Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 8, 2021, 01:17 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
The elemental damage on the yokai ability is intrinsic to the core in question, or you added it somehow like the Shifter skills?
I think any elemental damage from a yokai ability is mainly based on the effects of its soul core. I don't remember seeing a shifter skill affecting that.

But when I mentioned getting confusion on them, I meant from my own tonfa attacks. They're imbued with fire, and also I have a lighting effect on one of their active skills. Switching back and forth between that active skill, and other attacks is great for quickly afflicting confusion.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:24 AM   #62
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Been wondering about Change to Attack effect in this game, which now seems to be called "Attack Bonus." Since I am focusing mainly on Constitution and Courage I've been on the lookout for a weapon with an Attack Bonus (Courage), or Attack Bonus (Constitution) inheritable.

The only thing I've seen after 50 hours in this game is I found one sword very early on that had Attack Bonus (Stamina) C- inheritable. But nothing since, inheritable or non-inheritable. Haven't seen it come up at all while tempering either.

Anyone know why? I was thinking maybe that effect doesn't start showing up until NG+, but then why did I find that one sword with Attack Bonus (Stamina)? Is it just super rare?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:35 AM   #63
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Been wondering about Change to Attack effect in this game, which now seems to be called "Attack Bonus." Since I am focusing mainly on Constitution and Courage I've been on the lookout for a weapon with an Attack Bonus (Courage), or Attack Bonus (Constitution) inheritable.

The only thing I've seen after 50 hours in this game is I found one sword very early on that had Attack Bonus (Stamina) C- inheritable. But nothing since, inheritable or non-inheritable. Haven't seen it come up at all while tempering either.

Anyone know why? I was thinking maybe that effect doesn't start showing up until NG+, but then why did I find that one sword with Attack Bonus (Stamina)? Is it just super rare?
Do the Roaming Artisan mission asap. Massive weapons/armor profit.

Edit: It’s very pertinent to your question…..

Last edited by Lazy8s : Dec 9, 2021 at 11:58 AM.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 9, 2021, 12:30 PM   #64
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Do the Roaming Artisan mission asap. Massive weapons/armor profit.

Edit: It’s very pertinent to your question…..
Thanks for the tip! Good to know there's a reason for not seeing those effects yet.

I don't have that mission available yet to this point, but I will look out for it.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 01:20 PM   #65
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! Good to know there's a reason for not seeing those effects yet.

I don't have that mission available yet to this point, but I will look out for it.
It’s a …well….it’s an amazing addition to your arsenal, to say the least

Edit: It unlocks after the last main mission in Twilight I think….
Old Dec 9, 2021, 01:23 PM   #66
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
It’s a …well….it’s an amazing addition to your arsenal, to say the least
What region? Not that I think I'm anywhere close to it

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2021, 01:25 PM   #67
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Twilight…I’m almost certain it’s Twilight after the Mausoleum mission….

Edit: It’s very much worth just getting through the main missions to unlock it, then going back for side missions
Old Dec 9, 2021, 01:52 PM   #68
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Twilight is the 5th region, which I am working through now.

Knowing this I am going to just focus on the main missions to get to it ASAP.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:33 PM   #69
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Hey Lazy8s, I got Muramasa and am now seeing the Attack Bonus effects coming up while reforging. So thanks again for that.

It seems to be pretty rare to get it to pop up though. I am just going to save scum the system to get Attack Bonus (Courage) without having to spend an arm and leg rolling the dice.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:54 PM   #70
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Hey Lazy8s, I got Muramasa and am now seeing the Attack Bonus effects coming up while reforging. So thanks again for that.

It seems to be pretty rare to get it to pop up though. I am just going to save scum the system to get Attack Bonus (Courage) without having to spend an arm and leg rolling the dice.
You don’t have to roll the dice Meteor… you can now change the scaling on any weapon you want to. Whatever it scales off of, go to reforge and change it to scale off the stat that’s best. You can also reforge armor now. Refine gives you more protection at the same weight, but with higher stat requirements. The next one give the best protection with low stats, but more weight.

You can also forge change to attack along side the stat you reforged too. My glaive scales off of magic +has a change to attack for magic. That got me about an additional 400 dps.

Also, the most CTA drops I saw were after the Twilight region. The usual mix of revs and regular enemies. Try wearing a sudama skull or kodama helmet, and get the weapons drop bonus from the kodama at the shrine to up your luck. I always got quite a few pretty easily.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 01:09 PM   #71
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yes I was just looking at remodel in the blacksmith since it just unlocked. Awesome, we can now adjust a weapon's stat based scaling! And you are saying reforging to get a CTA effect (Attack Bonus) will also stack with the remodeling if i do both?

As for the new armor features I will have to try it out. Haven't looked at that yet.

One other question, i somewhere picked up a couple +1 purple weapons so i went and tried to forge a +1. Doesnt seem to be happening. Is it only possible to forge a divine +1, or is a purple +1 just super rare? Not too concerned since I'm likely getting close to NG+ now anyways but just curious.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 01:20 PM   #72
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yes I was just looking at remodel in the blacksmith since it just unlocked. Awesome, we can now adjust a weapon's stat based scaling! And you are saying reforging to get a CTA effect (Attack Bonus) will also stack with the remodeling if i do both?
Yes, they stack together. It gives a really nice damage boost.

Quote:
As for the new armor features I will have to try it out. Haven't looked at that yet.

One other question, i somewhere picked up a couple +1 purple weapons so i went and tried to forge a +1. Doesnt seem to be happening. Is it only possible to forge a divine +1, or is a purple +1 just super rare? Not too concerned since I'm likely getting close to NG+ now anyways but just curious.
[/quote]You mean forge a +1 at the smith? Yes, it can happen. The hidden tea house also dropped quite a few +1 weapons for me.

A note about the remodeling now that I think about it - a weapon has to be at least +1 to remodel, same with armor I believe, which is more rare.

But to forge a divine weapon requires divine fragments, which, yes…you are closing in on.

Also look at the base attack on your weapon of choice. It might have the effects you like, but lower base attack damage. I always grabbed the higher base damage, and then rolled what I wanted for effects at the smith.

hope that helps…
Old Dec 10, 2021, 02:09 PM   #73
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
A note about the remodeling now that I think about it - a weapon has to be at least +1 to remodel, same with armor I believe, which is more rare.
Yeah, I noticed you need to have a +1 weapon for remodeling, which I should have mentioned as to why I was asking about forging +1 purples. I can soul match to one of the +1 weps I picked up but wanted to try just forging one as its cheaper.

Pretty exciting, I am getting to best part of this game finally haha.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 02:45 PM   #74
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed you need to have a +1 weapon for remodeling, which I should have mentioned as to why I was asking about forging +1 purples. I can soul match to one of the +1 weps I picked up but wanted to try just forging one as its cheaper.

Pretty exciting, I am getting to best part of this game finally haha.
LoL, it literally only gets better from where you’re at
Old Dec 10, 2021, 04:18 PM   #75
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

So I soul matched my tonfas to +1 then remodeled to get Constitution A- scaling. But the best I can do reforging for the Attack Bonus effect was Constitution C. Stamina and STR popped up too, both C, but can't use those on this build. I guess it will have to do for now. Its good though, their damage went from 890 to 1030 and only at about 1/4 familiarity so far.

Feel like I'm nearing the end of NG. Assuming there's got to be at least one more region after Twilight, not counting DLC. I'm at 60 hours but I feel like I blew through the game compared to Nioh 1.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 04:54 PM   #76
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
So I soul matched my tonfas to +1 then remodeled to get Constitution A- scaling. But the best I can do reforging for the Attack Bonus effect was Constitution C. Stamina and STR popped up too, both C, but can't use those on this build. I guess it will have to do for now. Its good though, their damage went from 890 to 1030 and only at about 1/4 familiarity so far.

Feel like I'm nearing the end of NG. Assuming there's got to be at least one more region after Twilight, not counting DLC. I'm at 60 hours but I feel like I blew through the game compared to Nioh 1.
Oh yeah, you have some good stuff coming up.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 06:22 AM   #77
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Those searchlights are a pain in the ass.

Finding a new appreciation for Dragon Dance high attack-hold with the splitstaff.. I didn't realize initially that it continues as long as you hold down the buttons. For someone that can't fight back it's brutal. Have been sneaking up behind Yaga witches and taking them out without them being able to fight back.*

*Requires making sure you back them into something so they can't jump away.

Last edited by koralis : Dec 11, 2021 at 06:50 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 08:05 AM   #78
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

IIRC if you're real careful you can snipe the searchlight from afar and it will go away temporarily. Worked for me at least.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 09:13 AM   #79
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
IIRC if you're real careful you can snipe the searchlight from afar and it will go away temporarily. Worked for me at least.
That’s what I did too. I loved that set up though. Did not expect that at all.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 07:06 PM   #80
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Just finished up NG. Now on to the DLC.

Those last few main missions were fantastic. Just when I thought I was at the end, nope they threw another mission at me. So satisfying.

Game was great, everything about it was amazing. Anyone who does not play these games are really missing out on the best hack and slash action games of all time.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 07:31 PM   #81
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Just finished up NG. Now on to the DLC.

Those last few main missions were fantastic. Just when I thought I was at the end, nope they threw another mission at me. So satisfying.

Game was great, everything about it was amazing. Anyone who does not play these games are really missing out on the best hack and slash action games of all time.
What did you think of the story “twist” towards the end? I personally thought it was a fantastic move.

