Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:49 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Having To Eat Humble Pie

Well for those that know me you will know there is only one thing I truly hate in the computer world, that is Google. I feel they are hypocritical and even to the point of dishonest.

So when I was asked to look at Google Calendar by a friend I really wanted to say no, Google bad. However he needed some help so I decided to give it a go.

I now must admit that I have fallen in love with the Google Applications.

Chrome is a FAST browser that has worked perfect with every site I have tried. GMail and Calendar work great and the Calendar will even sync in real time to my Windows Mobile Phone. Something my Live Calendar will not do, even when I use it through Outlook.

Heck I even like the iGoogle page which lets you make your own banner pics.

So it is with a mouth full of humble pie and a side order of crow I admit I have been googlized.

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:00 AM   #2
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisler View Post
So it is with a mouth full of humble pie and a side order of crow I admit I have been googlized.
, what's next, a Mac?
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Aaaggghhhh Nnnooooo

#SapphireNation
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:15 PM   #4
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Funny reading this thread, because I've seen myself doing exactly the opposite lately; meaning moving away from Google apps and using Windows Live more. 25GB of space for Photos is a winner (plus I can easily upload stuff via Windows Live Gallery), MyPhone is excellent in backing up my Windows Mobile Touch Diamond, Windows Live Writer is excellent for blog posts and that's what I use, and Windows Live Mesh keeps my various PCs in sync.

At some point I want to create only one set of contacts, that will be common for my phone, Windows Live and Google contacts; that'd rule.

Sacriledge?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:55 PM   #6
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

I agree on the Live Essential software. In particular I love Writer and think it is an awesome software package. What really disapoints me is the lack of support from Live for Windows Mobile.

Right now the ONLY way to sync my Q is with Outlook. I cannot use Live nor Vista Calendar. In fact it gets worse, I can use Outlook to get my Live Calendar but I cannot sync it with my phone unless it is a pure Outlook Calendar.

Enter Google Calendar, it took about 30 seconds to get it to synch with my phone WITHOUT having to use Outlook. But wait I can also sync with Outlook and Google Calendar.

This means I can use Google Calendar at home and get the changes at the office in Outlook and on my phone within seconds. You would think Live would do this since it is through Microsoft tecgnology Google is making this work.

#SapphireNation
Old Apr 22, 2009, 04:30 AM   #7
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Yeah I know, that fuctionality is lacking atm but they are getting there, they are adding new stuff all the time. When they get Outlook out of the picture (which will probably happen once MyPhone gets out of beta) I'll be a happy bird.