Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 22, 2020, 05:21 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I picked up Port Royal the other day while I was buying some games on steam.

the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 09:41 PM   #92
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Fire Strike Ultra

Old Oct 22, 2020, 09:59 PM   #93
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

DLSS 2.0, 4K Quality mode with 3090 FE.

Games like control and possibly 2077 will probably struggle for 4k 60FPS with ray tracing effects maxed out so it's nice to have DLSS2.0 practically double the frame rate. I would rather play native but if I'm getting 30FPS then I'd rather enable DLSS 2.0 rather than turn off ray tracing effects or play at 1440P. Combine the 56FPS result here with G-sync and it looks and moves like 4k 60FPS in motion. I'm pretty happy with the results.

With 24GB of VRAM running at 20.5 Gbs it can provide 1 TB of throughput. 10496 cuda cores with a 2Ghz clock average and the triple slot FE cooler is keeping it all at 50C with the fans cranked. Normal fan profile keeps it at 68C. I'm really impressed with the card so far. I've been playing RDR2 every day for the last week and the performance has been excellent with max settings. I get 50FPS minimums combined with G-sync and it's a great gaming experience.

Also of note, @deathknight, new studio drivers just released for the 3000 series and Daz studio is one of the programs listed for better stability and performance.

Last edited by the_sextein : Oct 22, 2020 at 10:23 PM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 27, 2020, 04:56 PM   #94
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

DLSS Test (Port Royal)

Without: 44.29 FPS

With (performance): 96.52 FPS

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 05:27 AM   #95
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

First run of Port Royal w/ +100/+500 and 80% fan.
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/52229820

Will first see games before I do more benching.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 07:38 AM   #96
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Some early numbers purely out of memory.

All benches 1440P max settings including RTX and DLSS

Game
2080 OC avg FPS
3080 avg FPS

Horizon Zero Dawn

Far Cry New Dawn

Shadow of Tomb Raider

COD MW MP
110-130 depending on map
210-238 depending on map

Ass Creed Odyssey

Port Royal

CS GO
399 (pegged)

Still need to play around with it. Change bios and try overclocking etc.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:24 AM   #97
KAC
It might be gays!

Here is Port Royal w/ +120 core / +1000 memory. 12597.
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/52239914

May do another run putting my putter back at 5 G and ram at 3600.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:25 AM   #98
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Nice bro, keep it coming. How are temps and noise?

yoz
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:31 AM   #99
KAC
It might be gays!

Temp remains sub 70 C with excessive gaming using the XOC bios but not changing anything except maxing out power/heat sliders. Default fan profile is good but not as silent as my MSI trio.

With these runs I put fan speed at 85% and it is a noisy ****er. I may peg fan speed to 60% because over it I can hear it.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:33 AM   #100
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Temp remains sub 70 C with excessive gaming using the XOC bios but not changing anything except maxing out power/heat sliders. Default fan profile is good but not as silent as my MSI trio.

With these runs I put fan speed at 85% and it is a noisy ****er. I may peg fan speed to 60% because over it I can hear it.
I think the TUF has the better cooling BUT it does not have an UBER POWAH BIOS..... for 2 FPS more.

yoz
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:36 AM   #101
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I think the TUF has the better cooling BUT it does not have an UBER POWAH BIOS..... for 2 FPS more.
Will see when my TUF cards arrive.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:38 AM   #102
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Jeez-Louise KAC you should start a YouTube tech review channel.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:43 AM   #103
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Jeez-Louise KAC you should start a YouTube tech review channel.

yoz
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:21 AM   #104
KAC
It might be gays!

Ghost Recon Breakpoint runs at 182 FPS. Something seems wrong since I was getting 86 FPS with 2080.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:23 AM   #105
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Ghost Recon Breakpoint runs at 182 FPS. Something seems wrong since I was getting 86 FPS with 2080.
Your 2080 ( 1080Ti with lower VRAM ) ran out of VRAM.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:25 AM   #106
KAC
It might be gays!

Total ram used never hit more than 5 GB.

Also control runs like mad on this. I was having 60-70 FPS in it but with 3080 doing 100-120 FPS depending on scene.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:05 PM   #107
KAC
It might be gays!

Since Lisa benched 3080 in Gears 5, I also did. I hit 119 FPS in the bench with ultra settings with of course all other options also turned on (like AF 16X and AA).
Old Oct 28, 2020, 02:21 PM   #108
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Since Lisa benched 3080 in Gears 5, I also did. I hit 119 FPS in the bench with ultra settings with of course all other options also turned on (like AF 16X and AA).
What did they claim?

yoz
Old Oct 28, 2020, 02:39 PM   #109
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They show slightly under 78 fps for Gears so its hard to believe there is that much of a discrepancy. Did you run DLSS?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 02:45 PM   #110
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
They show slightly under 78 fps for Gears so its hard to believe there is that much of a discrepancy. Did you run DLSS?
AFAIK there's no DLSS in Gears.

yoz
Old Oct 28, 2020, 03:06 PM   #111
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That's why I say you should take these First Party benchmarks with a planet sized piece of salt....
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 03:07 PM   #112
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
AFAIK there's no DLSS in Gears.
Diff api then?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 03:14 PM   #113
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Diff api then?
Doubt it, its only DX.

yoz
Old Oct 28, 2020, 03:46 PM   #114
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Doubt it, its only DX.
He's not running 4K...
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 05:45 PM   #115
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Port Royal - 11328
Graphics Test - 52.45

Anything below 4K is going to be lower then you Intel Boys on my 3700X. Doesn't even up unless I am running 4K with this processor, And I dont run games below 4K. This 1440 non sense is for the light weights.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 05:51 PM   #116
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Your Port Royal score is low regardless of processor. Are you running max power target on the stock 400watt BIOS?

Also, are you running it with Precision X1 open? It's known to be an issue/resource hog. Try running it again with PX1 closed. Many have reported it dropping scores by 300-400 points just having it open.

What was your average clock speed and temperatures?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 28, 2020, 06:00 PM   #117
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Your Port Royal score is low regardless of processor. Are you running max power target on the stock 400watt BIOS?

Also, are you running it with Precision X1 open? It's known to be an issue/resource hog. Try running it again with PX1 closed. Many have reported it dropping scores by 300-400 points just having it open.

What was your average clock speed and temperatures?
I didn't touch anything, You said the same about Deathknights, He has a 3700X as well, I believe this is just about where this processor falls at 1440.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 06:07 PM   #118
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Deathknight is running a 2x 8pin card iirc, so his low 11K would make sense. The EVGA should be pulling about 11800 out of the box, 12000 with max power target on the 400watt BIOS. Port Royal is not CPU bound, but I'm not gonna argue with you back and forth about it.

If you didn't know, PX1 is pretty ****ing awful right now; many (me included) went to MSI Afterburner despite losing manual control of 1 of the 3 fans. Fan control is sort of fixed with the Beta3, so you can set a custom curve for the 2 you can control. Also, make sure you have the BIOS switch on the card set to OC, as it has much better default fan control compared to the normal setting; makes losing control of the 3rd fan not matter much, as it runs close to 1:1 on the OC BIOS switch.

Enjoy your card
Old Oct 28, 2020, 06:47 PM   #119
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Bumping up to max power and +500mem +50core

Port Royal - 11758
Graphics Score - 54.44

Port Royal - 5651
Graphics Score - 26.16

Bumping up to max power and +500mem +100core

Port Royal - 11912
Graphics Score - 55.15

Having precision X1 open definitely knocks it down 400 to 500 points.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Oct 28, 2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 07:12 PM   #120
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
They said all settings on max :shrugs: don't know

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote