Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default STALKER(1st one) or Assassin Creed?

I think I may pick a game up off of Steam tonight and narrowed it down to thses 2. From my take on user reviews, Stalker takes the cake with nearly no bad review(par from some performance bugs). AC is no slouch either though. From user reviews it seems like it can get repetitive though. Stalker is $10 cheaper also.
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:26 PM   #2
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:41 PM   #3
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Stalker.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:47 PM   #4
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

That's early in the game. I hate those damn dogs. Especially at night! The end levels are pretty spectacular. If you like difficult open ended game player. Stalker is the winner by a long shot!
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:54 PM   #5
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
That's early in the game. I hate those damn dogs. Especially at night! The end levels are pretty spectacular. If you like difficult open ended game player. Stalker is the winner by a long shot!
yeah, just past the bridge with the soldiers .

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:03 PM   #6
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

get assassin's creed like I did as a used/new copy from amazon, I got one for $18 few weeks ago:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...0133735&sr=8-2
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:05 PM   #7
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Stalker hand down. You could wander a month in Stalker, whereas AC you could wander an after noon and get bored.

Last edited by JonZ : Aug 30, 2008 at 05:25 PM.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:39 PM   #8
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ok, let me ask you guys this then. How would you pit Stalker vs HL2? I enjoyed HL2 a lot but I havent beat it yet. I think I'm close but I just ended up getting uninterested for some reason towards the end. I bought the orange box version though so I know theres lots of game left with the expansions but for whatever reason am craving something different. Or maybe it's I just cant stay interested in games any more
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:42 PM   #9
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

I am still playing through Stalker, and it is truly the PC gamers PC game. Quite excellent, and truly tense and scary.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:47 PM   #10
FirewolfX
Radeon R200

FirewolfX is still being judged by the masses

Stalker + Oblivion Lost mod
FirewolfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:56 PM   #11
Sir Duke
Radeon R700

Sir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

stalker for sure, I'm playing through it right now. I'm on the second trader so far, good game play, variety of missions.
Sir Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:07 PM   #12
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

ok, just picked it up off steam

btw, while researching I kept seeing "Oblivion Lost mod". What is it exactly?

N/M, just read up on it.

Last edited by Tyr-Sog : Aug 30, 2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:09 PM   #13
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirewolfX View Post
Stalker + Oblivion Lost mod
Went to check out the change log of the Oblivion Lost mod version 2.2 and he included a HUGE spoiler. .. awesome....
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:10 PM   #14
Lifestealer
Radeon R520

Lifestealer is still being judged by the masses

You made a good choice. Plus you can always get The Orange Box later
Lifestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:12 PM   #15
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Thinking about getting this too...

Does AA work on this game?

How long of a game is it?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:15 PM   #16
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifestealer View Post
You made a good choice. Plus you can always get The Orange Box later
Well I have the Orange Box now. Played HL2 just about to the end but lost interest in it for some reason., Never made it to Ep 1 or 2. It just felt like it was getting repetitive a little I guess.

To be fair though, my PC did fry and i didnt bother fixing it for a month orr two. Maybe it took me out of the mood for HL2.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:17 PM   #17
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Thinking about getting this too...

Does AA work on this game?

How long of a game is it?

From what I read, AA works with NV cards. But being an older game it my have been older user reviews I was reading and maybe it's fixed now for ATI.

I've read up to a 100 hours of gameplay with different endings. So theres good replay value.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:20 PM   #18
Lifestealer
Radeon R520

Lifestealer is still being judged by the masses

Well I think Hl2 is not that good well above average but still inferior to Half-Life. The episodes are better tough. The content is tighter(and shorter). Episode 1 is a fun ride and 2 is even better. Addicted to TF2 yet or got bored of it too?

And yes I really like HL1 better than HL2. The AI is HL2 just isnt interesting like it was in the 1st and other games like Far Cry or even Stalker all games that gave me more challenge and surprising NPC reactions.
Lifestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:29 PM   #19
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifestealer View Post
Well I think Hl2 is not that good well above average but still inferior to Half-Life. The episodes are better tough. The content is tighter(and shorter). Episode 1 is a fun ride and 2 is even better. Addicted to TF2 yet or got bored of it too?

And yes I really like HL1 better than HL2. The AI is HL2 just isnt interesting like it was in the 1st and other games like Far Cry or even Stalker all games that gave me more challenge and surprising NPC reactions.

I haven't really got in to TF2 yet. I played a few times. Was a little turned off at first by the graphics but they started to grow on me. Anamation is funny at least. There's just too much going on and I haven't really had the time to get in to it to figure it out. Seems ok though.

HL2 was good, really sucked me in for most of it but I just found myslef towards the end(and I damn near close i think) just want'ing it to end. I thought the vehicel scenes went on a little to long also.

I really need to finish it up and move on to ep 1 and 2, etc.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 09:43 PM   #20
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Is there any way to tell if I got the Oblvion mod working right?
Old Aug 31, 2008, 07:58 AM   #21
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ah, says "Lost Oblivion" right on the opening screen. lol

Kinda sucks you cant use AA with high lighting enabled. Also I added Float 32 and Sharper and I'm not sure if i like it as much. Well Float really didnt look like it changed anything(so maybe subtle), but sharper just makes it too sharp imo.

Should have just left it vanilla
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:07 AM   #22
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

yes you should have.

The mod is nice and all, but it does change the atmoshphere and for the first couple of run throughs i suggest you leave it vanilla.

With the exception of one little mod. The trader mod . All weapons available (FOR A PRICE DO NOT GET ME WRONG ) You will not have the uber weapons in the beginning but for me i liked the game a lot better with the mod .

Of course i had played through it at ease already, but that's the one mod i would install ..

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:31 PM   #23
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

STALKER is a tedious game for tedious people. If someone wants more elaboration that, look up my previous posts on the subject.

I would recommend Assassin's Creed, just don't play from beginning to end in one or two sittings or yes you will burn out on it. It is a game that is very entertaining when played in moderatation over time.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:50 PM   #24
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

I would have finished STALKER long ago if it wasn't for all of it's anoying glitches and lame mission system.

It isn't really fun to hike miles to defend a position then hike all the way to the trader for your crap reward. Then when you finally get back for the story missions, the trader askes you for for another mission that you've already done. And you've got a time limit to do it in. Rinse and repeat.

Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2008, 12:04 AM   #25
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedroid View Post
STALKER is a tedious game for tedious people.
Yes... well... I dislike whatever game you like then.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 08:11 AM   #26
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0Griever View Post
I would have finished STALKER long ago if it wasn't for all of it's anoying glitches and lame mission system.

It isn't really fun to hike miles to defend a position then hike all the way to the trader for your crap reward. Then when you finally get back for the story missions, the trader askes you for for another mission that you've already done. And you've got a time limit to do it in. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe that's what the Lost Oblivion mod changes?

I dunno if i should start the game with that mod or not.

As of now I have that mod and float 32 loaded up, seems to run good.

More say to install the mod then not it seems but I've always been one not to use mods the first time around.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 11:09 PM   #27
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
Ah, says "Lost Oblivion" right on the opening screen. lol

Kinda sucks you cant use AA with high lighting enabled. Also I added Float 32 and Sharper and I'm not sure if i like it as much. Well Float really didnt look like it changed anything(so maybe subtle), but sharper just makes it too sharp imo.

Should have just left it vanilla
Just wanted to note nVidia can force AA from CP in Stalker but the frame rate hit is strong. I played through at 2xAA on my 8800GTX.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 06:30 AM   #28
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Just wanted to note nVidia can force AA from CP in Stalker but the frame rate hit is strong. I played through at 2xAA on my 8800GTX.
Yea, I seen that. I first tried at 4x and it was a slide slow. 2x on my system was still a bit sluggish and more then likely not playable. Looks so much better though

I only got as far as getting my first assignment from the trader guy so not much time invested in this game yet.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:46 AM   #29
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

why haven't i got stalker yet?
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:24 PM   #30
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
why haven't i got stalker yet?
you answer that question with your posts every day
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote