Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 22, 2015, 05:46 PM   #1621
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
are the patches making the cut-scenes jittery?
No. It's your system. Time for a new build.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 05:48 PM   #1622
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Oh Dungeon...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 05:59 PM   #1623
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
...probably need to swap-out all my standard hdd's. however it could be a double-buffered vsync issue.

edit - disabling in-game vsync in favor of control panel + triple buffering ftw!

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Apr 22, 2015 at 06:52 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 22, 2015, 06:53 PM   #1624
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Is the extended shadow distance option blocked for anyone else? Not even selectable for me, faded out.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 07:03 PM   #1625
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra 204 View Post
Is the extended shadow distance option blocked for anyone else? Not even selectable for me, faded out.
I think this option relies on a certain "other" option to be enabled.

I think I have to agree with Dave that TXAA actually makes the game look better , in my case it looks clearer, especially outdoors. I still think it blurs things, noticeable in interiors but with FXAA, MSAA X4 and TXAA X4 it gets my thumbs up.

Last edited by Megaman : Apr 22, 2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 08:10 PM   #1626
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra 204 View Post
Shadow quality would have to be set to very high or ultra for that setting to be changeable.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 08:31 PM   #1627
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
are the patches making the cut-scenes jittery?
Idk, happening to me too. Wasn't happening earlier that I remember.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:05 PM   #1628
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

so full screen stopped working on the latest patch for me

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:26 PM   #1629
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

that was mean, but funny nonetheless.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2015, 07:17 AM   #1630
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

How are peoples experiences with online, I only just played some mp over the last few days as my first loot into any online version of GTA and apart from open world server full of people part of the game the rest of the match making stuff just sucks.

Auto match making where you are ripped from your world onto a loading screen then dumped into a lobby that is mostly empty and never to fill up, match starts, match finishes sometimes, ripped out of world for a loading screen.

That is what happens when the service works correctly, if it breaks you could be sitting above the clouds for a good 10 minutes if you don't end task it, because to tries loading the server but fails they tries loading your last server and also fails which leads to ping pong of loading screens and zero gameplay in between.

I am honestly completely turned off loading into multiplayer unless its simply for the open world run around with a group and be a dick to everyone mode.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2015, 08:52 AM   #1631
abdecken5
Rage3D Veteran

abdecken5 is still being judged by the masses

online has been working alright for me since launch, which is quite good for a gamer this popular. It does takes a few minutes to connect, especially the 1st time.
abdecken5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2015, 09:14 AM   #1632
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaillum Malord View Post
Shadow quality would have to be set to very high or ultra for that setting to be changeable.
Figured as much. But my computer goes into cardiac arrest when I raise shadows above high. Crazy since the game goes from smooth as buttah to single frames from high to very high. Well my fault for being cheap and not spending the extra $30 at the time for the 4gb version of my card.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:11 AM   #1633
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Two days to download lol. Crazy.

Only played it a few minutes. Left alt, click. Left alt, click! Switch the dang character man!!! Looks great but feels buggy / sluggish. Was using keyboard/mouse, but maybe I should use my 360 controller instead.

Last edited by Lupine : Apr 23, 2015 at 10:33 AM.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:30 AM   #1634
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I bought this today off Steam...

59 GB's

I don't think I will be playing today.
Wait till you fully patch it....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:36 AM   #1635
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I bought this today off Steam...

59 GB's

I don't think I will be playing today.
Took me two days +. Granted, was having to pause in the evenings so the phone (voip), streaming (roku), and light browsing were all functional.

Also, steam ... was surprised my GMG license wouldn't register on Steam.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:36 AM   #1636
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post

that was mean, but funny nonetheless.
...my system didnt come from a magical unicorns arse.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:39 PM   #1637
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Also, steam ... was surprised my GMG license wouldn't register on Steam.
Two versions of the game, the Steam version and the Rockstar Social Club one.

yoz
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:49 PM   #1638
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Two versions of the game, the Steam version and the Rockstar Social Club one.
Yeah, its a shame. I really appreciate being able to add games to my steam library, even if purchased elsewhere. Was nice to save a few bucks, but the convenience cost is very present.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:51 PM   #1639
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Yeah, its a shame. I really appreciate being able to add games to my steam library, even if purchased elsewhere. Was nice to save a few bucks, but the convenience cost is very present.
Right. On the upside the Rockstar version did not need to be unpacked so gained some time there.

yoz
Old Apr 23, 2015, 01:17 PM   #1640
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Two days to download lol. Crazy.

