Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 5, 2018, 08:13 PM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Seriously I touch anything and it just ****s up.
Meanwhile I built the rig frame and put in the two PSUs.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 09:21 PM   #452
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What I've read is that they won't let you buy BTC on a credit card without doing it as a cash advance. That isn't exactly the same as refusing to let you buy it. And if you have cash you can do whatever you want anyway.

It's not hard to see why a bank might not want to loan money on a high risk volatile investment like crytpo. I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Anyone know if coinbase has paypal working again?

Curio - looks great man. Makes my little 3 GPU setup seem puny.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 09:34 PM   #453
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Curio how much you spent on this thing. 3 PSUs damn. I think I am going to pull the 1300 from my PC and put a 7 card rig downstairs whilst running 2 in the main.

I know, today is the day when I find out if I will build this or not. I don't even know why I opened the 2 PSUs yesterday
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:22 PM   #454
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

So KAC what you going to do? Curio debating selling...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:34 PM   #455
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
What I've read is that they won't let you buy BTC on a credit card without doing it as a cash advance. That isn't exactly the same as refusing to let you buy it. And if you have cash you can do whatever you want anyway.

It's not hard to see why a bank might not want to loan money on a high risk volatile investment like crytpo. I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Anyone know if coinbase has paypal working again?

Curio - looks great man. Makes my little 3 GPU setup seem puny.
Also, China just banned foreign crypto exchanges.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:43 PM   #456
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
So KAC what you going to do? Curio debating selling...
I have put my cards up on sale already. However, I built the mining rig and put in 2 PSUs in it yesterday as well. So I really don't know. Even if one card sells by the end of the week I will not make it. Otherwise, I will over the weekend. If BTC falls below 5K I am out for sure.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:47 PM   #457
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

at least breaking even on the cards?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:51 PM   #458
KAC
It might be gays!

Right now I priced them more than my cost as I need to recover an additional 1.5K for the other stuff through these cards.
Other stuff won't sell here. Not many miners etc.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:11 AM   #459
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

The prices are starting to drop on places like Amazon and E-Bay.

Hope you make your money back KAC.
andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:16 AM   #460
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:21 AM   #461
KAC
It might be gays!

Damn son. Well, I dropped prices on the cards to what I paid. Let's see. I paid about 920 for the hybrids and 1050 for the sea hawks. If I get that money back, I can wait to sell the rest.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 02:41 AM   #462
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post

It's a mess
How are you powering the risers? Through PCI express or molex?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 03:10 AM   #463
KAC
It might be gays!

Is it just me or is mining yielding more coins now. I see 0.000466 per day. Use to be something like 0.00033X per day.

Ofcourse dollar value is shite at 2.7 per day.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 06:32 AM   #464
KAC
It might be gays!

Well I returned the EVGA hybrids and got a full refund. I may keep the 6 cards and build this thing or just re-sell them. Other parts I am keeping for now. Need to test mobo and cpu. If mobo is fubared then I can return that as well.

Seems curio is already facing issues with the motherboard.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 07:19 AM   #465
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Tempting to pick up a 1080ti or 1070ti for super cheap if a tidal wave fire sale hits the market.

You guys that sell feel foolish? Honest question. If you'd looked at market history you would have seen massive BTC selloffs in the past and long periods where it languished low.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Feb 6, 2018, 07:24 AM   #466
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Tempting to pick up a 1080ti or 1070ti for super cheap if a tidal wave fire sale hits the market.

You guys that sell feel foolish? Honest question. If you'd looked at market history you would have seen massive BTC selloffs in the past and long periods where it languished low.
No I don't. I sold mainly due to space constraints and the heat/noise levels.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 07:25 AM   #467
KAC
It might be gays!

I am not selling anything at a loss. Worst case I will keep it.
Unless it doesn't work in which case I will send it back to Amazon for a full refund. My only biggest worry are the Seahawks that actually cannot be returned and technically have no warranty here. Also shipping them back would be a bitch as it would cost me a lot of money to send back.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 07:28 AM   #468
Riptide

I may scale back on my overclocks and cut TDP down to save power if prices drop much further. Other than that no big changes planned.

I'd consider pulling it all offline but only if it got much worse than it is today. Still. A case can be made for taking advantage and mining at a loss. Difficulty should go lower and there is the opportunity to get more coins that way and hold.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Feb 6, 2018, 07:35 AM   #469
KAC
It might be gays!

True. All long time miners are telling me this. Keep the cards and mine like crazy. Reason for me returning 2/8 is because I have now read time and again that this B250 is a POS mobo. Dave had a DOA and curio came home to a non functioning putter. I haven't even tested mine. If I have to send it back then anyways, I can only do a 6 slot deal with the boards available in the market. Also don't want to throw in a third PSU (more cost).

Rest of decisions rest on hearing today. Market falls below 5K by Friday, I am out completely. Otherwise, I will keep mining w/ 6+1.

Btw now I am making 0.0005 a day up from 0.00033 when I started
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:04 AM   #470
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

You could also just you know, game. And use the PS4 for mining.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:07 AM   #471
Riptide

I have room for another GPU in this computer upstairs and I have a extra 850w PSU. I could easily run 3 more GPU than I am right now.

But not gonna do it unless I find myself a *real* fire sale of epic proportions. As in -30% off MSRP at absolute minimum. Oh and free ship. W/a warranty.

Cut TDP down to 60% and set up for the lean times until some day whether it's months or years this thing goes up again. Mine some stacks of various alts that look like they have prospects. Let it ride.

PS: Going to pre-order a Volta as soon as I can to keep in my workstation upstairs for regular use and mining when not being gamed on.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT

Last edited by Riptide : Feb 6, 2018 at 08:16 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:19 AM   #472
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Yeah my motherboard fried last night, at least I'm 90% sure it's the mobo. I don't think these Asus B250's are that good; I figured something was bad about them when Dave's wouldn't even turn on and the first memory slot in mine wouldn't work. Now it won't boot at all.

So now I'm on the fence here - either sell my cards, or do this again except with 3 quality mobo's each with their own processor/ram/hdd

Damn it
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:23 AM   #473
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
How are you powering the risers? Through PCI express or molex?
PCI-E - I used one of those 6-pin/6+2 pin cables direct from the riser to the PSU
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:29 AM   #474
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
PCI-E - I used one of those 6-pin/6+2 pin cables direct from the riser to the PSU
Look into the z97 used gear. They can fit like 5-6 cards each.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:33 AM   #475
curio
𐐒ananaD

Can a Z97 chipset run a 7th gen core processor?

Either way I have 3 PSU's already so I don't mind running 3 mobo's if that's what it takes
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:41 AM   #476
KAC
It might be gays!

You are also going to need cases or something.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:44 AM   #477
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
You are also going to need cases or something.
I can fit three mobo's in the bottom of that rack if I take out the PSU's; then most likely I would put the PSU's on a second separate desk
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:45 AM   #478
KAC
It might be gays!

Wouldn’t aluminum short the board?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:46 AM   #479
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Wouldn’t aluminum short the board?
I'll drill some more holes in the rack for the screw mounts to keep the mobo off the frame
Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:48 AM   #480
KAC
It might be gays!

Fair enough. I am still thinking what I want to do.