up switching back and forth between games, which I really prefer not to do because it just takes that much longer to get through them.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 01:33 PM   #20
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Pretty confident that resolution bug is resolved thankfully. It was bad, seemed like it was going to be happening after every cut scene and I had to restart the game to fix it. Although I did read afterwards some people were saying by going into the "movie mode" and back would fix it. Regardless, I think I'm good.

Yeah, I am still using tonfas. I really enjoy them, and am just so used to them. But I kind of want to move away from them at some point and try something new. I did want to use kusarigama, so maybe I will move to that. We'll see. I think after beating two missions I am done "trying it out" and will go back to HZD now. But I'll probably end up switching back and forth between games, which I really prefer not to do because it just takes that much longer to get through them.
I was really surprised you didn’t go for the fists to be honest. I was shocked at how well done the animations for them are, and they’re an absolute blast to use!

But one thing these games excel at is catering to players different styles, more so than any other game I can think of at the moment.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 01:40 PM   #21
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I was really surprised you didn’t go for the fists to be honest. I was shocked at how well done the animations for them are, and they’re an absolute blast to use!

But one thing these games excel at is catering to players different styles, more so than any other game I can think of at the moment.
Haha, I don't think I want to do fists. But then again I haven't really tried them.

I just remember sometimes fighting revenants that just used fist, and was always like WTF? They were always super high level, so I figured it was someone's idea of a challenge build, but I usually was able to kill them pretty easily.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 01:44 PM   #22
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Haha, I don't think I want to do fists. But then again I haven't really tried them.

I just remember sometimes fighting revenants that just used fist, and was always like WTF? They were always super high level, so I figured it was someone's idea of a challenge build, but I usually was able to kill them pretty easily.
A fist equipped revenant in this game might feel high level even if they’re not. They have that speed, and the fists just devastate ki. They’re amazing for tough boss fights, with the caveat being is you need to be in even closer than with Tonfa. Amazing weapons But it all comes back to using/doing what you enjoy of course.

My experience came from going for mastering all weapons to plat the console edition - now I might try them again just for the grins
Old Nov 23, 2021, 01:47 PM   #23
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
“Goaded you into picking it up”…..really twisted your arm eh? I get it lol
Twas quite painful it was.

Also, allowed me to make a Hatchet main. That was a fun run.

Old Nov 23, 2021, 01:52 PM   #24
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Twas quite painful it was.

Also, allowed me to make a Hatchet main. That was a fun run.
I had the worst time with hatchets! I’ve seen summons just destroy things with them….I just couldn’t get the hang of them.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 08:36 PM   #25
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Well I am putting Nioh 2 on hold until I finish HZD, but I did happen to start another main mission so figured I would just finish this one and save it on the map screen.

Just beat Yatsu no Kami - the huge viper snake boss. Man, that thing was quite the endurance match at my current level - 18 I think. I did figure out the pattern pretty early on, but was just having fits doing absolute chip damage and couldn't stay alive long enough to finish it. I ended up having to swap to a high damage Odachi I happened to have on me which made a big difference and took him down finally.

Also, I am having growing pains getting used to the new burst counter, yokai shift, and attuned moves you can do with anima. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but they hardly do much damage at all, and I can usually only do them once a fight. Also yoaki shift (living weapon in this game I guess) just feels so weak and awkward). It does not seem to have the power of LW in Nioh 1. I need to figure out what the hell I am doing wrong. And burst counter, I understand there's a few different kinds depending on what guardian you are using. Phantom is a counter hit, and feral is a dodge. I am slowly getting used to the timing of phantom. On bosses I guess it just takes out a chunk of their ki, and sometimes can lead to a critical hit.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 09:00 PM   #26
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah, yokai shift is a lot different compared to LW. So much so there's an entire tree for it. It's fairly weak in the beginning but you can spec for it if you want to. There's a lot of hidden mechanics with it that I'm not even 100% sure on. I still pretty much used it as an oh **** button instead of a real mechanic. Amrita will fill the gauge back up, also I think you generate anima a lot faster allowing you to chain cast yokai abilities while shifted. It might be one of those things I start a character specifically for once I finish up this Nioh 1 run.

Yokai abilities are super varied. Just got to play around with what you feel is right/fun/useful for you. Snakey boy soul core is amazingly overpowered. And don't worry there a lot of ways to increase anima generation as the game goes on.

Also, I know what you mean about that boss. I usually switch to kusa for him as it's amazing at wrecking his ki.

Yeah. Three types. The phantom which is the block hit, feral dodge that acts as the counter if the enemy runs into an afterimage of it(timing can get interesting), and brute which is the line drive with a club. Yeah, they're great for ki damage. You'll work it out. You seem to be getting a handle on things. I'm sure lazy is typing up a reply as well as there's a hidden member in the thread as well. Sure he'll correct me as well if my memory is hazy. Don't think I've overstepped any discovery aspects for you.

Oh well back to watching Black Widow and putting down the tablet.

Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:33 PM   #27
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Wow, I did not realize until you mentioned it that there's a skill tree for yokai shift. Looks like that's what I need to work on to get it to be more worthwhile. I also feel like I might have skipped over or just forgot some things from the initial tutorial which explained the new stuff.

But thanks Yellowbeard for the tips and explanations, it really helps. Need to start paying more attention to the soul cores I am picking up, and make use of the right ones for the right situations. When I have more time to dive into this game I'm sure I'll get it all figured out.

I am actually astounded at all the new mechanics they added. Wasn't expected this much. I am going to have a blast learning a new Nioh game all over again.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Nov 23, 2021 at 11:45 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 06:12 AM   #28
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Nicely covered Yellowbeard

Meteor > you can revisit the tutorials and/or practice in the dojo at any time. You can also respec any skills in the dojo for any tree you want to. TN really went over the top on making respec easy in this game. There’s so much to try they made it easy to do so.

You can also save builds in this game from your hut.

They also lowered the cost of soul matching by a LOT.

If you have any questions I can help with use toss them out there

I just cleared floor 40 in the underworld - this is hands down the best build I’ve ever had in this game. Still just shredding everything.

Floor 50 will be the real litmus test though. I know what boss is waiting there and almost nothing makes that bastard easy. I think I might actually hate him

@Yellowbeard - I ran into one of our feathered friends, and he was purple What an angry little s.o.b. He is
Old Nov 24, 2021, 06:54 AM   #29
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Thanks. Yeah I did notice respeccing seemed to be free this go around. Was totally surprised at that, but its great. After the Yatsu no Kami fight I already feel like I might want to change some of my stats around.

Was thinking rather than figuring it all out myself, this time I might go online to try and get build ideas. I want to make sure I stay focused with a certain build from the start which is something I didn't do in Nioh 1.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 07:02 AM   #30
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah I did notice respeccing seemed to be free this go around. Was totally surprised at that, but its great. After the Yatsu no Kami fight I already feel like I might want to change some of my stats around.

Was thinking rather than figuring it all out myself, this time I might go online to try and get build ideas. I want to make sure I stay focused with a certain build from the start which is something I didn't do in Nioh 1.
I think that fight makes everyone question their build first time around

I’m using a magic/switchglaive build with warrior of the east armor.

Switchglaive scales with magic, skill and constitution, and the armor gives a damage buff with constitution + a high level of toughness.

Loving it so far. I think it’s the only Nioh build I’ve ever had that I’ve never respecced