Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 29, 2020, 07:50 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Vancouver airport

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Last edited by Shapeshifter : Jan 29, 2020 at 08:26 AM.
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:27 AM   #152
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Old Jan 29, 2020, 01:25 PM   #153
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have some questions

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 29, 2020, 01:32 PM   #154
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeavis View Post

I have some questions

Umm.. apparently dead wild animals are ok?

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 01:45 PM   #155
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Umm.. apparently dead wild animals are ok?
Dead animals don't bite, you could get an infection.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 01:46 PM   #156
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

How would one have sex with a bat? Asking for a friend.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 01:49 PM   #157
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
How would one have sex with a bat? Asking for a friend.
That moment when the first post you see ....is this...rage3d
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 02:42 PM   #158
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

an hour ago
WHO puts total cases at above 6,000

The World Health Organization has put the total number of infected people at more than 6,000.

There are 6,065 cases worldwide, all but some 70 in China, with 132 deaths in China - according to the agency's latest figures.

"The continued increase in cases and the evidence of human-to-human transmission outside China are of course both deeply concerning. Although the numbers outside China are still relatively small, they hold the potential for a much larger outbreak," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.

-=-=-

This puts the number of infected above SARS total run already.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 02:59 PM   #159
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Odd that the FDA is slapping the makers of Purell on the wrist for stating that using it can help prevent disease, yet all the signs and recommendations include using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

Wonder what'll happen if it appears in the other billion+ countries in the area with entire areas that are, to put it bluntly, underdeveloped.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 03:34 PM   #160
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
Dead animals don't bite, you could get an infection.

Sounds good... but you're also ok to have protected sex with live wild animals. They don't bite if you wear a condom?

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 03:35 PM   #161
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:

I have some questions
So like... that's not real right?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 03:51 PM   #162
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
It's on the Internet. It must be true!
Old Jan 29, 2020, 04:08 PM   #163
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Sounds good... but you're also ok to have protected sex with live wild animals. They don't bite if you wear a condom?
They are pretty chill when they know they won't have KAC animal babies growing inside them
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 04:37 PM   #164
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
The original said contact instead of sex.

That's the Alabama version of the poster.

Old Jan 29, 2020, 06:19 PM   #165
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

China Demands Apology From Danish Newspaper Over Virus Cartoon

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-dem...080719736.html

Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 06:32 PM   #166
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Rage3d should update the location flag to reflect that.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Last edited by 0091/2 : Jan 29, 2020 at 07:25 PM.
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 06:55 PM   #167
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

The truth hurts.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 07:12 PM   #168
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I want one

maybe some N95 masks with that on them
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 07:41 PM   #169
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

anyone wane a beer

Old Jan 29, 2020, 07:46 PM   #170
Notbilly
not here

Notbilly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
anyone wane a beer

Yeah, Corona-virus sounds like what everyone has the day after the Super Bowl when they call in sick!
Notbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 08:10 PM   #171
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notbilly View Post
Yeah, Corona-virus sounds like what everyone has the day after the Super Bowl when they call in sick!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:27 PM   #172
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM   #173
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengin View Post
Odd that the FDA is slapping the makers of Purell on the wrist for stating that using it can help prevent disease, yet all the signs and recommendations include using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

Wonder what'll happen if it appears in the other billion+ countries in the area with entire areas that are, to put it bluntly, underdeveloped.
Well alcohol only works on bacteria and even that is gaining resistance to it like for antibiotics. They are 'crafty' little ****ers no doubt. But its still a good idea to use it as a hand sanitizer when good old soap and water isnt available and a situation makes the need for it timely.

Unless this virus has a much longer incubation period in most people it seems its already petering out. Considering the population basin where its reared its head its had very few infected.

OAN I find it very odd the chinese gov came out so strongly so early in the outbreak. I cant put my finger on it but it feels like they are using it or wanted to use it as an opportunity for something. Maybe related to Hong Kong I dont know...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:22 AM   #174
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Well alcohol only works on bacteria and even that is gaining resistance to it like for antibiotics. They are 'crafty' little ****ers no doubt. But its still a good idea to use it as a hand sanitizer when good old soap and water isnt available and a situation makes the need for it timely.

Unless this virus has a much longer incubation period in most people it seems its already petering out. Considering the population basin where its reared its head its had very few infected.

OAN I find it very odd the chinese gov came out so strongly so early in the outbreak. I cant put my finger on it but it feels like they are using it or wanted to use it as an opportunity for something. Maybe related to Hong Kong I dont know...
they say 5 days to 2 weeks and you can spread it before symptoms show

and they have been doing a cover up from all reports
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/o...overnment.html

…………..
Quote:
More Than 7,700 Cases of Coronavirus Recorded Worldwide
Quote:
•China now has more cases of coronavirus than it had of SARS.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/w...rus-china.html
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:59 AM   #175
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The swine flu they did badly manage no doubt. Maybe they would have repressed this as long as they did swine flu had media not picked it up. I can see not wanting to cause a panic tho as flus are dime a dozen.

Still it felt a little early as number of infected was a couple dozen by Dec 31st. There was only one known infection on Dec 1st so hardly can make a call based on that. First death was only Jan 11th...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org

Last edited by pax : Jan 30, 2020 at 01:05 AM.
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2020, 02:32 AM   #176
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
How China can build a hospital for coronavirus patients in a week
Quote:
Huoshenshan Hospital, which broke ground on Jan. 24, is scheduled to be operational on Feb. 3, will have 1,000 beds and occupy a 269,000 sq. ft. lot in the edge of the city. With an equally ambitious timeline is Leishenshan Hospital, a 323,000-sq. ft, 1,300-bed facility slated to open two days later.
it seems to have them worked up now

https://qz.com/1792705/coronavirus-t...ilt-hospitals/

Old Jan 30, 2020, 04:05 AM   #177
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

I have some questions
With certain things, it's best to just move along and forget what you saw...
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2020, 07:21 AM   #178
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
it seems to have them worked up now

https://qz.com/1792705/coronavirus-t...ilt-hospitals/

[yt]yKn1MgCh_1A[yt]
After reading that article, it makes sense now. It's not a permanent hospital, just temporary pre-fab triage facility for treating new patients. Just like the one created in 2003 for the first SARS outbreak, which was abandoned after the outbreak was over.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 07:35 AM   #179
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

A large pharmaceutical company just sent out a note to its employees saying that if they recently travelled to China, to stay home for 14 days, and to call a Dr if they have flu symptoms, self-imposed quarantine in other words. With more and more airlines cancelling flights to China, economic impact will be felt soon. Wonder about the big cargo ships that are midway between China and their destination.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2020, 09:40 AM   #180
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Russia is closing their border to china.

Cruise ship off the coast of Italy is quarantined while they test a women.