Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Nov 1, 2020, 01:34 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
-5%
Because you knew to use it, many don't, especially if you don't buy direct from EVGA.

I'll concede the point to Billy as even Asus announced they are only shipping out OC versions of their TUF cards for now.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2020, 02:07 PM   #152
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Not going to be any different for AMD there Billy. AIB's are going to be doing the same thing.
no i think with 30K+ TSMC wafers per month AMD will do better with much better yields than NV is getting on Samstung

and it only matters to me if they do release the 6900 xt to the AIB's then i may well pay the extra for a Strix or like card or a full water cooled card not AIO
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2020, 02:10 PM   #153
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Because you knew to use it, many don't, especially if you don't buy direct from EVGA.

I'll concede the point to Billy as even Asus announced they are only shipping out OC versions of their TUF cards for now.
and the founders edition is missing in inaction
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 1, 2020, 02:32 PM   #154
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
and the founders edition is missing in inaction
Seriously! I have watched BB for any FEs for weeks and no dice.

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2020, 02:34 PM   #155
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Seriously! I have watched BB for any FEs for weeks and no dice.
they say the thing costs NV like 610 bucks to make with that cooler so at 699 you won't see a lot of them
Old Nov 1, 2020, 02:36 PM   #156
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
they say the thing costs NV like 610 bucks to make with that cooler so at 699 you won't see a lot of them

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2020, 03:55 PM   #157
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Who or whom is they?
Old Nov 1, 2020, 03:57 PM   #158
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Who or whom is they?
You know.... them!

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2020, 04:12 PM   #159
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

KAC, fire up Destiny 2 for a brother, and let me know how many FPS you get with max settings. I want to see if this 3080 is going to give me a locked 144hz. I don't have 4k, but I'm in the middle of 1440 and 4k with this ultrawide.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2020, 04:31 PM   #160
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

How's the MSI monitor? I was tossing up between that and this LG. Also, did you end up using your Distro plate?
Old Nov 1, 2020, 04:58 PM   #161
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
How's the MSI monitor? I was tossing up between that and this LG. Also, did you end up using your Distro plate?
Me? If so I have the distro plate for the new case. This MSI ultrawide isn't bad, but it'd def not IPS quality. I like it overall, but I wouldn't give it 5 stars.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2020, 07:54 PM   #162
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It's meant to have great contrast ratios which is why I considered it
Old Nov 2, 2020, 01:29 PM   #163
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I only did a couple of benchmarks on my EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra.

Below is Kingdom Come Deliverance on what I got with my 2080Ti:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Kingdom Come Deliverance. This has a built in framerate counter but no built in benchmark. So I just loaded my last save and looked down the road in Rattay.

8700k (stock clocks), 2080Ti

Maxed everything out in the game MINUS motion blur which I hate:

3840 x 2160
Ultra High Preset (not really a playable setting, it's there for future hardware according to the game).
HD Textures ON
All LOD sliders maxed in the Advanced graphic section
SMAA 1X

About 42fps, fluctuates plus or minus a few frames when walking around.

They must have come out with performance patch or something because this is an extreme setting (it even says in game Ultra High is experimental for future hardware), I was getting way worse framerates over a year ago when I tested with these settings. Played mainly on very high with some minor tweaks to LOD for actual gameplay.

Does give hope a 3080 (or 3090 if I buy that) will allow me to play at these Ultra high settings with near 60fps or 60fps locked with some minor tweaks.

Now with 3080:

So basically went from about 42fps to 55fps. It flucuates, but KCD is much more playable now with framerates always being 50+ in Rattay on the highest setting possible with all LOD sliders maxed. Setting it to "Ultra High" still gives the warning that is experimental and intended for future hardware, but the game is very playable now at that setting. Just in time for a replay with all DLC's.

Bigger difference with Watch Dogs Legion. This is a mix of settings that I used with my 2080ti to get playable framerates at 4k:

2080Ti:

3080:

Tested on the exact same settings. Vastly improved performance across the board. Driving is much more playable as well.

There is now room for me to start cranking back up the settings from here, now I can finally get my cake and eat it too.

Lastly, this is with everything stock on the XC3 Ultra. I'm going to dive into the EVGA forums and see what other XC3 owners are doing in terms of eeking out more performance. I don't intend to do anything crazy, just look into some mild overclocks and see what can be achieved. Anything extra above the stock performance now would be icing on the cake.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2020, 01:39 PM   #164
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2020, 02:01 PM   #165
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I only did a couple of benchmarks on my EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra.

Below is Kingdom Come Deliverance on what I got with my 2080Ti:

Now with 3080:

So basically went from about 42fps to 55fps. It flucuates, but KCD is much more playable now with framerates always being 50+ in Rattay on the highest setting possible with all LOD sliders maxed. Setting it to "Ultra High" still gives the warning that is experimental and intended for future hardware, but the game is very playable now at that setting. Just in time for a replay with all DLC's.

Bigger difference with Watch Dogs Legion. This is a mix of settings that I used with my 2080ti to get playable framerates at 4k:

2080Ti:

3080:

Tested on the exact same settings. Vastly improved performance across the board. Driving is much more playable as well.

There is now room for me to start cranking back up the settings from here, now I can finally get my cake and eat it too.

Lastly, this is with everything stock on the XC3 Ultra. I'm going to dive into the EVGA forums and see what other XC3 owners are doing in terms of eeking out more performance. I don't intend to do anything crazy, just look into some mild overclocks and see what can be achieved. Anything extra above the stock performance now would be icing on the cake.
Where did you score the 3080? You didn't have one just the other day.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2020, 02:03 PM   #166
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Where did you score the 3080? You didn't have one just the other day.

It's in the other thread, but basically I sold my soul to the devil.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...51459&page=121
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2020, 02:07 PM   #167
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
It's in the other thread, but basically I sold my soul to the devil.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...51459&page=121
Ahhh, didn't know you actually bought.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 03:30 PM   #168
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Ahhh, didn't know you actually bought.
The need was too great....

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2020, 03:41 PM   #169
acroig
Troll SMod

Default 3DMark DirectX Raytracing Feature Test

Run it if you got it!

Must haves:

Win 10 2004;

DirectX RT tier 1.1

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2020, 05:24 PM   #170
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

DirectX Raytracing Feature Test - 45.73FPS at stock clocks
Old Nov 2, 2020, 06:12 PM   #171
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

3090 FE Default Bios
+100Mhz GPU
+650Mhz VRAM
114% power
Vcore=default
Fans 100%

the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2020, 06:51 PM   #172
acroig
Troll SMod

That's about double my score, wow....

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2020, 07:27 PM   #173
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Metro Exodus 4K DLSS+RTX MAX - 61.69FPS
Old Nov 2, 2020, 07:33 PM   #174
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

DirectX Raytracing Feature Test - 47.39FPS at +600mem +100core Max Power

Hardly worth the OC on my system.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 08:07 PM   #175
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
DirectX Raytracing Feature Test - 47.39FPS at +600mem +100core Max Power

Hardly worth the OC on my system.
For less than 2 FPS I would agree.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2020, 08:12 PM   #176
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
For less than 2 FPS I would agree.
I can say for all the games that gave me the most trouble and with turned down settings I now get 4k 60FPS with max settings. With the help of DLSS when using ray tracing.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 08:15 PM   #177
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I can say for all the games that gave me the most trouble and with turned down settings I now get 4k 60FPS with max settings. With the help of DLSS when using ray tracing.
That Metro score at 4K is VERY nice.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2020, 08:49 PM   #178
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
That Metro score at 4K is VERY nice.
Yea that one felt bad sluggish trying to play at 4K with turned down settings on my 1080 Ti.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 09:16 PM   #179
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Metro Exodus 4K DLSS+RTX MAX - 61.69FPS
Turn off DLSS and set the resolution scale to .8 you will get a better looking game with similar performance. The DLSS in Metro is 1.0. It’s blurry and has issues with HDR.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2020, 09:42 PM   #180
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Thanks for the tip. I'm probably going to start metro in a couple weeks for the first time.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote