Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 2, 2020, 05:08 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looking at the NV website, it says you need system power of 750w for both 3090 and 3080. That's something I missed.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2020, 05:11 AM   #62
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Perfect.

Until I OC 14nm rocketlake and melt the wall socket.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 07:44 AM   #63
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I'm more concerned about the fan setup. I saw the Nexus video and it does raise questions. I have a giant, air cooler for my 8700k. Damn thing looks like a house inside the case. Actually more like a big ass skyscraper. Who allowed these things to get so big?
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 2, 2020, 04:53 PM   #64
Jay20016

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I'm more concerned about the fan setup. I saw the Nexus video and it does raise questions. I have a giant, air cooler for my 8700k. Damn thing looks like a house inside the case. Actually more like a big ass skyscraper. Who allowed these things to get so big?
Intel's engineers who ****ed up their 10nm designs. Tradeoff of 14++++++++++++++++++++++++nm is that they can't take it all that much higher while remaining cool.

As for cards, pity my RMA came back before these got released. Guess I should be happy with the upgrade though.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2020, 04:55 PM   #65
Jay20016

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
they AMD drivers seem good now on a 390x for what i can do with it
the UI sure is nicer than the Windows 3 NVidia control panel
Going from the 5700xt to the 2080 super felt weird because I actually did like the new Radeon tools. Couldn't place why, but the windows 3x feel is accurate.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2020, 07:12 PM   #66
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Looking at the NV website, it says you need system power of 750w for both 3090 and 3080. That's something I missed.
It will probably also work fine on a quality 650w, provided you aren't running a massive CPU overclock on a 9900K, or a ton of hard drives in the system.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 05:27 AM   #67
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yeah I really don’t get why they haven’t updated that control panel yet, it’s so ancient.

Figured they’d have made it look like GeForce experience but a control panel version by now.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 06:48 AM   #68
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

tldrdoto – Please clarify if the slide saying RTX 3070 is equal or faster than 2080 Ti is referring to traditional rasterization or DLSS/RT workloads?

Very important if you could clear it up, since no traditional rasterization benchmarks were shown, only RT/DLSS supporting games.

[Justin Walker] We’re talking about both. Games that only support traditional rasterization and games that support RTX (RT+DLSS). You can see this in our launch article here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...raphics-cards/
Old Sep 3, 2020, 06:52 AM   #69
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That’s awesome. Some dude is selling 2080 Ti for 600 bucks on Hard lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:29 AM   #70
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

New DLSS Ultra mode made specifically for 8k gaming on the 3090.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...8k-hdr-gaming/

It's better to actually see the individually downloaded screenshots using the links the article, that pic while it shows clarity doesn't do it justice.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:47 AM   #71
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
New DLSS Ultra mode made specifically for 8k gaming on the 3090.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...8k-hdr-gaming/

It's better to actually see the individually downloaded screenshots using the links the article, that pic while it shows clarity doesn't do it justice.

I think comparisons need to include 4k/8k native with no aa. Because the 4K native they are comparing is with TAA. Reason is I would like to see what each technology's trade offs are to get their results. Example in some comparisons one or the other or possible both could be missing certain details. I guess without a native no aa comparison, we don't know exyacty what the actual tradeoffs are, we can only compare differences between 2 AA solutions. Is dlss actually true aa, meaning it is taking a non aa frame and applying dlss aa to it, or is it taking a taa frame and cleaning up that image?

Just curious, and probably should be discussed in the dlss thread.. and may have already been answered, and I missed it or forgot, but your screen shots reminded me about it.

Also, we should have a native 8k no dlss native in the above comparison, because going from 4k to 8k alone is going to have a cleaner sharper image just due to the resolution change alone as demonstrated going from 1080p to 4k native.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Sep 3, 2020 at 10:54 AM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:51 AM   #72
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So will you be able to use 8K DLSS on a 4K monitor?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:06 AM   #73
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

So ready to upgrade my 1080 (non ti)
Just have to wait and see some real world reviews of these cards. Hope they have inventory!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:13 AM   #74
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
This is what I was just about to ask
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:13 AM   #75
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I think comparisons need to include 4k/8k native with no aa. Because the 4K native they are comparing is with TAA. Reason is I would like to see what each technology's trade offs are to get their results. Example in some comparisons one or the other or possible both could be missing certain details. I guess without a native no aa comparison, we don't know exyacty what the actual tradeoffs are, we can only compare differences between 2 AA solutions. Is dlss actually true aa, meaning it is taking a non aa frame and applying dlss aa to it, or is it taking a taa frame and cleaning up that image?

Just curious, and probably should be discussed in the dlss thread.. and may have already been answered, and I missed it or forgot, but your screen shots reminded me about it.

Also, we should have a native 8k no dlss native in the above comparison, because going from 4k to 8k alone is going to have a cleaner sharper image just due to the resolution change alone as demonstrated going from 1080p to 4k native.

You wouldn't want to play any game without AA just for the sheer fact of shimmering and aliasing even at 4k and 8k. DLSS is an upscaling and anti-aliasing solution, which is why games like Death Stranding look much better overall with DLSS 2.0

But aliasing and shimmering aside, DLSS 2.0 has shown in can match the clarity of native 4k (which is not to be confused with texture sharpening or any other sharpening filter), Death Stranding again being the latest example. Digital Foundry did a pretty long analysis with that game.

Also, the important thing to note is this makes 8k gaming possible. You wouldn't be able to game in 8k otherwise, not at reasonable framerates anyways. So if you can game at 8k with good performance and get better image quality than 4k, why wouldn't you? Of course you do need a 3090 and an 8k monitor/TV.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:14 AM   #76
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:

The way it was presented it appears specifically for 8k televisions and monitors. But who knows, we'll have to wait and see for sure.

The Ultra Performance mode uses a newly trained AI super resolution model, purpose-built for 8K, that offers image quality comparable to native resolution, while rendering only one ninth of the pixels.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:17 AM   #77
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Enable DSR, set to 8K on your 4K monitor, then enable DLSS ... ? LOL
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:22 AM   #78
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Enable DSR, set to 8K on your 4K monitor, then enable DLSS ... ? LOL

Old Sep 3, 2020, 01:17 PM   #79
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Classic!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 03:09 PM   #80
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I think demo said that it works. He tried it at a lower resolution. With DLSS 2.1 it would upscale 4k to 8k and then downscale to 4k if you combine DLSS with DSR. With the new 8k DLSS it should allow us to do the same thing demo was doing at 8k on our 4k monitors.

It's hard to spot the difference between 8k and 4k unless you are within 5 feet of an 85 inch screen or larger. The biggest benefit from 8K would be Aliasing. If we can use DSR at 4k I'm perfectly happy. If we can boost FPS buy pushing DLSS on it then I'm even more happy. Basically all I want is super sampling at 4k and that is pretty much my end game in terms of resolution and AA. RTX will be the new thing visually for a long time to come because we haven't even scraped the surface of what it's capable of. VR will still benefit from resolution in a major way for years to come though.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 06:54 PM   #81
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just wanted to say sorry for the double post (deleted the first one, that I didn't edit). Every once and a while, when I post using my phone at work, it does that because I have lousy cell service. Didn't even see the double post till I got home and opened it up on my computer.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 07:28 PM   #82
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

As of now I'm planning to get a 3080, but not until around November when Cyberpunk releases, and also pending whatever AMD announces. Not yet sure if I'll go for a FE or one of the AIB partners' cards.

I've been using EVGA for my last 3 GPUs and had all good experiences with them, so I'll be interested in theirs first. Whatever I go with should be a decent upgrade from my 5 year old 980 Ti.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 08:31 PM   #83
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I think demo said that it works.
Yeh Death Stranding at 8k DLSS on 4k display, it looks great.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 09:12 PM   #84
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
So ready to upgrade my 1080 (non ti)
Just have to wait and see some real world reviews of these cards. Hope they have inventory!
I would bet on no inventory if your going to play the waiting game.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 09:44 PM   #85
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You gays ordered your cards yet?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 09:45 PM   #86
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You gays ordered your cards yet?

Old Sep 3, 2020, 09:52 PM   #87
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I would bet on no inventory if your going to play the waiting game.
Why do you think that for? Inventory is usually worst at release and gets better a month or two after.

If anything it may be hard to even get an order in at release.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 09:59 PM   #88
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Why do you think that for? Inventory is usually worst at release and gets better a month or two after.

If anything it may be hard to even get an order in at release.
In recent years, stock has been non existent in the graphics card market, with the pricing, I expect it to be worse now.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:09 PM   #89
KAC
It might be gays!

I think mining may kick off again because of the pricing. There won’t be any inventory for 3070/3080.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:19 PM   #90
Megaman
Packing heat!

How is NV claiming over 100 FPS in Doom Eternal with RTX on at 4K? Even if Doom supported RT right now I find that hard to believe.