Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jun 18, 2022, 08:44 PM   #6451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Ok not sure but I couldn’t see the other ones but could see this. Thanks for the fix.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2022, 01:02 AM   #6452
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

wired in an extra power socket since my crown vic only has the lighter plug

this time managed to do it without the usb charger portion blowing it's capacitors
Old Jul 3, 2022, 01:17 AM   #6453
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Some dirt bag Motherf destroyed my car so gave for repairs.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:59 AM   #6454
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Doesnt look too bad a pop out the ding and a quick buff on that should clear that out...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2022, 04:16 PM   #6455
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Doesnt look too bad a pop out the ding and a quick buff on that should clear that out...

nah, the car is totalled
He needs to buy a new one to replace it.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2022, 02:56 PM   #6456
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Wrapped the Tesla, painted the break calipers, added a spoiler and some decals!

Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2022, 05:39 PM   #6457
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

What did it cost to wrap?

Ill be on the lookout for you even though Im never in the Valley. It would be hard to not see a car that color coming.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2022, 06:54 PM   #6458
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
What did it cost to wrap?

Ill be on the lookout for you even though Im never in the Valley. It would be hard to not see a car that color coming.
3 grands for the wrap and breaks paint, $500 for the ceramic coating.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:17 PM   #6459
KAC
Whatever

You wrapped the car and ceramic coated it? How does that work?
I was thinking about ceramic coating my Porsche but Porsche center dudes keep recommending wrap instead.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:33 PM   #6460
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You wrapped the car and ceramic coated it? How does that work?
I was thinking about ceramic coating my Porsche but Porsche center dudes keep recommending wrap instead.
Yup; I wrapped the car and waited for a week for the wrap to “settle” then I took it back for ceramic coating.
The coating is necessary to add longevity to the wrap which will eventually fail and peel.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:09 AM   #6461
KAC
Whatever

I would rather just buy a new car then.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 08:51 AM   #6462
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Quote:
I would rather just buy a new car then.
That’s the plan; sell the car in 3-5 years and get a new one.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 08:55 AM   #6463
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I can almost see the blue glow on that from the East Coast

Looks SO clean
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2022, 07:11 AM   #6464
KAC
Whatever

Tried sport plus on my Porsche and hit 170 KM/H on a small street.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 04:39 PM   #6465
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Some dirt bag Motherf destroyed my car so gave for repairs.
That sucks!
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2022, 09:16 AM   #6466
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Wait, whut....your brand new car already got a scrape?
WTF!
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:17 AM   #6467
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Just the shitty ford, no one will notice on that car anyway

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2022, 09:05 PM   #6468
KAC
Whatever

lol wtf. Anyways it got repaired so it’s back to what it was now. Cost me $200 out of pocket though as I didn’t have the idiot’s insurance.

On another note, going to smart repair the Porsche end to end and will ceramic coat it. Don’t think I have money to get a $4000 wrap on it from Porsche. Too expensive. I am Ok with $1000 for smart repairs and $1000 for ceramic.

Money is flying out of pocket like crazy.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:07 PM   #6469
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

You could ceramic it yourself for a fifth the cost... takes me about a couple hours to do it. Taking care of your car yourself will help you to enjoy it more.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2022, 08:30 AM   #6470
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
You could ceramic it yourself for a fifth the cost... takes me about a couple hours to do it. Taking care of your car yourself will help you to enjoy it more.
Peasant! KAC don't do menial work.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 08:33 AM   #6471
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
lol wtf. Anyways it got repaired so it’s back to what it was now. Cost me $200 out of pocket though as I didn’t have the idiot’s insurance.

On another note, going to smart repair the Porsche end to end and will ceramic coat it. Don’t think I have money to get a $4000 wrap on it from Porsche. Too expensive. I am Ok with $1000 for smart repairs and $1000 for ceramic.

Money is flying out of pocket like crazy.
You're already halfway there with the repairs + ceramic......might as well just pony up the other 2k and get that wrap!
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2022, 08:52 AM   #6472
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I completely agree. My fiancee's brother is one of those "too good to do hard work" guys and thinks I'm nuts for hand-washing my cars..

Feels great taking care of your own things. No one cares about you or your stuff more than you.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:45 AM   #6473
KAC
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
You're already halfway there with the repairs + ceramic......might as well just pony up the other 2k and get that wrap!
No the cost delta is 1000 vs 4000. The smart repair 1000 is non negotiable for the ceramic or ppf wrap. Without it I cannot proceed.

On doing it myself. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:38 PM   #6474
KAC
Whatever

Gave the Porsche for fixes:
1) Gear lever was broken on the edge. Guy said should be claimable in warranty.

2) Damaged tailpipe.

3) Smart repair on the whole car. Had multiple minor dents and scratches all over the thing.
4) Creaking sound coming from rear left door.

Hopefully car should be like new after this. All of this is cosmetic but was making my OCD run wild.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 03:48 PM   #6475
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Brought home my 2018 VW Golf R yesterday. Today, I detailed the leather seats with some Griot Garage 3-in-1 leather cleaner, scrubbed down the BBS forged wheels that were on the car, and did a wipe down. Never owned a white car, but lord my OCD is going to go NUTS trying to keep it clean lol

So much fun, feels great being in a quality car again. I've been cruising in my 2015 Malibu for a while. I missed having a tight suspension with great grip.

Rest of pics
https://imgur.com/a/lkykGZ9
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2022, 03:50 PM   #6476
acroig
Troll SMod

Very nice!
Old Jul 26, 2022, 04:03 PM   #6477
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Brought home my 2018 VW Golf R yesterday. Today, I detailed the leather seats with some Griot Garage 3-in-1 leather cleaner, scrubbed down the BBS forged wheels that were on the car, and did a wipe down. Never owned a white car, but lord my OCD is going to go NUTS trying to keep it clean lol

So much fun, feels great being in a quality car again. I've been cruising in my 2015 Malibu for a while. I missed having a tight suspension with great grip.
Heck yeah, dude. Enjoy!
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:20 AM   #6478
KAC
Whatever

Quote:
Gave the Porsche for fixes:
1) Gear lever was broken on the edge. Guy said should be claimable in warranty.

2) Damaged tailpipe.

3) Smart repair on the whole car. Had multiple minor dents and scratches all over the thing.
4) Creaking sound coming from rear left door.

Hopefully car should be like new after this. All of this is cosmetic but was making my OCD run wild.
Idiots want 1 G to fix the tailpipe. Gonna spend 150 bucks on someone who can pull it out and bend it into shape.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:46 AM   #6479
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Luxury automakers charge a lot more money than regular ones for repairs and service.
Android1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2022, 01:56 PM   #6480
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

replaced the alternator... the 21 year old original couldn't keep up with AC and radio going at the same time