Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Jan 16, 2004, 08:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
UoGGuy

UoGGuy is still being judged by the masses

Default Radeon 9000 Driver Issue?

Hi all, this isnt really a problem problem...but here goes. I have an sapphire radon 9000..its original clock speed was 250 for core and 183 on the memory. I managed to clock the core to 300Mhz and the memory to 234. In games there are no problems with artifacts or anything (i have hynix ram rated at 275Mhz). However, when i watch movies, wierd green lines..dots..best way i can describe them appear..only in avi/mpg files..however when i play a dvd there are no wierd things happening...anyone know the solution to this problem? i think it might be driver related or software related...the ram doesnt even get hot when playing things like warcraft and unreal for hours on end...thanks for your help everyone!

On one more note..if it is driver/software related..are there any modified ati drivers that will work with the rage3d tweaker i have installed and will fix the problem...i really like the tweaker and i dont wnt to lose it.
UoGGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2004, 08:41 PM   #2
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Its overclocking related, put it back to the default speeds and they should go away
Old Jan 16, 2004, 09:08 PM   #3
UoGGuy

its only screwing up for one thing...watching avi and mpg files..everything else runs perfectly...i dont think it has to do with the overclock because of that fact...if it was due to the overclock..playing LOTR for 12 hours should have shown some sort of anomoly (hardware acceleration enabled) but it didnt...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 17, 2004, 10:58 AM   #4
BongMong
Radeon R300

BongMong is still being judged by the masses

For some reason, watching vid goes down before anything else. In fact, watching DVDs seems to be the most sensative operation of all. I can do everything at 275/275 on my Herc. 9000pro, but have to return to 275/250 for DVDs or I get the prob you mention, even with a minor mem overclock to ATi standard. 99% sure this is your problem.
BongMong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2004, 03:19 PM   #5
UoGGuy

DVDs and games show no problems though..i was looking at it yesterday, and as stable as it goes is 301 on the core and 225 on the ram.