Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:38 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Well I am getting a 3080 mainly because of DLSS, plus the fact that is has DLSS for VR as well which is a huge thing to have, when these glasses resolutions are getting higher and higher.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:17 AM   #182
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I dont agree that its a smart move based on the trends, If you dont mind waiting another 6 months it might be a smart move, There is not going to be stock of Nvidia cards in the short term and the price is going to sky rocket in my opinion.
This is the main thing that has been worrying me.

On the one hand I want to wait until November to read reviews of all the AIB cards plus see what AMD has, and really get a sense of what I want to go with. On the other hand though, I'm afraid if I don't try to get something at or near RTX 30 series release date it might be a long time before I can find one I want at a decent price should stock levels end up being poor if I decide on Nvidia.

I'm probably still just going to wait it out, because that's my initial plan and it makes the most sense. Not going to let myself get worked up about it, too many other bigger concerns in life anyways.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:20 AM   #183
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
This is the main thing that has been worrying me.

On the one hand I want to wait until November to read reviews of all the AIB cards plus see what AMD has, and really get a sense of what I want to go with. On the other hand though, I'm afraid if I don't try to get something at or near RTX 30 series release date it might be a long time before I can find one I want at a decent price should stock levels end up being poor if I decide on Nvidia.

I'm probably still just going to wait it out, because that's my initial plan and it makes the most sense. Not going to let myself get worked up about it, too many other bigger concerns in life anyways.
It's the smart move, stick with it.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:25 AM   #184
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

No games require graphics upgrade until November anyways and in November there will be a real fight for people’s dollars by both MS, Sony, Nvidia and AMD.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:39 AM   #185
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
No games require graphics upgrade until November anyways and in November there will be a real fight for people’s dollars by both MS, Sony, Nvidia and AMD.
For those of us with 1080Ti's, we've been needing a graphics upgrade for many games for a couple years now.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:41 AM   #186
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So Cyberpunk has been an nV game for a while now so....
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:43 AM   #187
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
So Cyberpunk has been an nV game for a while now so....
no nV logo
https://www.cyberpunk.net/us/en/
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:46 AM   #188
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
C'mon Bill....

Scroll down.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:48 AM   #189
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
C'mon Bill....

Scroll down.
He's trying too hard....

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:48 AM   #190
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:49 AM   #191
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
C'mon Bill....

Scroll down.
sorry i missed the rtx logo
page Scrolls odd with stops
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:50 AM   #192
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
sorry i missed the rtx logo
page Scrolls odd with stops
You can thank the wonderful mobile community for that gift of garbage web design. Everything seems to be moving to it.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:07 PM   #193
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
For those of us with 1080Ti's, we've been needing a graphics upgrade for many games for a couple years now.
Maybe for the few people who play at 4k, but for most I would say KAC is correct in that Cyberpunk might be the first big title in a long time to really push a lot of people to feel the need to upgrade. Not really out of necessity though, just out of desire to play a highly anticipated premier title at the best performance and graphics detail they can. Most people, yes MOST - not Rage3d people, actually don't need bleeding edge hardware, 4k res, and all max settings.

I'm still on a 980 Ti at 1440p and its been chugging along just fine getting me at or near 60fps with mostly max settings in current high demand titles like Death Stranding. If you take recent reports of how many people actually game at 4k its still an extremely small percentage of gamers.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:13 PM   #194
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Maybe for the few people who play at 4k, but for most I would say KAC is correct in that Cyberpunk might be the first big title in a long time to really push a lot of people to feel the need to upgrade. Not really out of necessity though, just out of desire to play a highly anticipated premier title at the best performance and graphics detail they can. Most people, yes MOST - not Rage3d people, actually don't need bleeding edge hardware, 4k res, and all max settings.

I'm still on a 980 Ti at 1440p and its been chugging along just fine getting me at or near 60fps with mostly max settings in current high demand titles like Death Stranding. If you take recent reports of how many people actually game at 4k its still an extremely small percentage of gamers.
OMG, you've really got to stop being so defensive about hardware/graphics, etc.

I made a joke to KAC where we both were likely implying 4k.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:22 PM   #195
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

4K60 is not really what I am looking for right now. I have my LG CX 55 that I haven't used since arrival because I can't game at 4K60 (even when sometimes 2080 manages to push that through like in MW).
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:28 PM   #196
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
OMG, you've really got to stop being so defensive about hardware/graphics, etc.

I made a joke to KAC where we both were likely implying 4k.
I'm not being defensive, just posting a comment. But I do notice a lot of people on here get triggered by my posts lol.

I think I bring a different point of view that some here are just not used to hearing.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 01:32 PM   #197
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Not sure I'd say Death Stranding is a demanding title either.

My 1660ti is good enough for 98% of game at max details at 2560x1080, but VR it falls apart on games like Half Life Alyx, or I have to turn details down.

If I wanted low graphics I'd buy a damn toasterbox.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 01:42 PM   #198
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
You, sir, are in the club!

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 01:45 PM   #199
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Not sure I'd say Death Stranding is a demanding title either.

My 1660ti is good enough for 98% of game at max details at 2560x1080, but VR it falls apart on games like Half Life Alyx, or I have to turn details down.

Yeah, I guess it is fairly well optimized for older systems.

Not sure what happened to Horizon Zero Dawn then, which also uses the Decima engine.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 01:52 PM   #200
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Yeah, I guess it is fairly well optimized for older systems.

Not sure what happened to Horizon Zero Dawn then, which also uses the Decima engine.
DLSS not supported there, real shame.

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 02:36 PM   #201
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Death Stranding is less demanding, almost no vegetation, textures are not that diverse in a small area, almost no NPC's.

It's a good looking game for sure, but asset wise it's very sparse and open.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 03:23 PM   #202
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 06:01 PM   #203
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So if titles support DLSS, is there any reason to not use it on my newly purchased 3000 GPU?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 06:56 PM   #204
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
So if titles support DLSS, is there any reason to not use it on my newly purchased 3000 GPU?
No, especially DLSS 2.0.

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:40 PM   #205
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
No, especially DLSS 2.0.
I would say yes if not 2.0 or at least the the middle ground that only control uses.
It’s crap on all the original games.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 08:51 PM   #206
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2020, 09:28 PM   #207
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I dont agree that its a smart move based on the trends, If you dont mind waiting another 6 months it might be a smart move, There is not going to be stock of Nvidia cards in the short term and the price is going to sky rocket in my opinion.
If stock is really that low then you're saying Nvidia flat out failed this gen. In that case all AMD has to do is get products to market.

But if Nvidia really thought they couldn't deliver cards to sell why would they price the 3080 as they have? I just don't see the pricing reflecting this extreme scarcity some people seem to be worried about. Maybe there won't be that many available at release, but 2 months out things should look better, IMO.

Quote:

The truth is the only reason you really need high end hardware at this point is: 4K, 1440P 144 Hz, or VR. Anything other than that and you're probably fine with a midrange or even a low end card. If it weren't for VR and the fact I now have a 1440P 144 Hz monitor, I'd be running an RX 5700 if not an RX 580.

Point being, if you're happy with what you've got then more power to you. You end up saving a lot of money that way.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 09:56 PM   #208
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If stock is really that low then you're saying Nvidia flat out failed this gen. In that case all AMD has to do is get products to market.

But if Nvidia really thought they couldn't deliver cards to sell why would they price the 3080 as they have? I just don't see the pricing reflecting this extreme scarcity some people seem to be worried about. Maybe there won't be that many available at release, but 2 months out things should look better, IMO.

The truth is the only reason you really need high end hardware at this point is: 4K, 1440P 144 Hz, or VR. Anything other than that and you're probably fine with a midrange or even a low end card. If it weren't for VR and the fact I now have a 1440P 144 Hz monitor, I'd be running an RX 5700 if not an RX 580.

Point being, if you're happy with what you've got then more power to you. You end up saving a lot of money that way.
i think they jumped the gun to get out before AMD .
a point that AMD might have something as good or better than the 3080 and why the lower price

so low stock to start

and with low yields and mining it could be months
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:15 PM   #209
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Why would NV release their GPUs at a lower price now when there is no competition?

Wouldn't it be a wiser idea to bump the price now for 2.5 months and then drop the price when Navi comes out, IF, AMDs GPUs are on par?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:35 PM   #210
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I haven't been keeping up with this thread so maybe it's already been discussed but Nvidia announced that it's NDA has been pushed back until September 16th and they have announced the release date for the 3070 will launch on October 15th.

Last edited by the_sextein : Sep 11, 2020 at 10:59 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote