Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 5, 2021, 02:26 PM   #5401
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Maybe this is a stupid question but this is my first Nvidia card for a decade. Is the Ti version just a failed "Titan/3090" that they had to disable some parts and lower the clocks to work but make it cheaper? The clocks are even lower than a 3080.

The 3080Ti ticks all them boxes so I'm really curious TBH. If it is not, can someone tell me what Nvidia did to come up with this card? Just curious.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2021, 03:24 PM   #5402
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yes it's the same chip with less functional shaders, tensor cores and possibly TMU's, and likely has lower clocks and power budget for market segmentation.
Old May 5, 2021, 03:29 PM   #5403
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yes it's the same chip with less functional shaders, tensor cores and possibly TMU's, and likely has lower clocks and power budget for market segmentation.
Thanks Demo.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 5, 2021, 04:19 PM   #5404
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Traditionally the TI is within 5-10% of the TITAN. I suspect the 3080TI will be much closer to that 5% of the 3090, as long as they allow 475-500watt BIOS for the 3080TI. The much less memory will work in advantage for the 3080TI so you can bump the clockspeeds up.

Advertised clocks don't mean much with how NV Boost works.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2021, 06:11 PM   #5405
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I wouldn't be surprised if you can get better clocks out of it with unlocked/custom BIOS due to less power usage because of 12GB less vram. GDDR6X is rather thirsty as far as memory goes.

edit/ soz nunz didn't see your entire post was on phone
Old May 5, 2021, 07:02 PM   #5406
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Can't wait to pick up a couple of 3080 Tis.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 01:14 PM   #5407
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, RTX 3070 Ti, RTX 3050 Ti, CMP 90HX & CMP 50HX Graphics Cards Submitted To EEC By PALIT
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...ted-eec-palit/

seems everything is getting a Ti this time
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 01:19 PM   #5408
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Ti party time!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 01:24 PM   #5409
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Ti party time!
I bet the stop making the non Ti without the mining block if they haven't already

hope they can double their efforts on making the Ti's
Old May 13, 2021, 01:40 PM   #5410
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Billy,
I think your dreaming on there being stock for all and you Get ready to work if you want one, something you said you wouldn't do!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 01:42 PM   #5411
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I bet the stop making the non Ti without the mining block if they haven't already

hope they can double their efforts on making the Ti's
Yeah, maybe.

I was going to say to sign up with EVGA but then I recalled you only have love for Asus.

yoz
Old May 13, 2021, 02:04 PM   #5412
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Yeah, maybe.

I was going to say to sign up with EVGA but then I recalled you only have love for Asus.
i would take a EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYDRO COPPER but they don't seem to do the queue on any of the hydro copper's
Old May 13, 2021, 02:10 PM   #5413
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Billy,
I think your dreaming on there being stock for all and you Get ready to work if you want one, something you said you wouldn't do!
ok Buzzkill24
Old May 13, 2021, 02:11 PM   #5414
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
i would take a EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYDRO COPPER but they don't seem to do the queue on any of the hydro copper's
Yeah they've been MIA.

yoz
Old May 13, 2021, 02:19 PM   #5415
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
ok Buzzkill24
Old May 13, 2021, 05:06 PM   #5416
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Billy,
Old May 13, 2021, 09:25 PM   #5417
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

3080 Ti out?
Old May 14, 2021, 07:19 AM   #5418
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Yep!
Old May 14, 2021, 08:08 AM   #5419
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
3080 Ti out?

I already got mine.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 08:44 AM   #5420
KAC
It might be gays!

Dafuq, I seem to have missed this release.
Old May 14, 2021, 09:23 AM   #5421
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

I’m getting at least 40 percent more performance then the 3090!
Old May 14, 2021, 09:28 AM   #5422
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I saw only a 6% maid performance increase in my case.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 09:34 AM   #5423
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Looks like it’s time to RMA that Ti
Old May 14, 2021, 10:15 AM   #5424
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I’m getting at least 40 percent more performance then the 3090!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I saw only a 6% maid performance increase in my case.
Quote:
Looks like it’s time to RMA that Ti
, you guys kill me.

Asking Cyko for a 3 day ban for KAC for blatant

yoz
Old May 14, 2021, 11:04 AM   #5425
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
, you guys kill me.

Asking Cyko for a 3 day ban for KAC for blatant

I only saw a 4% gain at 100w more power usage.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 01:56 PM   #5426
KAC
It might be gays!

These seem to be quite varying results. I am not sure I want to do a upgrade from my 3090.
Old May 14, 2021, 03:15 PM   #5427
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

sounds like the scalpers are in the queue also
Old May 14, 2021, 06:57 PM   #5428
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
These seem to be quite varying results. I am not sure I want to do a upgrade from my 3090.
If your not getting 40 percent over the 3090, RMA that bitch, I got the golden sample!
Old May 14, 2021, 11:37 PM   #5429
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Report: Galax Preps GeForce RTX 3060, 3060 Ti With Cryptomining Limiters
Quote:
Unofficial reports claim Nvidia is quietly rolling out its existing graphics processors with cryptomining limiters enabled by a combination of a new GPU ID, firmware and driver. In particular, it is expected that Nvidia's lineup of crypto-limited graphics cards will include both existing and new models, such as the RTX 3090 (GA102-302), RTX 3080 Ti (GA102-225), RTX 3080 (GA102-202), RTX 3070 Ti (GA104-400), RTX 3070 (GA104-302), RTX 3060 Ti (GA104-200), RTX 3060 (GA106-302), and GeForce RTX 3050/3050 Ti.

There is a good reason why Nvidia and its graphics card partners reportedly want to deny usage of GeForce GPUs, some of the best graphics cards for gaming, for cryptomining. Mining obviously uses a GPU at around 100% load 24/7, something that a chip for a client PC is not meant for. As a result, failure rates because of mining are almost guaranteed to be growing.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/re...ining-limiters

Old May 19, 2021, 04:40 AM   #5430
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
NVIDIA To Extend Ethereum Throttle to GeForce RTX 3080, 3070, & 3060 Ti “LHR” Cards

Quote:
Continuing their ongoing efforts to limit the Ethereum mining performance of their GeForce video cards – and thus make them less enticing for miners – NVIDIA today has announced that they are bringing their cryptocurrency hash limiter to additional GeForce cards. Already a fixture on the vanilla GeForce RTX 3060 since it’s launch, NVIDIA has begun incorporating their hash limiting technology and its associated security stack into newly manufacture red GeForce RTX 3080, 3070, and 3060 Ti cards. The new cards will appear on shelves later this month, and will carry the “LHR” branding to differentiate themselves from the first-generation, unthrottled cards.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/16690...0-ti-lhr-cards

Quote:
The light hash rate Nvidia RTX 3080 is real, here's what you need to know

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-l...u-need-to-know

Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 LHR ‘Lite Hash Rate’ Graphics Cards Official, Feature RTX 3080, RTX 3070, RTX 3060 Series With Cryptocurrency Mining Limit

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...-mining-limit/

Quote:
Zotac Thinks That Nvidia Will Make a GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/zo...ce-rtx-3090-ti

Quote:
ZOTAC Adds The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Alongside The 3080 Ti & 3070 Ti To Its FireStorm Overclocking Utility
https://wccftech.com/zotac-adds-the-...cking-utility/

oops they are doing it again