Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:18 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
battlefield 2042

They've basically said that developing a game from home is easy, finishing it is not.
Bf2042 was developed as another battle royals, but more than midway execs had a change of heart and decided to make it normal bf, and so in the rush to change the whole game you got that mess.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:00 PM   #152
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I think your just praying closer attention Och. Because it feels like the same ol' bs from here.

Plus look at Grove Street Games previous work on GTA stuff. It would have been surprising for this to turn out well.
Not saying that the remasted would've been great otherwise, but would've been less crappy for sure.
Och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:12 PM   #153
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Any gay actually boning this game? How you like it?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 15, 2021, 01:04 PM   #154
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
More like this is what happens when you give the job to a lackluster studio who also butchered the mobile ports.
this

Where is the QA team ? Probably zero QA team... because seeing these bugs people mentioning on youtube can easily be picked up in 5min game play.

Corporates trying to maximise $$$ without doing real work (AI upscaling the models etc... ahh.

Can see the exec rubbing their hands together. No real code change necessary , AI does everything, spend almost $0 on the release, but charge full price. Christmas bonuses for all)
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2021, 03:11 PM   #155
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Upside to it be UE is it's a very well understood engine. Modders already fixing, tweaking and modifying the game for the better.

https://www.pcgamer.com/modders-are-...-rain-already/

So as I be said earlier, could serve as a great new base for that stuff. Assuming Take2 stop being POS and let it happen.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2021, 04:37 PM   #156
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Upside to it be UE is it's a very well understood engine. Mixers already fixing, tweaking and modifying the game for the better.

https://www.pcgamer.com/modders-are-...-rain-already/

So as I be said earlier, could serve as a great new base for that stuff. Assuming Take2 stop being POS and let it happen.
I hate those white outlines of people and items in games. What a dumb concept for a game. I appreciate a game which gives you the option to turn it all off.

In the Hitman Trilogy I disabled everything so there is no HUD at all.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 08:12 PM   #157
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Any one else finding that GTA 3 GFX settings keep reverting after you start up the game?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:04 PM   #158
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think the graphics actually look worse than the originals. The art style looks all messed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2021, 03:03 AM   #159
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Any one else finding that GTA 3 GFX settings keep reverting after you start up the game?
Why are you playing this? Did you actually pay for this piece of **** and plan on actually playing it?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 03:09 AM   #160
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Why are you playing this? Did you actually pay for this piece of **** and plan on actually playing it?
Indeed
Old Nov 16, 2021, 04:27 PM   #161
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Cars get wider if you wiggle back and forth.

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2021, 07:01 PM   #162
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

What a cluster f#[email protected] this whole GTA remaster thing is turning out to be.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 08:20 PM   #163
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Personally... I'm replaying GTA:SA original with a remaster mod. Working like a charm

*edit* I also forgot how much depth this old GTA has put in. Almost RPG like, really enjoying the crap outta this

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Nov 17, 2021, 06:19 PM   #164
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Nov 17, 2021, 08:28 PM   #165
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

When IGN gives the game a 5/10 then it is un save able.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 08:51 PM   #166
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
When IGN gives the game a 5/10 then it is un save able.
The question will be, will Rockstar and/or Take Two fund Grove Street games to fix this mess? Or will we have to wait for free mods to save it?

Given the mobile ports this is based on where never really fully fixed/functional... I'm skeptical.

System:
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:10 PM   #167
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

why would they fix it? there isnt anything to fix. they spent 5 dollars having an ai build it, and then profited 5 million %. They easily made a **** ton of money from this scam.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:51 PM   #168
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
why would they fix it? there isnt anything to fix. they spent 5 dollars having an ai build it, and then profited 5 million %. They easily made a **** ton of money from this scam.
Because it hurts Rockstar and the GTA franchise. This is going down as a worse release than Cyberpunk. If they don't at least try and fix some of the crap in these remasters the blow back will be large. Especially if they plan to do any more remasters.

System:
Old Nov 18, 2021, 01:28 AM   #169
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Because it hurts Rockstar and the GTA franchise. This is going down as a worse release than Cyberpunk. If they don't at least try and fix some of the crap in these remasters the blow back will be large. Especially if they plan to do any more remasters.
blizzard did the exact same thing with warcraft 3 remaster. Literally did nothing afterwards, just left it as a piece of trash, and it didnt hurt them at all.

take two can 100% just sweep it under the rug, and in 6 months no one will remember it. Unless gta 4 remaster is just as ****, in which case in a year no one will remember either of them. Everyone will still buy gta 6.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 03:00 AM   #170
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yea.. lets see if they fix this crap. I'm not spending a cent on this till all is fixed.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2021, 04:15 AM   #171
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

of course they won't fix anything

as shadow already pointed out, people already bought that pile of sh*t as they always do. It's always funny to see people rage and scream and get mad and all and then still buy. Why people never learn to vote with their wallet is really completely beyond me. (same goes for epic, steam,etc.) Takes all the credibility away.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2021, 05:01 PM   #172
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Probably to be expected but I'm more disappointed they took the originals down and went after the modding community.

What a **** thing to do to make people buy their game.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2021, 05:44 PM   #173
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0Griever View Post
Probably to be expected but I'm more disappointed they took the originals down and went after the modding community.

What a **** thing to do to make people buy their game.
SEO rules the world

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2021, 08:28 AM   #174
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Rockstar Games' Reputation is in Serious Jeopardy

Take-Two stock falls more than 5% after Rockstar Games has ‘Grand Theft Auto’ trouble

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/g...n/user-reviews

Quote:
User Score

Overwhelming dislike based on 4614 Ratings
User score distribution:

Positive: 145 out of 4614
Mixed: 60 out of 4614
Negative: 4,409
I'm not sure they can leave it as it is and move along.

System:
Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:11 AM   #175
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

Man I wish Rockstar had some balls and said: here are the old games back in our stores, we're pulling the Definitive Edition, and coming back Christmas next year. Kinda like what Microsoft did when Halo: Infinite looked like poo at E3 last year. Releasing a beta and spending half a year fixing it with a dozen patches? No thanks, take back your mess and fix it before charging for it.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 06:16 PM   #176
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...pdate-20211119

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar
A Note from the Rockstar Games Team RE: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition
November 19, 2021

Hi everyone,

We want to provide an update regarding the unexpected technical issues that came to light as part of the launch of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition.

Firstly, we want to sincerely apologize to everyone who has encountered issues playing these games.

The Grand Theft Auto series — and the games that make up this iconic trilogy — are as special to us as we know they are to fans around the world. The updated versions of these classic games did not launch in a state that meets our own standards of quality, or the standards our fans have come to expect.

We have ongoing plans to address the technical issues and to improve each game going forward. With each planned update, the games will reach the level of quality that they deserve to be.

A new Title Update is on the way in the coming days for all versions of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition that will address a number of issues. We will update everyone as soon as it is live.

In the meantime, it pains us to mention that we are hearing reports of members of the development teams being harassed on social media. We would kindly ask our community to please maintain a respectful and civil discourse around this release as we work through these issues.

While one of the goals of the Definitive Editions was to allow players to enjoy these games on modern platforms for many years to come, we also understand that some of you would still like to have the previous classic versions available for purchase.

We will be adding the classic PC versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas back to the Rockstar Store shortly as a bundle. Additionally, everyone who has purchased Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PC from the Rockstar Store through June 30, 2022, will receive these classic versions in their Rockstar Games Launcher library at no additional cost. We will update everyone as soon as these are back in the Rockstar Store.

Once again, we'd like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding while we work through these updates to ensure these games meet everyone's justifiably high standards.

Sincerely,
Rockstar Games
I'll wait and see. Because allot needs to be addressed/fixed.

System:
Old Nov 19, 2021, 08:54 PM   #177
KAC

Why should I pay again for the classic versions when I have them on Steam?
What a way to cash grab even further and try to increase utilization of their store. Motherf…
Old Nov 19, 2021, 09:13 PM   #178
Megaman
Packing heat!

Who said you had to?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 09:14 PM   #179
KAC

Their post almost seems like it. It is a sneaky way to earn more from an IP that was quite irrelevant today in terms of people playing it.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:34 PM   #180
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

I still have all three original versions in my Rockstar launcher available to download.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote