Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 9, 2020, 06:00 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra @ +500mem/+100core

Port Royal 12583

Boundary Benchmark: 66.8FPS Avg @ 3840x1600 DLSS Quality

Firestrike Extreme: 20935 (9900K @ 5Ghz/4.7cache) / GPU Score: 22805
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Oct 9, 2020 at 06:15 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2020, 06:34 PM   #62
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Awesome, thanks. You liking it so far?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2020, 07:41 AM   #63
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

315 lbs in my prime.

now probably 100 lbs

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 10, 2020, 08:37 AM   #64
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Awesome, thanks. You liking it so far?
She's desperate for watercooling. Runs quite warm but clock speeds are solid. I'm getting 2025 even at 70c. I haven't seen the card under 2000 at all. This is gaming at 3840x1600, so power usage/gpu usage is almost always 99%
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:17 AM   #65
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
She's desperate for watercooling. Runs quite warm but clock speeds are solid. I'm getting 2025 even at 70c. I haven't seen the card under 2000 at all. This is gaming at 3840x1600, so power usage/gpu usage is almost always 99%
I think you got a great chip there, you've done well boy!

yoz
Old Oct 10, 2020, 01:52 PM   #66
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I've noticed my card will boost higher if I limit FPS because of the power draw. Not a big deal just an observation. If I limit my FPS to 60, my card will jump to 2140Mhz with zero fluctuation. Raise it to 100FPS and it will jump between 2020Mhz and 2080Mhz. Raise it to 120FPS and it fluctuates from 1980Mhz to 2050Mhz.

This is with a 100Mhz OC on the core. I pushed VRAM up 600mhz but it stopped improving my results. It didn't hurt them but it's no longer improving them either.

Temps with the default fan curve are around 69C. If I use the default fan curve from MSI afterburner, my temps drop down to about 61C. Pushing the fans to 100% is pretty loud but it keeps the cards as cool as my 1080TI's were under water.

I love this card. It's built solid and has some heft. It looks great and it's default fan curve keeps it cool and quiet. This is the best founders edition ever made that is for sure. It may be the best card I have ever owned in terms of engineering and build quality.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2020, 01:54 PM   #67
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Great results guys
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2020, 02:00 PM   #68
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Of course limiting FPS will allow higher clocks; there's less power draw due to lower load.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 05:22 AM   #69
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Can anyone with a 1080 Ti benchmark Firestrike Extreme. I am getting some seriously weird results.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/12155499/fs/23721844

So my 2080 is slower in Firestrike Ultra compared to the 1080 Ti.
Same for Firestrike Extreme when compared to my 1080 Ti.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/23720937/fs/12114362

Dafuq? Latest drivers. My CPU is of higher clock than my 5930K and 2080 is banging about 2000 Gs and 7425 on the memory. Other benches like Timespy etc. are better on the 2080 for sure.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:32 PM   #70
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I normally push the power limits all the way up and see how far I can push the clocks before it runs out of power. I decided to push the Vcore all the way up this time because this card can handle the heat. I pushed the GPU core 115mhz and it eventually crashed. So 100mhz is as far as I can push the GPU core. I did however, manage to push the VRAM up 750mhz with actual improvements to performance this time.

So it's at:
+.100 Vcore
+14% power levels
90C heat limits
VRAM is at 10500mhz or 21Gb/s
Throughput is at 1 Terabyte according to GPUZ
Temps didn't really change much. It sits around 66C in most games but I've seen it reach as high as 71C at times. I'm using the default fan curve which is excellent regarding noise.

GPU clocks fluctuate no matter what I do. Even if I increase the power and voltage to the max without overclocking anything. With the settings above, the GPU core fluctuates between 1905mhz and 2100mhz. It averages out to about 2Ghz when all is said and done.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:39 PM   #71
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Increasing voltage to max will only make the clock fluctuation worse, as the card will go to higher voltages and then bang the power limiter, making it bounce up and down. Best bet is to leave voltage alone, max power limit, and then decide the balance between memory and core OC. With so many memory chips onboard, clocking the memory to +750 is likely taking up at least a few percentages of your power limit.

If you want to make the clocks steady, you'd need to lock the card around 0.8-0.9v and do it that way. Lots of people are doing voltage-frequency curves instead of standard offsets.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:43 PM   #72
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Looks like it's gaining me about 5FPS in each of the 3 games I tested in. Not exactly mind blowing.

EDIT:

@ Nunz, I'm not really worried about stabilizing it. That's the way it works out of the box and Even the 480watt 3090 strix fluctuates like that. It will usually flux between 2 different frequencies but it changes based on the game due to each game being demanding in different ways and running at different frame rates ect.

Last edited by the_sextein : Oct 11, 2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 12:00 AM   #73
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

So, I decided to back down the VCORE to default. I may end up having this card for a long time so I don't want to damage it's lifespan with an OC that really isn't providing much.

I have power limit at 114% and +100mhz on the core with +750mhz on the VRAM. I'm still seeing about 5FPS increase over the stock settings. I played RDR2 for about 4 hours with no stability issues and temps are about 62C with the default fan profile. The 3090 FE cooler is a beast. GPU fluctuation in RDR 2 was 1920mhz to 1950mhz. It started out at 2ghz but dropped after about 5 minutes of play.

The official RDR 2 benchmark with max everything at 4k gave me 65FPS averages. I am using TAA on high with 4X MSAA for reflections. Everything else was maxed out and turned on. I'm seeing FPS between 50FPS and 70FPS in game with it usually hovering around 65FPS most of the time. It's plays nice and I'm enjoying it finally. It's a shame I can't get 60FPS minimums with SLI anymore but at least I have G-sync now to help out with the 50FPS drops here and there.

Last edited by the_sextein : Oct 12, 2020 at 12:10 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 09:32 AM   #74
KAC
It might be gays!

Finally broke 7 Gs in Port Royal lol.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/51626145

Broke 11 Gs in Time Spy.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/14533354

Last edited by KAC : Oct 13, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 08:01 PM   #75
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Port Royal 12639.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/51643241?

This is using the STRIX OC Bios. I don't even have the AC on, and this isn't at my max clocks. Dear lord!
Old Oct 13, 2020, 08:06 PM   #76
acroig
Troll SMod

Kicking ass Nunz!

yoz
Old Oct 13, 2020, 08:10 PM   #77
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Best I could squeeze out of the FE was +125c/700m and landed 12055 on port royal.

That being said I was not expecting to beat 12k with the FE. Aorus comes in tomorrow, then we will see how that does then I will figure out which to sell. Overall was pleased with the FE.

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/396397
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Oct 13, 2020 at 08:17 PM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2020, 08:12 PM   #78
KAC
It might be gays!

12 Gs on this is awesome. Wow.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 08:22 PM   #79
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Time Spy: 17851
Graphics Score: 19406

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/14542807

That Port Royal score put me at #90 in the 3DMark HOF for 3080 single-gpu lol
Old Oct 14, 2020, 06:54 PM   #80
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

This is my finalized OC for my 3090 FE.
GPU Core +125Mhz
Memory +600mhz
I used MSI Afterburner with the default bios and an unmodified fan profile.

Timespy:

Last edited by the_sextein : Oct 14, 2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 08:11 PM   #81
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/51680154?

Looks like this is the most I can get out of the Aorus

+130 core +1100 memory 12284.

Now that being said the Aorus Master bios is locked at 100% power limit, so I can't go above.

But look at those temps, deer lord this thing cools so well. Granted that's fans at 100%, but even on auto it never exceeded 62c back to back runs.

Comparing to some others I wonder if the 3700x is holding me back from a few hundred points because I have some pretty decent memory and core clocks on 100% power limit.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Oct 14, 2020, 08:23 PM   #82
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Lowered memory down to +1000, upped core to 135 and got 12293.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/51680422?
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Oct 14, 2020, 08:35 PM   #83
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

I'm not sure why the change, but after running some benches I was able to run +175 back to back on the core with no problem.... Before I was stuck at 130. Wonder if the card needed to just break in some.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/51680658?

Average core clock frequency 2089
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Oct 14, 2020, 08:38 PM   #84
Nunz
RIP Roxen

looks like good silicon
Old Oct 14, 2020, 08:51 PM   #85
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
looks like good silicon
Thanks, can confirm that's all she's got. Once I put 175 on the core, I couldn't get back to +1100mem. Got stuck at 1000.

I don't think I can ask for more on a 370 watt bios. I may play with the strix bios, but I'm not sure it's worth maybe 100 more points. Plus I'd never run it that balls to the walls for normal use anyways. I'm pretty happy with it.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Oct 15, 2020, 08:49 PM   #86
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Not really a benchmark but I got the latest beta release of Daz studio and ran some tests. The scene I was rendering that ran my 1080TI out of VRAM was the first scene I tested. Now that it doesn't crash I can see that it uses 12,650MB of VRAM.

It took my two 1080TI's and 980TI 58 minutes to complete a single frame. The 3090 can do it in 12 minutes. So the 3090 is a little more than 4X the speed of my old triple card setup. My animation loops that used to take 10 hours or more now take 2 hours and 15 minutes. It's crazy how fast the RT cores in this thing can change 3D render times. Worth every penny.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 10:02 PM   #87
acroig
Troll SMod

Based on that time savings I'd say that 3090 was well worth it for you.

yoz
Old Oct 15, 2020, 10:29 PM   #88
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Not really a benchmark but I got the latest beta release of Daz studio and ran some tests. The scene I was rendering that ran my 1080TI out of VRAM was the first scene I tested. Now that it doesn't crash I can see that it uses 12,650MB of VRAM.

It took my two 1080TI's and 980TI 58 minutes to complete a single frame. The 3090 can do it in 12 minutes. So the 3090 is a little more than 4X the speed of my old triple card setup. My animation loops that used to take 10 hours or more now take 2 hours and 15 minutes. It's crazy how fast the RT cores in this thing can change 3D render times. Worth every penny.
There's a benchmark thread over on the Daz forums:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discuss...enchmarking/p1

My results for the 3080 are on there. Was the fastest single card until the 3090 was benched. The 3080 still has absolutely unbeatable value though (based on iterations per dollar per hour).
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2020, 07:46 AM   #89
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Looks like the 3090 is 4x the speed of a 1080TI or 2x the speed of a 1080TI SLI setup in terms of RAW iterations. I'm doing animation and I can get away with the tensor core denoising option because a lot of the fine detail is not noticeable in motion due to the blur of frame movement and camera movement within frame. Allowing the Tensor cores to add their power to the render is huge on time savings on top of the RT increase. The extra VRAM allows me to create scenes with more than double the complexity of geometry without being kicked to the CPU.

Looks like the 3090 is 100% faster than a 2080TI in Blender and Daz studio. It's about 50% faster in video games. Has more than double the VRAM and supports the latest RTX and DLSS 2.0 out of the box. For $300 more than a 2080TI, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Nvidia's card launch is terrible thanks to the 7nm shortages forcing them to go Samsung 8nm. Other than that though, I'm really pleased with everything about the 3000 launch.

HDMI 2.1
DVI 1.4
Smaller NV link with 2X throughput
PCIE 4.0 support
GDDR6X VRAM development with Micron
Support for DX12 Ultimate
2x RT core throughput
2X Tensor core throughput
2X cuda core count
DLSS 2.0
Dedicated RTX effects
Super small and compact PCB with radical shape.
Innovative cooler with top notch build quality and excellent cooling/noise control that is better for system temps than any previous 3rd party design while matching card temp performance.
More expensive dual sided manufacturing process for VRAM to be attached on both sides of the card.
12 pin power connector that is smaller than an 8 pin power connector and supplies the power of 2x 8 pin power cables.
384 bit memory bus
Software for lowering latency in competitive games/MFAA/DSR.

Nvidia delivered everything I had hoped for and more at a price point that I'm pretty happy with. $699 is where it should be at for the top gaming card and the Titan cards are more reasonable by $1000 That's a pretty nice price drop from last gen. Pricing looks like it's back to normal for now.

Last edited by the_sextein : Oct 16, 2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 08:02 AM   #90
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Console King

Nice scores guys