Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 16, 2020, 04:37 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

not one actual test or benchmark or review on the PS5 or the xbox series x just rumors rumors and more rumors

but now they beat a 3080 that all we have on it is a few rumors

Yeah, with Bill on this one. This is just lots of smoke.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 04:51 PM   #182
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Yeah, with Bill on this one. This is just lots of smoke.
amd navi 2x card will most likely beat the 2080 ti and 3080 and be slower than a 3080 ti like normal and be priced much better than NV stuff

not the new consoles APU's they maybe as high as a 1080 ti maybe it can do 4k 30+
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 04:55 PM   #183
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Ok, ignore the technical specs of the X box series X which has already been official confirmed to outstrip AMD's best PC hardware by a mile. I'm done arguing with you. This entire page argument was because I stated a fact about TSMC being overloaded with AMD's mainstream mediocrity. You have to be the most stubborn man I've ever met.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 16, 2020, 05:03 PM   #184
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Ok, ignore the technical specs of the X box series X which has already been official confirmed to outstrip AMD's best PC hardware by a mile. I'm done arguing with you. This entire page argument was because I stated a fact about TSMC being overloaded with AMD's mainstream mediocrity. You have to be the most stubborn man I've ever met.
they said all the same crap about the xbox and ps4 it is just the fever dreams of the console peasants

i won't trust anything till full reviews

and as for " outstrip AMD's best PC hardware" that is a 1080 ti at 4k
that is all a 5700 xt can do at 4k some times slower and some faster
Old Mar 16, 2020, 05:07 PM   #185
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
, try arguing politics with him!

yoz
Old Mar 16, 2020, 05:28 PM   #186
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
, try arguing politics with him!
i only have one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34jC1fmeFD0

Old Mar 16, 2020, 05:29 PM   #187
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

yoz
Old Mar 16, 2020, 09:23 PM   #188
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Don't delude yourselves the new consoles still won't be anywhere near as powerful as a high end PC. So far the rumors are just going off of theoretical flops, and how has that fared in the past? People forget the massive hype (and letdown) behind the PS3/ Cell Processor already? This is not even that exotic, they're just AMD APU's.

The real test is whether the next gen consoles can do 4k 60fps natively at PC settings quality. Or if they can only muster 30fps. Or some half rendering tricks like checkerboard rendering. That will tell you whether or not the console will be as powerful as PC's.

My bet is that they won't be, but they'll be marketed as such because you know, consoles are always more powerful than PC's when they're about to launch.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 09:49 PM   #189
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I don't give two shits about the new consoles, I just want to upgrade my 1080Ti. Come on Nvidia give us the goods already...
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2020, 06:31 AM   #190
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Don't delude yourselves the new consoles still won't be anywhere near as powerful as a high end PC. So far the rumors are just going off of theoretical flops, and how has that fared in the past? People forget the massive hype (and letdown) behind the PS3/ Cell Processor already? This is not even that exotic, they're just AMD APU's.

The real test is whether the next gen consoles can do 4k 60fps natively at PC settings quality. Or if they can only muster 30fps. Or some half rendering tricks like checkerboard rendering. That will tell you whether or not the console will be as powerful as PC's.

My bet is that they won't be, but they'll be marketed as such because you know, consoles are always more powerful than PC's when they're about to launch.
Of course they won't do 4K 60FPS. Common sense tells me they will do 4K 30FPS while your high end PC does 4K 45FPS. Consoles will use checkerboard fake 4K with sharpening filters and you will use DLSS fake 4K with it's own dynamic sharpening filters. Is it worth the $3000 difference? Probably not. If Nvidia can release a new card before the consoles come out then Nvidia's highest end $1500 card might be able to do real 4K60FPS. Is it worth the difference? Probably not. Console is 500 bones and has the same games and same graphic effects.

Far worse than having no innovation and being devalued to console hardware levels is that the PC gaming scene has became a console port system instead of a PC gaming system for almost 10 years now. I think a lot of my discontentment stems from the expectation that things would still be fun and exciting if I paid massive amounts of money but that is only true if PC game developers are around to cater to our systems and they are no longer working on PC games. All that spent money purchases very slightly better hardware that has no real advantage. I upgrade my systems for other reasons than gaming and that has caused me to continue to utilize my PC for gaming over the last few years but ultimately I think I've simply outgrown it and stopped enjoying it. PC games are aimed at the same teenyboppers that console games are because they are all the same games made by the same devs. I've been building top notch systems for over 25 years and simply don't see the advantages of the PC anymore. If it wasn't for 3D art I would have abandoned it years ago. That doesn't mean others can't enjoy it or convince themselves it's worth it and I won't continue to hang around and poop on your party. Adios.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2020, 06:51 AM   #191
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

3 more days you gays
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2020, 06:57 AM   #192
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
3 more days you gays
You must have missed the news! You will get no 3080 news in 3 day!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2020, 07:13 AM   #193
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
You must have missed the news! You will get no 3080 news in 3 day!
He needs to stop sneaking out of his home to go see that goat down the street every day at midnight.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2020, 08:19 AM   #194
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
3 more days you gays
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-delays-m...-due-to-covid/

yoz
Old Mar 17, 2020, 08:38 AM   #195
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Of course they won't do 4K 60FPS. Common sense tells me they will do 4K 30FPS while your high end PC does 4K 45FPS. Consoles will use checkerboard fake 4K with sharpening filters and you will use DLSS fake 4K with it's own dynamic sharpening filters. Is it worth the $3000 difference? Probably not. If Nvidia can release a new card before the consoles come out then Nvidia's highest end $1500 card might be able to do real 4K60FPS. Is it worth the difference? Probably not. Console is 500 bones and has the same games and same graphic effects.

Far worse than having no innovation and being devalued to console hardware levels is that the PC gaming scene has became a console port system instead of a PC gaming system for almost 10 years now. I think a lot of my discontentment stems from the expectation that things would still be fun and exciting if I paid massive amounts of money but that is only true if PC game developers are around to cater to our systems and they are no longer working on PC games. All that spent money purchases very slightly better hardware that has no real advantage. I upgrade my systems for other reasons than gaming and that has caused me to continue to utilize my PC for gaming over the last few years but ultimately I think I've simply outgrown it and stopped enjoying it. PC games are aimed at the same teenyboppers that console games are because they are all the same games made by the same devs. I've been building top notch systems for over 25 years and simply don't see the advantages of the PC anymore. If it wasn't for 3D art I would have abandoned it years ago. That doesn't mean others can't enjoy it or convince themselves it's worth it and I won't continue to hang around and poop on your party. Adios.
If I get 45fps at 4k there's no APU that will come close to doing the same at the exact same resolution and PC settings. Don't fall for the marketing hype, we've seen this before. There isn't enough die space and transistor budget for a mid sized APU to deliver what a dedicated GPU can.

What you WILL see though is reduced settings so framerates will go up, dynamic resolution tricks like we see now (so consoles will only see 4k 30fps - 60fps when looking up at the sky), or half resolution tricks like checkerboard rendering.

That's where the claim "consoles will be more powerful" than a PC will come from. It's just pure slimy marketing and skewed perception of what it can actually do vs what it can get away with claiming to do.

I mean, to this day you still have people like KAC who claim games look just as good as PC on his Xbox 1 X
Old Mar 17, 2020, 08:44 AM   #196
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I mean, to this day you still have people like KAC who claim games look just as good as PC on his Xbox 1 X
INCOMING!!!

yoz
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:12 PM   #197
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
they are not helping

if we all have to stay in are homes we need new toys

cyberpunk 2077 should move back to next month for release that will keep everyone locked down for months
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:55 PM   #198
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
they are not helping

if we all have to stay in are homes we need new toys

cyberpunk 2077 should move back to next month for release that will keep everyone locked down for months
Indeed!

yoz
Old Mar 17, 2020, 01:34 PM   #199
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:

Gears of War 5 as a example game does 4k @ 60FPS (but they did manage to get it around 90fps) with higher than PC settings, and they're confident they can get multiplayer to 120FPS.

Also no consoles don't have the same graphical effects they have lower, at the start they may be comparable, but after a few years they start to age quite fast, until the refresh/next gen.

Also you said Adios already and came back again... sooooo

Question is do I want a xbox or a GPU, xbox would be pretty sweet at first and fairly powerful... HOWEVER I know that eventually that 30fps would piss me off. I'd rather take a hit in graphics and have games always be 60FPS, but no they always go for big tits and tight ass visuals 30fps.

Last edited by SirBaron : Mar 17, 2020 at 01:41 PM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:34 PM   #200
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

[/quote] Question is do I want a xbox or a GPU, xbox would be pretty sweet at first and fairly powerful... HOWEVER I know that eventually that 30fps would piss me off. I'd rather take a hit in graphics and have games always be 60FPS, but no they always go for big tits and tight ass visuals 30fps.[/quote]

I can offer a different perspective on that. I own an Xbone X and it's hooked up to my 50" 4K HDR TV and basically I play Madden 20, FIFA 20, Rally games and Forza games to name a few. They all work great with a controller and the visuals are very good. I tried FPS games but couldn't get the hang of using the controller so I've mostly given up on them. That's not to mention the 4K Blu-ray player which I do use.

I also own a Ryzen 7 2700, an AMD 5700XT and a top notch 1440p 144hz freesync monitor on which I mostly play FPS games as I'm used to the mouse and keyboard. Again the visuals are excellent. Personally I have no intention of buying a 4K monitor now or in the foreseeable future as I'm more than happy to stick with my current set up.

So I'm probably more interested in buying the new Xbox than buying 'Big Navi' TBH. I would however add two caveats to that;

1. Xbox is no dearer than Ł500.
2. Big Navi comes in at Ł600 or less.

I play games for fun and not the fantastic visuals as most of the time, especially in fast paced FPS, it's all a blur anyway. I don't think we'll be able to call anyone who purchases either of the new consoles a console peasents as that term will be consigned to history.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2020, 08:00 PM   #201
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
I don't think we'll be able to call anyone who purchases either of the new consoles a console peasents as that term will be consigned to history.
How are the new consoles going to be any different than any console in history?

They'll be all new and shiny and get left in the dust after the first year...as always.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2020, 08:11 PM   #202
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
How are the new consoles going to be any different than any console in history?

They'll be all new and shiny and get left in the dust after the first year...as always.
not even great in the first year
by the time the game dev's learn how to get the most out of them they are obsolete

now having two+ years between new cards is not helping PC
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:21 AM   #203
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
now having two+ years between new cards is not helping PC
If I keep my 2080Ti for 2 full years, and it sure looks like I will thanks to covid-19, then the price of the card is $550 per annum and that's in line for what I've always paid in the past.

Call me crazy but right now looks like a good investment if you bought it in 2018.

yoz
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:22 AM   #204
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
If I keep my 2080Ti for 2 full years, and it sure looks like I will thanks to covid-19, then the price of the card is $550 per annum and that's in line for what I've always paid in the past.

Call me crazy but right now looks like a good investment if you bought it in 2018.

it maybe 3 full years
Old Mar 21, 2020, 01:42 PM   #205
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

it maybe 3 full years
Wow, best vid card purchase ever if over 24 months.

yoz
Old Mar 21, 2020, 02:57 PM   #206
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Wow, best vid card purchase ever if over 24 months.
nope not even close

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...58&postcount=1

it was like 500 bucks in 2002
Old Mar 21, 2020, 03:05 PM   #207
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
nope not even close

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...58&postcount=1

it was like 500 bucks in 2002
Was that your primary vid card all those years?

yoz
Old Mar 21, 2020, 04:37 PM   #208
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Was that your primary vid card all those years?
no but it was 3 years then secondary for 2 then was in my fathers pc

cards lasted longer then

and i remember i thought i was nuts for spending so much on a card
Old Mar 21, 2020, 06:35 PM   #209
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
no but it was 3 years then secondary for 2 then was in my fathers pc

cards lasted longer then

and i remember i thought i was nuts for spending so much on a card

Then you missed the point he was trying to make.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 06:57 PM   #210
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Then you missed the point he was trying to make.
i knew the point
but don't think this 2080 ti will really last a full 3 years ( I hope ) like it did and it is 3 times the price of the 9700 pro non AIW