And…just because I have to say it, this games DLC is just amazing
Old Dec 11, 2021, 09:10 PM   #82
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

They definitely put a lot into the story. Blows From Soft's games out of the water in that aspect for sure. The ending was total fan service of the first game. Was very cool to see it connect to the beginning of the first game and William. But to be honest i kind of stopped paying attention to the story for the last quarter or so of the game. I was just so focused on the awesome gameplay and perfecting my build. But i want to go back into the memories section to understand it fully. Will do that before starting the DLC.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 07:59 AM   #83
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Damn.... That owl is a hard fight. He's on you alot, often out of reach, and you're being attacked by the eyes concurrently If you beat on the eyes yoiu get dive bombed from the back. If you don't, then you're being pelted by ghosts constantly. My heart is racing... just beat it. Whew!

Yeah, I don't think Nioh 2's bosses are easier, Meteor... you must have just gotten better, have a better strategy/loadout/etc.

Edit: Ack... just realized I had on the wrong chest during todays fights... instead of my heavy armor it was light. I was trying on different armor for cosmetic purposes when I got burnt out on losing last night and forgot to swap back before getting started today.

Last edited by koralis : Dec 12, 2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 08:15 AM   #84
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:

Yeah, I don't think Nioh 2's bosses are easier, Meteor... you must have just gotten better, have a better strategy/loadout/etc.
That could be the case. Just overall my experience carried over from playing the first game, plus making liberal use of yokai abilities makes it seem easier. The last boss, and second to last boss both took me only two attempts each. My build just totally wrecks right now.

Plus tonfas just absolutely obliterate in this game, and is all i use. The only other weapon I've seen that destroys enemy Ki as fast would be kusarigama. But they are more suited to ninja build.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 09:17 AM   #85
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
That could be the case. Just overall my experience carried over from playing the first game, plus making liberal use of yokai abilities makes it seem easier. The last boss, and second to last boss both took me only two attempts each. My build just totally wrecks right now.

Plus tonfas just absolutely obliterate in this game, and is all i use. The only other weapon I've seen that destroys enemy Ki as fast would be kusarigama. But they are more suited to ninja build.
Fists also just destroy ki. I actually found the bosses much easier in this game than the first with a couple of exceptions. This is literally the only game I’ve ever wrecked a boss with 1, 2 or 3 shots.

That said, I’m really looking forward to your thoughts on the DLC Meteor - It’s (in my very biased opinion lol) just insanely good
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:16 AM   #86
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I think they designed the boss fights more fairly in this game. Not easier persay, but less cheap tactics to overcome which I believe was the factor.

I'll definitely pop in to give my impressions on the DLC as I go along with it. I'm doing some build prep work first before starting the DLC.

I just did some revenant farming this morning in NG+ to get all divine versions of my Sohaya set. Then forged a divine tonfas and got it to +1 for remoleding. Also yes! Like you mentioned you can now remodel for two stats, so I did Constitution A- and Courage A-. Now I just need to reforge for Attack Bonus A on one of those stats and I'll be good for damage output. I need to get some quality umbracite first to make it easier.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 08:03 PM   #87
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Started DLC #1 tonight - The Tengu's Disciple. I feel like I might be a bit over-leveled right now, ripped through the first mission pretty easily. But that's fine by me! I don't doubt its going to get tougher.

About that boss fight though - kind of familiar? LOL. When I saw it I nearly freaked out in panic, like PTSD. Turned out to be a good bit easier than Umi Bozu though. But I loved the design. So much cooler looking. I noticed there was another gimmick to the fight, having to do with the gong. I gave arrows to Benkei, but was not able to hit the gong during the fight. No matter what I did I could not hit it. So I just killed the boss the regular way, then after the fight I tried it again and hit it with a Yokai Ability and it worked! So I guess that was the trick? Wish I knew that before hand. I don't know what it was supposed to do. I guess maybe Benkei would fire arrows at the boss to help you. Or maybe like in the first game it helps limit the little crab mob enemies that spawn. I'll look it up later.

Other than that, I need to go back into the main game and finish some side missions. I still have a lot of upgrades locked in the Onmyo skill tree too, one of which grants faster casting but I need to unlock "The Nine Symbols" mission. Not sure how to yet. I assume need to get more proficiency with Onmyo but don't know how much.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 03:34 AM   #88
Lazy8s
One day at a time

PTSD

Nine symbols unlocks with experience like the others
Old Dec 14, 2021, 06:54 AM   #89
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
PTSD

Nine symbols unlocks with experience like the others
Figured as much. Haven't been using Onmyo as much as i did in the first game. Haven't really felt the need with yokai abilities being so powerful. Need to step it up.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 07:24 AM   #90
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Figured as much. Haven't been using Onmyo as much as i did in the first game. Haven't really felt the need with yokai abilities being so powerful. Need to step it up.
I’m not sure if you’re aware, but I just remembered, whatever you want to level, fighting tougher enemies levels experience much faster, and using non-imbued weapons with magic talismans counts heavily towards magic use. And (I don’t know why) but the Point Of No return mission is known and proven to level experience fast, as well as drop tons of smithing texts.