Only played it a few minutes. Left alt, click. Left alt, click! Switch the dang character man!!! Looks great but feels buggy / sluggish. Was using keyboard/mouse, but maybe I should use my 360 controller instead.
this was my status after 12 hours

still 17 hours to go.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:10 AM   #1641
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm to a point in the game that it simply crashes over and over when I try to play. Something about failed zlab and I should reinstall. It took me 4+ days to install it the first time.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:13 AM   #1642
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
I'm to a point in the game that it simply crashes over and over when I try to play. Something about failed zlab and I should reinstall. It took me 4+ days to install it the first time.
Sounds like your Soundblaster Z/Creative background processor for your audio. Perhaps, update it if it needs one or kill it off.

BTW, you sure its zlab? Not zlib? If it's the latter, verify integrity of files or repair it from the disc if you have the retail version.

Last edited by Megaman : Apr 24, 2015 at 12:18 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:29 AM   #1643
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Sounds like your Soundblaster Z/Creative background processor for your audio. Perhaps, update it if it needs one or kill it off.

BTW, you sure its zlab? Not zlib? If it's the latter, verify integrity of files or repair it from the disc if you have the retail version.

Yeah you right, zlib.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:30 AM   #1644
Megaman
Packing heat!

Yeah, I'd repair the game first.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:33 AM   #1645
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Quote:
Yeah, I'd repair the game first.
Not sure how. Don't have steam version.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:36 AM   #1646
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Chuck in the one of the discs, I think the option will be within the disc.

Quote:
Error "ERR_GEN_ZLIB_2 Failed zlib call. Please reboot or reinstall the game"
This error means GTA V PC installation data is corrupt and as the error says, that you need to restart the game to fix this error but just restarting won't fix this GTA V PC error.

To fix it you need to repair the installation files which you can do by inserting installation discs and selecting Repair option or if you have downloaded the GTA V from Steam then use the "Verify Game Cache" option to repair the GTA V installation files.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:42 AM   #1647
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Quote:
Chuck in the one of the discs, I think the option will be within the disc.
I don't have any disks.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:43 AM   #1648
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Gays, I turned on AF in CP and turned it off in game. Also turned on PCSS shadows and HOLY CARP!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:48 AM   #1649
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
I don't have any disks.
Rockstar addition? You should be able to repair it from the "setup tool" exe in the GTA V. Have a gander around in the directories you should find it or it is called something else.

Last edited by Megaman : Apr 24, 2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:54 AM   #1650
Ciera
Bueno

Ciera is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
if you get zlib errors there's a problem with one or more of the files you downloaded. rockstar's downloader is hilariously bad at checking if downloaded files are complete and rather than release an update to more precisely identify bad downloads they suggest users repeatedly re-download the whole game to resolve zlib errors. as if downloading it a second time is supposed to be error free when the downloader itself is unable to pick up these errors in the first place.

anyways to get around having to redownload the whole game: check the hash value of the largest files in your game folder against valid files.

Quote:
x64a.rpf - 683610e269ba60c5fcc7a9f6d1a8bfd5
x64b.rpf - 70af24cd4fe2c8ee58edb902f018a558
x64c.rpf - 2a0f6f1c35ad567fe8e56b9c9cc4e4c6
x64d.rpf - c8757b052ab5079c7749bcce02538b2e
x64e.rpf - e5416c0b0000dad4014e0c5e9b878ff9
x64f.rpf - 5c6fc965d56ae6d422cd6cbe5a65a3a5
x64g.rpf - 1d8a64b337c3e07dffec0f53530cdb8e
x64h.rpf - fe657d9282df303b080c3a2f6771c9ea
x64i.rpf - bb271d313467465d62c75e208236487b
x64j.rpf - 143deee4c7699b9f07ef21d43ae0915b
x64k.rpf - da2c88b4ca69c99a86868a9433084a9d
x64l.rpf - f4307b005a3e90192f235959621781d1
x64m.rpf - a1304d84875747aa7405465d37d3c6fb
x64n.rpf - c48a14fe1c301360a16e8b0c5472fd1d
x64o.rpf - 6715a4eabbbc8868f15630bf917db49a
x64p.rpf - 6ad56befada1db7cccd9cea7834c825b
x64q.rpf - ff6d09527d7fdc005d3fa78435e09c8a
x64r.rpf - 1465c9da5cc17b68f14915b6c1d815bc
x64s.rpf - 2c6e61201eb4f60d5c3c1e9ae6d67a32
x64t.rpf - 4c15a54a4c9573d7a0bcfa4689d9d1ed
x64u.rpf - 2c9cff0cc5f99ad2218e4c4de39881b7
x64v.rpf - db647120263d0282b6f6c555f6112a1c
x64w.rpf - 46a4abe50bfc78c30c0173d888cf2c4a
delete any files that don't match and then bring up the launcher to have it try downloading them a second time. be sure to re-check the hash value of the files you replace as it might take a few redownloads.
Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote