Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 10, 2020, 02:02 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Same. It should be independently verified for the 3080 on Monday.
Nvidia already has 750W as recommended system power on the product page:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ries/rtx-3080/
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2020, 03:36 PM   #152
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Yeah, he confirmed what you hoped for but somehow he made it into a

You know Billy!

Don't you know by now? Anything less than 130% performance improvement is a big fat fail.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2020, 04:19 PM   #153
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Don't you know by now? Anything less than 130% performance improvement is a big fat fail.
Which Big Navi is sure to bring.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2020, 04:24 PM   #154
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
no 30% to 35% is just normal but way too many seem to think it is the second coming
because it has gone back to the normal pricing of a 1080 ti that had way better uplift over the 980 ti
Quote:
Which Big Navi is sure to bring.
doubtful

maybe a little faster than 3080
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2020, 04:41 PM   #155
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
no 30% to 35% is just normal but way too many seem to think it is the second coming
because it has gone back to the normal pricing of a 1080 ti that had way better uplift over the 980 ti

doubtful

Billy! Now your changing your tune, was going to be 5 to 10 percent from you before release, now its 30 to 35 percent and your still moaning.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2020, 04:47 PM   #156
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

doubtful

Bill maybe you're looking at it the wrong way. Nvidia has 75/80% of the dGPU market and that's a fact. I'm one of the 20/25% who don't buy Nvidia and one of the reasons is their insanely stupid prices. So imagine my surprise when I find that the 3080 is only Ł649 I nearly fell off my chair

Suddenly for the first time in a long time I'm interested. Maybe Jensen has realised that to increase market share and make it difficult for AMD he needs to lower the price. Fine by me I'll buy the 3080.That means AMD loses a usually guaranteed sale and it it will be difficult to get me back. When you've only got at most 25% of the market losing guaranteed sales is a big issue.

As I said before I really don't care if the AMD card is faster and cheaper it's too late especially if the AIB cards aren't released immediately. Hosta la Vista baby.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2020, 05:24 PM   #157
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

water blocks

https://videocardz.com/newz/first-wa...-3080-are-here

don't think i like the Alphacool
Old Sep 10, 2020, 05:41 PM   #158
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

How do they cool memory chips on the back of the PCB?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 05:50 PM   #159
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
How do they cool memory chips on the back of the PCB?
back plate ?

same as the strix

Old Sep 11, 2020, 07:37 AM   #160
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I wouldn't trust passive cooling to cool off these hotter running GDDR6X chips. I think that's part of the reason the FE cooler was designed the way it was.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 07:41 AM   #161
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Seeing the meltdown on the Nvidia subreddit about the performance benches only showing 30% improvement.

"But, they said it would be 2x as fast as the 2080Ti!"

I also enjoy seeing them try to claim that it shouldn't be benched against the 2080Ti. Which I respond, which cards are the RTX2080Ti Folks planning on buying this generation? The 3080 or 3090?
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:13 AM   #162
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Who said it was going to be 2x as fast as 2080Ti? Not even a 3090 would be able to accomplish that.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:19 AM   #163
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

A few on the subreddit. People who just haven't been paying attention to details.

Food for thought.

Now that it's clear that the RTX3080 is 90% faster than the 2070 Super, it shows the bar that AMD's Big Navi has to meet.

AMD has made it clear that RDNA2 will be twice the performance of RDNA1. That puts it smack dab in RTX3080 territory.

We still don't know squat about Big Navi until a month and a half from now. But **IF** AMD can hit that mark, doubling the 5700XT hardware and with the benefits of 7na+, we just might have a real great fight on our hands this fall. Which means a price war, and more availability.

Explains why the cost of the RTX3080 is low and why there is that large space between it and the RTX 3090.

This is good news all around, and tbh unless you have your heart set on a 3080, which is cool, waiting a bit might be the smart play. Especially if you have more funds and Nvidia drop a RTX 3080Ti.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:29 AM   #164
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why the hell do people think NV won't release a 3080TI? It's pretty much guaranteed. This is a standard NV release.

The amount of mental gymnastics some people are doing in order to make AMD look good is mind blowing. Somehow, NV will release a 3080TI in 4-6 months after the 3080, and people will say "Thanks AMD!" as if that isn't the standard that NV has worked with for multiple generations. People need to forget Turing entirely and stop trying to make it out to be the standard when it was the exception in multiple ways.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:31 AM   #165
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Which I respond, which cards are the RTX2080Ti Folks planning on buying this generation? The 3080 or 3090?
Quote:
Explains why the cost of the RTX3080 is low and why there is that large space between it and the RTX 3090
This seems super contradictory. Maybe I misunderstood it.

I'll never understand all the comments about how low the prices are now, when they are exactly what they should have been in the first place. If people agree that the 3080 is the new 2080Ti and is the one to compare it to, the price is exactly what it SHOULD be. Around $700...which is what the 1080Ti was. Just blows my mind. The marketing gurus at NVidia are geniuses.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:37 AM   #166
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
This seems super contradictory. Maybe I misunderstood it.

I'll never understand all the comments about how low the prices are now, when they are exactly what they should have been in the first place. If people agree that the 3080 is the new 2080Ti and is the one to compare it to, the price is exactly what it SHOULD be. Around $700...which is what the 1080Ti was. Just blows my mind. The marketing gurus at NVidia are geniuses.
Agreed it is where it should be. But let's be honest here. If Nvidia knew that AMD had nothing to bring to the table it wouldn't have priced the RTX3080 at $700, they would have charged more.

They put the RTX3080 right in that spot, for that amount of money because that's where they think Big Navi will live.

How much you wanna bet, Nvidia going to piss off their fans, with dropping the RTX 3080Ti, to compete with Big Navi and price it just $100 more. Right after dropping the 3080 and their fans are going to be sitting there with their dicks in their hands going WTF.

*If the 3080 beats Big Navi, you won't see the 3080Ti till next year. If Navi wins conclusively, watch them drop the 3080Ti right before the holidays.

There is no way Jensen will allow AMD to take the performance crown. I'm telling you, waiting is the smart move here for your dollar.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:40 AM   #167
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Half-Life 2

3080Ti is coming it's a question of when and how much. Big Navi has a chance but from all the recent leaks we know as far as VRAM nV will beat them in speed.

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:43 AM   #168
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

Quote:
3080Ti is coming it's a question of when and how much. Big Navi has a chance but from all the recent leaks we know as far as VRAM nV will beat them in speed.
That card isn't Big Navi.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:44 AM   #169
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

All of that may be true, and I have no issues with it. I just get a bit of a laugh every time someone mentions how cheap the cards are.

Depending on someones viewpoint of what exactly the 3080 competes with, the prices are either:

A. Exactly what they should be
B. Even more than the 2000 series (if the 3090 is new 2080Ti, it went up)

We've all been wanting competition between the two for years, and it seems like we may actually get that. I personally wouldn't be surprised or bothered by a 3080Ti getting released not long after I purchase a 3080 (if I do...). Again, we've been wanting the competition...these things are going to happen. People are hard to please.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:45 AM   #170
Gregor976
Radeon R520

Gregor976 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGregor976 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hmm.

Gregor976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:47 AM   #171
acroig
Troll SMod

They benched at 1080p?

What for? Who would buy a 3080 for 1080 res?

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:50 AM   #172
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

It's going to be so great watching these two camps fight it out. Especially when it comes to pricing.

There will be a price war.

I'm telling you, if you only have X to spare this fall, the smart move is to be patient and wait for benches.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:52 AM   #173
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
That card isn't Big Navi.
My point still stands, Big Navi not getting HBM2 or GDDR6x....

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:53 AM   #174
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thanks for whatching though.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:53 AM   #175
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I'm telling you, if you only have X to spare this fall, the smart move is to be patient and wait for benches.
I don't disagree with that, that is the smart move. I'm locked into a G-Sync monitor that I cannot afford to upgrade at the same time as the vid card so nV is the way forward for me this gen.

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:54 AM   #176
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thanks for whatching though.
I watched, 4K benchies were impressive.

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 09:28 AM   #177
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes I am confused if I want a 3080 or shall I just wait for 3080 Ti.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 09:32 AM   #178
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

you should wait.

One less guy fighting for limited stock
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:21 AM   #179
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I don't disagree with that, that is the smart move. I'm locked into a G-Sync monitor that I cannot afford to upgrade at the same time as the vid card so nV is the way forward for me this gen.
I dont agree that its a smart move based on the trends, If you dont mind waiting another 6 months it might be a smart move, There is not going to be stock of Nvidia cards in the short term and the price is going to sky rocket in my opinion.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:22 AM   #180
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I dont agree that its a smart move based on the trends, If you dont mind waiting another 6 months it might be a smart move, There is not going to be stock of Nvidia cards in the short term and the price is going to sky rocket in my opinion.
That is the other side of the coin, wait but find no stock.

yoz