Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 13, 2020, 09:04 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I won't downplay the fact that hackers have been targeting Intel pretty hard and it really is up to Intel to take care of their corporate relationships. As a desktop user though, I know many people with Intel systems and not a single one has complained about these exploits or the so called negative effect on performance that stems from the patches. I personally haven't noticed any difference since I bought my chip. Same thing with the wave of internet memes regarding heat. My chip runs cooler than the 3900X while gaming so I have no idea what people are talking about.
Nvidia produced 0 gaming CPU, they're a trash company

Same goes with Intel, 0 gaming GPU, the upcoming Xe looks garbage.

They both have combined... What? 20x the money of AMD??? yet they can't compete with AMD on console market!

They're both trash pc companies that hold back pc gaming!

idiot troll.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:12 PM   #152
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I don't know why you are mad at me, I said I would buy a console if Nvidia fails to deliver. Then I'll have a 3700X with RDNA2 just like AMD's PC fanbase. Well, not yet. RDNA2 has to come out on console first but the PC fans will catch up to Microsoft and Sony's consoles eventually. Too bad Nvidia doesn't have any competition, what ever happened to that company that used to make competative PC GPUs? What was it's name? ATI? It's pretty sad when Intel has to step in and start making GPU's because nobody will buy a CPU with 25% more performance because they are all GPU bound and Nvidia will only make a GPU every 3 years because.....AMD only makes a serious GPU once every 5 years when consoles come out.

I guess we should all praise Microsoft and Sony for paying to have the 3700X and big Navi created. AMD certainly wouldn't have done it cause they are too poor from being destroyed by their competition. But surly AMD will deliver a more powerful version on the PC right? I wouldn't hold your breath. The 3800X was the same speed as the 3700X. The 3900X was also the same speed as the 3700X but it had extra cores that aren't supported because it was a low hanging server market dingle berry to help cover the fact that AMD put zero effort into the PC gaming scene for the 10th time in a row. All according to plan if you ask me.

In 2020, AMD's fastest gaming CPU is the 3700X and it's best GPU has 8GB of video RAM with 9 teraflops of throughput. In less than nine months AMD's consoles will have a 3700X and a GPU with 12GB of RAM available and 12 teraflops of throughput. Think about it, am I a fanboy or am I talking facts here? I will support AMD if they make a superior product which is something they haven't done in 15 years. The only reason they make superior consoles is because they are competing against themselves and funded by anti PC gaming mega corporations.

AMD has a chance to deliver superior performance in the CPU market for a very limited time this year thanks to Intel's manufacturing difficulties. That is something AMD doesn't have to worry about since they practically own TSMC from all those console sales. Intel will have to push out 10nm desktop CPU's that they manufacture with inferior results compared to TSMC and hope that they have a superior design that can compete with the 4000 series. Either way, my respect for AMD is at an all time low at this point and for good reason as far as I am concerned. If you want to call me a fanboy or a troll for it, so be it but I just took the time to explain where I am coming from and that's at least worth considering.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 14, 2020 at 12:28 AM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:34 AM   #153
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

He owns an intel cpu and NVidia gpu. Interesting.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:35 AM   #154
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Dam right I do. I'm a PC gamer that buys the best hardware available. 15 years ago I purchased AMD's Athlon 64's because they were the better CPU back when AMD used to work for themselves and I purchased multiple ATI GPU's before they were purchased and stuck on console duty. Now there is no competition and consoles are catching up. If they do catch up then only an idiot would by PC hardware at all. It will be the server market and the console market just like Microsoft, Sony, and AMD want it.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 14, 2020 at 12:40 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:38 AM   #155
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Not you, talking about Neapolitan sauce above you!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:42 AM   #156
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Oh sorry, I'm used to being attacked for going against the "buy the underdog because we are being paid and heavily invested in the low" media hype.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:44 AM   #157
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Oh sorry, I'm used to being attacked for going against the "buy the underdog because we are being paid and heavily invested in the low" media hype.
Now that I read his post again I realized he wasn’t bashing NVidia and Intel.

I’ll see myself out.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:48 AM   #158
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

I don't blame you, his post made no sense but I could tell it was trying to sarcastically attack me for stating facts..
Old Mar 14, 2020, 01:35 AM   #159
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I don't know why you are mad at me, I said I would buy a console if Nvidia fails to deliver. Then I'll have a 3700X with RDNA2 just like AMD's PC fanbase. Well, not yet. RDNA2 has to come out on console first but the PC fans will catch up to Microsoft and Sony's consoles eventually. Too bad Nvidia doesn't have any competition, what ever happened to that company that used to make competative PC GPUs? What was it's name? ATI? It's pretty sad when Intel has to step in and start making GPU's because nobody will buy a CPU with 25% more performance because they are all GPU bound and Nvidia will only make a GPU every 3 years because.....AMD only makes a serious GPU once every 5 years when consoles come out.

I guess we should all praise Microsoft and Sony for paying to have the 3700X and big Navi created. AMD certainly wouldn't have done it cause they are too poor from being destroyed by their competition. But surly AMD will deliver a more powerful version on the PC right? I wouldn't hold your breath. The 3800X was the same speed as the 3700X. The 3900X was also the same speed as the 3700X but it had extra cores that aren't supported because it was a low hanging server market dingle berry to help cover the fact that AMD put zero effort into the PC gaming scene for the 10th time in a row. All according to plan if you ask me.

In 2020, AMD's fastest gaming CPU is the 3700X and it's best GPU has 8GB of video RAM with 9 teraflops of throughput. In less than nine months AMD's consoles will have a 3700X and a GPU with 12GB of RAM available and 12 teraflops of throughput. Think about it, am I a fanboy or am I talking facts here? I will support AMD if they make a superior product which is something they haven't done in 15 years. The only reason they make superior consoles is because they are competing against themselves and funded by anti PC gaming mega corporations.

AMD has a chance to deliver superior performance in the CPU market for a very limited time this year thanks to Intel's manufacturing difficulties. That is something AMD doesn't have to worry about since they practically own TSMC from all those console sales. Intel will have to push out 10nm desktop CPU's that they manufacture with inferior results compared to TSMC and hope that they have a superior design that can compete with the 4000 series. Either way, my respect for AMD is at an all time low at this point and for good reason as far as I am concerned. If you want to call me a fanboy or a troll for it, so be it but I just took the time to explain where I am coming from and that's at least worth considering.
You constantly **** posts against amd for not accomplishing more than the already miraculous works that they did, considering how much of a smaller company they are compared to the other 2. You often call amd as anti pc gaming nonsense thing...

So what's your excuse for not bashing Nvidia for the lack of pc gaming CPU and Intel for the lack of pc gaming GPU? Why don't you regularly attack and **** posts against them for not even pushing the boundaries in their respective areas like you demand amd to do so? The double standard is amazing.

Reality doesn't work like your wishful thinking... Your constant amd bashing **** posts irritates me.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 01:51 AM   #160
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

If AMD put out a graphic card two years ago that had 14 teraflops throughput with 11GB of VRAM. If AMD put out a CPU that had the same efficiency as Ryzen 3000 two years ago with way higher clocks that could stomp a PS5 into the ground. If AMD did those things and funded it's own hardware while Intel and Nvidia didn't bother to compete with them at all.....I would have a lot of respect for AMD IF that happened.

If Intel bought Nvidia and made consoles while refusing to compete on the PC and constantly put out way slower tech that dragged AMD down while pushing console technology up to the PC level.... Then the tables would be flipped and I would be owning AMD's superior tech and b!tching about Nvidia and Intel. But that's not how it is.

Normally my AMD bashing starts when I state a fact that AMD fans don't like. Then they attack me and I have to address my attackers who usually pull the same bag of tricks out of their hats. In this thread for example, I stated that AMD's console connections have allowed them to get a strangle hold on TSMCs manufacturing and that it causes the competition who happen to make better hardware to suffer. This then caused a long string of complaints about Intel and it's buggy, hot chips and other things unrelated to this threads topic. I eventually addressed all of those points and all attacks on me in-between with factual information which in turn derailed this whole thread because I was talking about GPU manufacturing facts in the industry and didn't even mention CPU's or Intel until the same old in and out occured.

The 3080 series was already officially announced as 7nm. I believe this leak is false but if it ends up being a 10nm process that can only mean one thing and we know who would be the one responsible for this problem no? Apparently I should keep quiet about these facts in fear of annoying people? Whatever.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 14, 2020 at 02:24 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 02:38 AM   #161
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
If AMD put out a graphic card two years ago that had 14 teraflops throughput with 11GB of VRAM. If AMD put out a CPU that had the same efficiency as Ryzen 3000 two years ago with way higher clocks that could stomp a PS5 into the ground. If AMD did those things and funded it's own hardware while Intel and Nvidia didn't bother to compete with them at all.....I would have a lot of respect for AMD IF that happened.

If Intel bought Nvidia and made consoles while refusing to compete on the PC and constantly put out way slower tech that dragged AMD down while pushing console technology up to the PC level.... Then the tables would be flipped and I would be owning AMD's superior tech and b!tching about Nvidia and Intel. But that's not how it is.

Normally my AMD bashing starts when I state a fact that AMD fans don't like. Then they attack me and I have to address my attackers who usually pull the same bag of tricks out of their hats. In this thread for example, I stated that AMD's console connections have allowed them to get a strangle hold on TSMCs manufacturing and that it causes the competition who happen to make better hardware to suffer. This then caused a long string of complaints about Intel and it's buggy, hot chips and other things unrelated to this threads topic. I eventually addressed all of those points and all attacks on me in-between with factual information which in turn derailed this whole thread because I was talking about GPU manufacturing facts.

The 3080 series was already officially announced as 7nm. I believe this leak is false but if it ends up being a 10nm process that can only mean one thing and we know who would be the one responsible for this problem no? Apparently I should keep quiet about these facts in fear of annoying people? Whatever.
if AMD released blablabla products years ago that can compete blablabla... hah... so where's that Intel gaming GPU that can compete with nvidia in 2015? AMD had no resources to compete against 2 bigger companies (and they still don't, and possibly never will), what's the excuse for Intel not to compete against Nvidia (and AMD) GPUs since years ago?

why haven't Nvidia made a competing gaming CPU since years ago? of course this one have real answer, because Intel and AMD wouldn't let them, eh no, actually I'm very sure Intel alone would be the one who wouldn't let anyone else compete... but since you and your shitposts don't want to accept real world reasoning and explanations on why AMD couldn't have done it, I say you have no excuse not to bash both Nvidia and Intel already for their lack of trying to compete and push the boundaries nonsense that you spout at AMD.

you keep going on about amd neglecting to compete on purpose and being anti pc nonsense... so then just exactly like in the above, equating with your shitposts reasoning, I'd say Intel and Nvidia too are both anti pc and purposely not competing on CPU/GPU to hold back pc.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 02:55 AM   #162
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Nvidia is a GPU company. Intel is a CPU company. ATI was a GPU company. Complaining that they are not trying to monopolize the entire industry seems kind of silly. Intel is making an attempt to push out it's first GPU because of the situation AMD has caused.

I wouldn't expect Intel to make GPU's of Nvidia's caliber unless they bought Nvidia like AMD bought ATI. What you are saying is like blaming a car company for not making high quality toothpaste to compete against colgate. They are seperate industries. AMD was Intel's main competitor and ATI was Nvidia's. Nobody forced AMD to buy ATI and then switch their focus to consoles. Now they are manufacturing custom ryzen motherboards and custom ryzen CPU's and custom RDNA2 GPU's in mass for console sales and TSMC's manufacturing is pushed to the limit causing a shortage of supply. It's as simple as that. Intel has to manufacture it's own CPU tech and apparently Nvidia is considering 10nm samsung tech even though their design intention was clearly stated as 7nm TSMC by Nvidia's Huang Jen Hsun.

All I did was put all of these facts in a post. It would be easy for someone to simply say they disagree and state why instead of going off on a CPU manufacturer who has nothing to do with the GPU industry or calling me an idiot and making sarcastic analogies that literally make no sense. Intel and Nvidia are not competing against PC gaming like AMD is. You ask Sony who their biggest competition is and they will tell you PC gaming. Microsoft is the same way, they abandoned the PC because PC games were not making them money on the PC. They bought all the PC game developers and set them to work on Xbox, the same way they bought AMD. They can't literally buy them without being sued into the ground so they did the next best thing which leads to the same result without the law breaking consequences. Got to love good old fashioned laziness and greed. Everyone has a price.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 14, 2020 at 04:27 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:11 PM   #163
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Nvidia is a GPU company. Intel is a CPU company. ATI was a GPU company. Complaining that they are not trying to monopolize the entire industry seems kind of silly. Intel is making an attempt to push out it's first GPU because of the situation AMD has caused.

I wouldn't expect Intel to make GPU's of Nvidia's caliber unless they bought Nvidia like AMD bought ATI. What you are saying is like blaming a car company for not making high quality toothpaste to compete against colgate. They are seperate industries. AMD was Intel's main competitor and ATI was Nvidia's. Nobody forced AMD to buy ATI and then switch their focus to consoles. Now they are manufacturing custom ryzen motherboards and custom ryzen CPU's and custom RDNA2 GPU's in mass for console sales and TSMC's manufacturing is pushed to the limit causing a shortage of supply. It's as simple as that. Intel has to manufacture it's own CPU tech and apparently Nvidia is considering 10nm samsung tech even though their design intention was clearly stated as 7nm TSMC by Nvidia's Huang Jen Hsun.

All I did was put all of these facts in a post. It would be easy for someone to simply say they disagree and state why instead of going off on a CPU manufacturer who has nothing to do with the GPU industry or calling me an idiot and making sarcastic analogies that literally make no sense. Intel and Nvidia are not competing against PC gaming like AMD is. You ask Sony who their biggest competition is and they will tell you PC gaming. Microsoft is the same way, they abandoned the PC because PC games were not making them money on the PC. They bought all the PC game developers and set them to work on Xbox, the same way they bought AMD. They can't literally buy them without being sued into the ground so they did the next best thing which leads to the same result without the law breaking consequences. Got to love good old fashioned laziness and greed. Everyone has a price.
wrong

this is Intel's third or forth attempt to make a Video card and most likely another fail

net worth

AMD $5.4 billion

Intel $240 billion

NV 180 billion

sure little AMD is the fault of all Intel's and NV's woes

Last edited by bill dennison : Mar 14, 2020 at 12:17 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 02:16 PM   #164
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Like I said, it's a different industry. This may not be Intel's first attempt at makeing a GPU but it's first attempt at making a modern GPU on it's own. It requires hiring people who know what they are doing and buying all of the equipment to do it for the first time vs going up against an established powerhouse like Nvidia or ATI. Intel may be able to buy Nvidia with the money they have but it would be bad for the industry just like it was when AMD bought ATI.

AMD poses no threat to Intel or Nvidia in terms of financial power and technical expertise. AMD is simply hogging all of the most cutting edge manufacturing resources in order to make mainstream mediocrity for console kitties. Hopefully Nvidia managed to make a deal with TSMC that at least allows it's highest end designs to be manufactured on cutting edge 7nm. The data center GPU's that the 3080TI will be cut from are 7nm and it was announced that Ampere would be 7nm so hopefully that didn't change due to the situation.

In buying ATI, AMD is the sole competition for the both the CPU and GPU industry so little ol AMD does pose a threat to the entire industry which you can see by looking at the lack of progress in the PC industry ever since they bought ATI and started making Sony and Microsoft consoles. The console vs PC situation should make it very obvious at this point. No sane business is going to spend a ton of cash and effort when they are already sitting on top with no competition. They will do the minimum necessary to keep the industry alive at minimum cost and effort to themselves. That is simply business and the way it works. Capitalism requires two challenging parties in order for progress to be made. That is why it's dangerous when companies like Microsoft and AMD start buying up smaller companies and working together to cut off their competition's ability to produce rather than outperform them.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 14, 2020 at 02:22 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 05:11 PM   #165
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

poor poor Intel and nvidia

maybe they should go out and eat some worm

**** them both

Intel sat on it's ass and thought they the world by the balls

and nvidia they priced the 2080 ti at 1200+ only because they could .

if AMD gets the 7nm navi 2x / RDNA2 at 20%+ over a 2080 ti for a good price 899 or so
i will buy that and nvidia can go pound sand with their 1400+ 3080 ti

and i won't buy intel again till they have a modern chiplet CPU and it beets AMD by 33%

Last edited by bill dennison : Mar 14, 2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 05:38 PM   #166
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

**** them both

if AMD gets the 7nm navi 2x / RDNA2 at 20%+ over a 2080 ti for a good price 899 or so

and i won't buy intel again till they have a modern chiplet CPU and it beets AMD by 33%
is that with or without their security flaws?

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 06:20 PM   #167
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
is that with or without their security flaws?
without is a given
Old Mar 14, 2020, 06:36 PM   #168
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

**** them both

Not poor Intel and Nvidia as they are in no trouble from AMD at all. Its more like poor PC gaming since they have no competition and AMD only works toward making consoles as good as PC's. Nvidia makes more from AI and the auto industry than AMD is worth and Intel makes more from it's data centers than AMD will ever be able to compete with. Neither one of them are threatened by AMD I assure you. You might as well pay a lot less for the same hardware in a console. Nvidia and Intel have both been sitting on their a$$es waiting for AMD to actually compete for over a decade. I don't know what kind of designs they will use. Maybe chiplets maybe not but either way it will be faster but not anywhere near what they would deliver if AMD actually tried to push the PC gaming industry forward instead of saying "yes master" to Microsoft and Sony's anti PC gaming demands.

The 3700X and RDNA2 are console hardware paid for by Sony and Microsoft. If I am going to buy them, I will pay 500 for a console that has them. If Intel and Nvidia are only going to beat a console by 5% because AMD's best PC hardware is console trash and the cost of a PC costs $2000 or more then there will be no point in buying PC hardware from anyone at all. AMD will get what it wants which is the server market on PC and the gaming market on console. Watered down hardware and games for everyone for half the price of a cell phone from apple. Good times, no idea why you support the downfall of the PC gaming hobby but have fun with that. Personally, I hardly game at all anymore since Microsoft destroyed the PC gaming platform so it matters little to me. I'll buy a nice setup for 3D art and then buy a trash console for the 2 or 3 games I play a year. It is disappointing to see an industry that used to be full of innovation and bring hours of great cutting edge hardware and gaming entertainment turn into a dead scene with no competition while everyone squeeze's money out of the dumb masses with dated tech squeezed into a turd console or cellphone case. The only ones losing out here are the customers that like to game and push the boundaries. Nvidia, Intel, and AMD will be fine regardless and I couldn't give less of a sh!t about any of them as companies.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 14, 2020 at 07:08 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 07:58 PM   #169
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Good job pulling a bill sex-chan :D

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 09:45 PM   #170
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Not poor Intel and Nvidia as they are in no trouble from AMD at all. Its more like poor PC gaming since they have no competition and AMD only works toward making consoles as good as PC's. Nvidia makes more from AI and the auto industry than AMD is worth and Intel makes more from it's data centers than AMD will ever be able to compete with. Neither one of them are threatened by AMD I assure you. You might as well pay a lot less for the same hardware in a console. Nvidia and Intel have both been sitting on their a$$es waiting for AMD to actually compete for over a decade. I don't know what kind of designs they will use. Maybe chiplets maybe not but either way it will be faster but not anywhere near what they would deliver if AMD actually tried to push the PC gaming industry forward instead of saying "yes master" to Microsoft and Sony's anti PC gaming demands.

The 3700X and RDNA2 are console hardware paid for by Sony and Microsoft. If I am going to buy them, I will pay 500 for a console that has them. If Intel and Nvidia are only going to beat a console by 5% because AMD's best PC hardware is console trash and the cost of a PC costs $2000 or more then there will be no point in buying PC hardware from anyone at all. AMD will get what it wants which is the server market on PC and the gaming market on console. Watered down hardware and games for everyone for half the price of a cell phone from apple. Good times, no idea why you support the downfall of the PC gaming hobby but have fun with that. Personally, I hardly game at all anymore since Microsoft destroyed the PC gaming platform so it matters little to me. I'll buy a nice setup for 3D art and then buy a trash console for the 2 or 3 games I play a year. It is disappointing to see an industry that used to be full of innovation and bring hours of great cutting edge hardware and gaming entertainment turn into a dead scene with no competition while everyone squeeze's money out of the dumb masses with dated tech squeezed into a turd console or cellphone case. The only ones losing out here are the customers that like to game and push the boundaries. Nvidia, Intel, and AMD will be fine regardless and I couldn't give less of a sh!t about any of them as companies.

both consoles are using a AMD APU's not CPU's and video cards

Quote:
Microsoft revealed last week that the upcoming Xbox Series X console will integrate an APU that can deliver 12 TFLOPS of graphics processing power
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Analys....455251.0.html

they are basically using laptop parts not desktop

i think AMD's dedicated graphics card will be much better
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:05 AM   #171
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Imho,

Pretty tough for Nvidia to create a powerful cpu because of their competitors' proprietary licenses. Amd and Intel may engineer bigger gpu's not necessarily for gaming but data center growth.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:02 PM   #172
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

9 months out from their console release and the best desktop GPU they have is significantly slower than those laptop GPU's you mentioned. Yes, it's on purpose and yes it's console hardware.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 15, 2020 at 03:27 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:08 PM   #173
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Imho,

Pretty tough for Nvidia to create a powerful cpu because of their competitors' proprietary licenses. Amd and Intel may engineer bigger gpu's not necessarily for gaming but data center growth.
I agree, Nvidia hasn't made any attempts at making a desktop CPU and that seems like a reasonable explanation as to why. As for the GPU's, Nvidia and AMD have made significant strides in data center and content creation while improving very little in the gaming sector. Nvidia's tensor cores made a few insignifigant RTX effects playable at 1080P for gaming but in the content creation and data crunching world...they nearly doubled performance. AMD has also made significant strides in the CPU server market while ignoring the mainstream gaming sector. Will Intel follow their lead once they get their manufacturing under control? It's likely.

PC gaming is going to be similar to console gaming pretty soon. It will always have it's advantages but for the price it's lost it's advantages overall and unless they deliver significant gains in the immediate future, I will stick to PC for creative work and leave gaming to the consoles. This is mainly because I will only need to upgrade my system once every 5 to 10 years for creative work and I will no longer build a new PC every 3 years like I used to for gaming purposes. If Nvidia delivers 30% more performance than a 2080TI with no VRAM upgrade after more than two years of wait then that will be the last straw for me, especially if their prices are as bad or worse than last time. If AMD delivers 20% more performance than a 2080TI with 12GB of VRAM and no IRAY rendering, their card is as useful as the GPU's in next gen consoles as far as I am concerned. No way I'm going to pay $1000 for a GPU when I could pay $500 for an entire system that is within 20% of the PC.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 15, 2020 at 12:18 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 03:31 PM   #174
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post

Good job pulling a bill sex-chan :D
It's kind of hard to avoid when you are talking to people who are more interested in the success of nameless, faceless, corporations instead of actual hardware performance that delivers real world gains to consumers. People who blame the companies that make the fastest hardware for not pissing away money despite having no competition while sucking up to the source of the real problem.

Considering the amount of arguments I've been in over the last year I'm proud that I managed to avoid it as long as I have. You will have to indulge me in my time of weakness Seyi-chan.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 04:31 PM   #175
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I agree, Nvidia hasn't made any attempts at making a desktop CPU and that seems like a reasonable explanation as to why. As for the GPU's, Nvidia and AMD have made significant strides in data center and content creation while improving very little in the gaming sector. Nvidia's tensor cores made a few insignifigant RTX effects playable at 1080P for gaming but in the content creation and data crunching world...they nearly doubled performance. AMD has also made significant strides in the CPU server market while ignoring the mainstream gaming sector. Will Intel follow their lead once they get their manufacturing under control? It's likely.

PC gaming is going to be similar to console gaming pretty soon. It will always have it's advantages but for the price it's lost it's advantages overall and unless they deliver significant gains in the immediate future, I will stick to PC for creative work and leave gaming to the consoles. This is mainly because I will only need to upgrade my system once every 5 to 10 years for creative work and I will no longer build a new PC every 3 years like I used to for gaming purposes. If Nvidia delivers 30% more performance than a 2080TI with no VRAM upgrade after more than two years of wait then that will be the last straw for me, especially if their prices are as bad or worse than last time. If AMD delivers 20% more performance than a 2080TI with 12GB of VRAM and no IRAY rendering, their card is as useful as the GPU's in next gen consoles as far as I am concerned. No way I'm going to pay $1000 for a GPU when I could pay $500 for an entire system that is within 20% of the PC.
Nvidia's future growth and revenue driver may not be pc gaming but data center and its infrastructure, which is why their investing 6.9 billion into Mellanox.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 05:12 PM   #176
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

While Nvidia still makes a pretty penny off of PC gaming graphics cards they have certainly found other ways to stay alive and push beyond gaming which is understandable given the state of the PC platform as a gaming system. That is why I think they will have no problems staying alive and making more money than their competition even if PC gaming drops off the map.

They did see a noticeable hit to their stock market value though most of the last year because the prices on their new cards and the overall performance they offered was not enough to satisfy many gamers like myself who gave them the finger. The CEO of Nvidia wants to gain back that lost performance and there is only one way to do that. They have to deliver. Otherwise they can kiss a substantial amount of their business goodbye and PC gaming will continue to spiral out. I can see why they wouldn't want to spend the cash and devalue their work station GPU's by launching an uber card when they have no competition but it's getting to the point where they will either have to sh!t or get off the pot because consoles are catching up thanks to you know who.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 01:11 PM   #177
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Consoles always catch up, then Fall being after a year or two. The oddity was ps4 and xbone as they both released underpowered. Hell even ubisoft was caught with its pants down with assassins unity when they expected beefier Hardware.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 02:18 PM   #178
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Consoles always catch up, then Fall being after a year or two. The oddity was ps4 and xbone as they both released underpowered. Hell even ubisoft was caught with its pants down with assassins unity when they expected beefier Hardware.
that can't be

it is all AMD's nefarious plot to kill PC gaming and NV and Intel

Old Mar 16, 2020, 03:48 PM   #179
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Uh, no they don't. Did the PS4 have the GPU power of a 1080TI? AMD's Current best PC GPU can't even beat a 1080TI from nearly 4 years ago. The PC had dual 1080TI's vs the pathetic power of the PS4. Never in my life have I seen a console gaming at the same resolution as PC. In fact, most PC gamers look like they are gaming below console resolution these days. It's become a bum platform for half assed budget games.

As for Bill's comment, I think it's funny that when I state irrefutable facts it becomes time to act like I'm crazy. Enjoy your overpriced console hardware dude. BTW, AMD isn't threatening anything like I already explained to you. AMD is too incompetent to do anything on their own. It's Microsoft that wants to take the PC out of the equation and Sony who see's the PC as a threat. AMD is simply a b!tch tech company that makes half a$$sed parts that can't beat 4 year old Nvidia tech. They do what they are told because they don't have the technical knowledge, skill, or work ethic to beat a real tech company. They fell hard and Microsoft took advantage of that and used AMD to it's own advantage. AMD will continue to suck on Microsoft's tits to get the funding they need to build console trash once every 5 years because their cooperate masters won't allow anything else.

AMD can't beat a 1080TI from four years ago but now suddenly when new consoles are coming out they have a card that can compete with the 3080 series? If you can't see that AMD is intentionally dragging it's feet in the PC gaming sector and how working for the PC goes against their interests as a company then I don't know what to tell you other than you are incredibly naïve.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 16, 2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 04:33 PM   #180
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

not one actual test or benchmark or review on the PS5 or the xbox series x just rumors rumors and more rumors

but now they beat a 3080 that all we have on it is a few rumors