Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 14, 2021, 01:41 PM   #19171
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I didn't know there was a director's cut. I watched the one that's in this package: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F6X4MY1
Theatrical cut, Drirector's Cut is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Pic...06428611&psc=1

Coming next year in remastered 4K.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/news/...-edition-clip/

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 02:54 PM   #19172
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Theatrical cut, Drirector's Cut is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Pic...06428611&psc=1

Coming next year in remastered 4K.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/news/...-edition-clip/
I watched through a comparison of the separate versions on youtube. You're right, that the Director's Cut is alot better... although it doesn't really fix some of the stupid stuff at the end. There's still quite a bit that doesn't work.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 03:26 PM   #19173
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I watched through a comparison of the separate versions on youtube. You're right, that the Director's Cut is alot better... although it doesn't really fix some of the stupid stuff at the end. There's still quite a bit that doesn't work.
Honestly TMP is the most Star Trek movie of them all. High concepts that no other movie in the franchise went after. Not for everyone, I get that.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 14, 2021, 04:56 PM   #19174
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Honestly TMP is the most Star Trek movie of them all. High concepts that no other movie in the franchise went after. Not for everyone, I get that.
Honestly I think they should have either gone with Voyager 6 returning to Earth, or man melding with machine into a higher life form, but squishing them together didn't work well.

One particular problem was the part where Captain Decker says "I want to join with the machine! I want this, as badly as you wanted the enterprise!" That decision needed to be set up WAAAAAY better. Throughout the film, he's set up as sortof a younger version of Kirk, wanting nothing more than to be a starship captain, despite his somewhat rough personality. They should have written into his character some desire to be seeking communion with a higher power, or wanting to know the mysteries of the universe, or something like that to justify his choice at the end. Or they could have gone another direction and focused on how desperately he loved Ilia, and this would be his one chance to be with her. Either one would have EARNED the final story beat... although I'm still not sure it would have fully worked.

If I could rewrite the ending, I would have just left it with them transmitting the code and satisfying V'Ger to leave Earth alone (similar to the end of Star Trek 4). V'Ger could sent them a ton of valuable info about the planets in the galaxy, and they could say "Our scientists will be analyzing this for centuries!", then V'Ger says "Thanks, now that my mission is complete I can go explore higher dimensions", and then disappeared. Maybe robot Ilia gets left behind, and can start to rekindle her relationship with Captain Decker? I think that ending would have had plenty of that "sense of wonder" that they were going for, without biting off more than they could chew. Then Dr. McCoy, rather than saying his dumb line about birthing a new baby lifeform, could say something about sending the kid off to college.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Oct 14, 2021, 05:54 PM   #19175
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Honestly I think they should have either gone with Voyager 6 returning to Earth, or man melding with machine into a higher life form, but squishing them together didn't work well.

One particular problem was the part where Captain Decker says "I want to join with the machine! I want this, as badly as you wanted the enterprise!" That decision needed to be set up WAAAAAY better. Throughout the film, he's set up as sortof a younger version of Kirk, wanting nothing more than to be a starship captain, despite his somewhat rough personality. They should have written into his character some desire to be seeking communion with a higher power, or wanting to know the mysteries of the universe, or something like that to justify his choice at the end. Or they could have gone another direction and focused on how desperately he loved Ilia, and this would be his one chance to be with her. Either one would have EARNED the final story beat... although I'm still not sure it would have fully worked.

If I could rewrite the ending, I would have just left it with them transmitting the code and satisfying V'Ger to leave Earth alone (similar to the end of Star Trek 4). V'Ger could sent them a ton of valuable info about the planets in the galaxy, and they could say "Our scientists will be analyzing this for centuries!", then V'Ger says "Thanks, now that my mission is complete I can go explore higher dimensions", and then disappeared. Maybe robot Ilia gets left behind, and can start to rekindle her relationship with Captain Decker? I think that ending would have had plenty of that "sense of wonder" that they were going for, without biting off more than they could chew. Then Dr. McCoy, rather than saying his dumb line about birthing a new baby lifeform, could say something about sending the kid off to college.

Gotta say, loved the spoiler tag for a movie from '79.

yoz
Old Oct 15, 2021, 05:06 PM   #19176
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
better be on the safe side before one of our Karens gets his/her panties in a bunch

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2021, 07:57 PM   #19177
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
better be on the safe side before one of our Karens gets his/her panties in a bunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone, probably
I saw "Le Voyage dans la Lune" (1902). It was cool that they brought back to earth one of the Moon-men. The effects were pretty solid, too, though it felt a bit slow in some parts. Overall, recommended.

Put it in spoilers! I demand to speak to your manager!!!
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2021, 09:29 PM   #19178
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Geez I wasn't even conceived yet!

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:20 PM   #19179
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Geez I wasn't even conceived yet!
You were…
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2021, 06:22 PM   #19180
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Watched two movies: There's Someone Inside Your House and Halloween Kills.

Liked both but liked Halloween Kills more. I liked Halloween Kills quite a bit more than the 2018 movie. Less humor (which I liked) with some really brutal stuff/kills. Looking forward to Halloween Ends.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2021, 06:25 PM   #19181
acroig
Troll SMod

No Time To Die (first post-pandemic in theater). 7/10

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Oct 16, 2021 at 08:25 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 07:57 PM   #19182
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Damn must feel good to break that ice... Im gonna try and catch Dune (again) on the big screen (also first time since pandemic) once the lockdown is done in a week just in time for its release.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2021, 12:33 AM   #19183
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The Suicide Squad: 7 laughs out of 10 brutal kills.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 18, 2021, 04:56 AM   #19184
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

No Time to Die... perfect capstone.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 05:37 AM   #19185
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

The suicide squad. Exactly what i expected. 1/10

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Last edited by Silent-Runner : Oct 18, 2021 at 06:13 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 06:12 AM   #19186
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Dune. White boy goes after a black girl in the desert/10.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 06:33 AM   #19187
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Suicide Squad 2021

4/10

for the millenials that have a disengaded brain from birth

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 07:27 AM   #19188
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I just realized that I have not seen a bond movie since the Pierce Bronson 007 movies.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 07:37 AM   #19189
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
I just realized that I have not seen a bond movie since the Pierce Bronson 007 movies.

they kinda lost their magic long time ago. They're not bad per se, it's just that there are hundreds of movies like that, so they no longer stand out of the mass. I really loved the early ones back then. But lately i find most of them very much 'meh'.

Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:21 AM   #19190
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Watched two movies: There's Someone Inside Your House and Halloween Kills.

Liked both but liked Halloween Kills more. I liked Halloween Kills quite a bit more than the 2018 movie. Less humor (which I liked) with some really brutal stuff/kills. Looking forward to Halloween Ends.
Huh????????? This movie was a total comedy.

Halloween Kills (The Comedy) - 2 boners/10
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 01:31 PM   #19191
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Looking forward to Halloween Ends
So am I...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 18, 2021, 02:02 PM   #19192
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Huh????????? This movie was a total comedy.

Halloween Kills (The Comedy) - 2 boners/10
Intentional or unintentional comedy? There was definitely less humor than the 2018 movie. I was just there for the kills and Halloween atmosphere.

Edit: I did find the following kill funny where Michael Myers swings open the car door on the woman shooting at him making her accidently shoot herself in the head.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Last edited by Kain : Oct 18, 2021 at 02:08 PM.
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 02:14 AM   #19193
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Injustice.

It's a DC Animation movie of the Injustice comics. It's pretty good. Not as good as the comics but they had to change a lot to fit it in movie form. The comics are MUCH better.

I liked it though. I'd give it a 7.5~8/10.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 03:22 AM   #19194
KAC
It might be gays!

I thought injustice was the weakest animation to come out of DC recently. Also it has been universally panned. What did you like about it? All the characters were completely out of character for being Justice League.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 03:13 PM   #19195
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Free Guy

It was entertaining. 7/10
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 03:40 PM   #19196
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I thought injustice was the weakest animation to come out of DC recently. Also it has been universally panned. What did you like about it? All the characters were completely out of character for being Justice League.
I thought that the premise was still sound. The only problem that I had with it was that the comics were so well loved and had a ton of stuff in them. It was going to be hard to fit all that happened in the comics into one movie. So some things were left out. The main concepts though were left in just with different characters doing the lines and actions.

Granted, there were character motivations that were glossed over in the movie where you had pages of the decision making processes in the comics. So in the movie it looks like one character goes from A to B quickly. But if they actually did the movie as a straight visualization of the comics it would have taken 3 or 4 movies to fill.

But, honestly, they have done the same thing with every movie that they have. They have to cut stuff and change stuff to make it fit in that format.

The main problem here is that Injustice was so damn good in Comic format that no matter what DC Animation did, it would be hated by the fans.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #19197
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Halloween Kills. I've seen scarier things in my toilet after a night of Taco Bell.

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #19198
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeavis View Post
Halloween Kills. I've seen scarier things in my toilet after a night of Taco Bell.
, ROFL! +rep

yoz
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #19199
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Dune - 8/10. Very good, but only half the story. Gotta wait 2-3 years for the rest, I guess.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #19200
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Dune - 8/10. Very good, but only half the story. Gotta wait 2-3 years for the rest, I guess.
We’re going to watch it tomorrow night, can’t wait.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote