Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 18, 2021, 08:02 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
I did struggle with the 'value for money' aspect. Never spent anywhere near that before on a card. So glad I did now though as 3080's are now going for more than I paid for this card. I did get £390 for my GTX1080Ti as a bit of compensation.

Worlds gone mad.
I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Glad I got my 3080 for MSRP of $809. As there is no way in hell I would be paying any of the prices I am seeing now. Also got $375 for my 1080 Ti.
You gents got a decent return on your old cards and I could likely get >$375for my 1070 easily. I'm not letting it go though

For me it's a matter of principle after a certain price. I'll pay 10% or maybe 15% if supply is short, but double msrp? No sir, not me lol.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2021, 08:11 PM   #62
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I do agree.

You gents got a decent return on your old cards and I could likely get >$375for my 1070 easily. I'm not letting it go though

For me it's a matter of principle after a certain price. I'll pay 10% or maybe 15% if supply is short, but double msrp? No sir, not me lol.
Yea who would of thought I could have got another couple hundred for my 1080 Ti if I had waited longer
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2021, 05:03 PM   #63
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Yea who would of thought I could have got another couple hundred for my 1080 Ti if I had waited longer
Apparently if I'd waited 8 months I could have got double what I did for my 2080 Ti. And I thought I was being smart by getting ahead of the new release.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 19, 2021, 05:40 PM   #64
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I can get $400 for my old EVGA 980 Ti Classified with original box.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2021, 07:09 PM   #65
Cream
Radeon R700

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I can get $400 for my old EVGA 980 Ti Classified with original box.
I got £240 on ebay for my old GTX980Ti, which had been in my P.C. then my son's P.C. until it got replaced with a RTX3070.
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / 1TB SSD 860 evo / 2TB SSD 870 QVO / 2X 1TB SSD 870 QVO, 2TB hybrid drive storage drive,
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1 & Quest 2, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2021, 09:25 PM   #66
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I got ?240 on ebay for my old GTX980Ti, which had been in my P.C. then my son's P.C. until it got replaced with a RTX3070.
How long ago did you sell it?

I'm wondering how long its been selling for the current prices.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 07:12 AM   #67
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Wtf my 1080 Ti I had is going for $700 to $800 or more now. Forget the pc master race with this crap, It’s out of control. I could have got double for the card I sold a few months ago.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 07:16 AM   #68
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Wtf my 1080 Ti I had is going for $700 to $800 or more now. Forget the pc master race with this crap, It’s out of control. I could have got double for the card I sold a few months ago.
That’s coz you a nub.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2021, 07:29 AM   #69
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I'm keeping my 1080 Ti as a back up card because you never know.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 09:19 AM   #70
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Guys let's keep the mum jokes to off topic as much as possible please.

Thanks.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2021, 09:26 AM   #71
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

Thanks.
Mums's the word.

...I mean Mecca lecca hi, mecca hiney ho.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 09:30 AM   #72
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Mums's the word.

...I mean Mecca lecca hi, mecca hiney ho.
Thanks, I also edited out the J pellets out of another post from you.

We're trying to clean up the tech side of the forums. Thank you for your cooperation.

yoz
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:00 AM   #73
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Thanks.
You too.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:03 AM   #74
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You too.
I very rarely do mum jokes but if you see me do it report me and keep me honest.

yoz
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:15 AM   #75
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

I didn't see any 980s but 1070s are going for $370>$600 on craigslist in our area.

ebay has 980tis going for about the same price range.

No way in H.E. double toothpicks I would pay 3070 msrp for what's essentially an ancient card today.

It's got to stop somewhere .... I hope.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 11:25 AM   #76
Cream
Radeon R700

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Sold on the 2nd Feb.

I usually give my old cards away, So to get £600 for the pair I was amazed.
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / 1TB SSD 860 evo / 2TB SSD 870 QVO / 2X 1TB SSD 870 QVO, 2TB hybrid drive storage drive,
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1 & Quest 2, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 06:03 PM   #77
Nagorak

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I didn't see any 980s but 1070s are going for $370>$600 on craigslist in our area.

ebay has 980tis going for about the same price range.

No way in H.E. double toothpicks I would pay 3070 msrp for what's essentially an ancient card today.

It's got to stop somewhere .... I hope.
The second hand market is probably a pretty thin market in the scheme of things, so it's more prone to distortions. Most people probably buy a GPU new and then use it to the point they either give it away, trash it, or set it on the shelf collecting dust. In other words, there are certain people willing to pay a lot for these cards, but in terms of the overall graphics card market it's likely a drop in the bucket.

To be completely honest with you, if my GPU died and could not be repaired I'd either just play old games or do something else rather than pay the currently inflated prices. I wasn't willing to pay $1500 for a 3090 when that was the legitimate MSRP. I'm certainly not going to pay that much for an older/slower card. Doesn't matter whether I could "afford it" or not, I'm not going to pay rip-off prices on that level.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 07:17 PM   #78
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
The second hand market is probably a pretty thin market in the scheme of things, so it's more prone to distortions. Most people probably buy a GPU new and then use it to the point they either give it away, trash it, or set it on the shelf collecting dust. In other words, there are certain people willing to pay a lot for these cards, but in terms of the overall graphics card market it's likely a drop in the bucket.

To be completely honest with you, if my GPU died and could not be repaired I'd either just play old games or do something else rather than pay the currently inflated prices. I wasn't willing to pay $1500 for a 3090 when that was the legitimate MSRP. I'm certainly not going to pay that much for an older/slower card. Doesn't matter whether I could "afford it" or not, I'm not going to pay rip-off prices on that level.
Yep, you're right about all of that. It's just seeing the asking prices, and then knowing what a difficult time I could have scoring a retail card.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 09:51 PM   #79
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Yep, you're right about all of that. It's just seeing the asking prices, and then knowing what a difficult time I could have scoring a retail card.
Going for a pre built should be straight forward. A few options on the egg and Amazon I saw were decent around the 1.6K to 2K mark.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:38 AM   #80
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I sold a standard rtx 2060 for $700 including shipping
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:41 AM   #81
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I sold a standard rtx 2060 for $700 including shipping
That’s dope.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 05:44 AM   #82
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Going for a pre built should be straight forward. A few options on the egg and Amazon I saw were decent around the 1.6K to 2K mark.
That's the route I'm going. Probably not for a few months though...
Old Mar 21, 2021, 07:43 AM   #83
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Sold on the 2nd Feb.

I usually give my old cards away, So to get ?600 for the pair I was amazed.
So prices have jumped quite a bit since then. I too am wondering how long this will go on.

Definitely not selling my 980 Ti though despite the premium i could get for it. I have a few other back up video cards laying around but it's the best one of the lot.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 03:41 PM   #84
Cream
Radeon R700

Quote:
So prices have jumped quite a bit since then. I too am wondering how long this will go on.

Definitely not selling my 980 Ti though despite the premium i could get for it. I have a few other back up video cards laying around but it's the best one of the lot.
Yeah I guess so, but it's all relative, Try buying a RTX3090 for £1600 now.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 07:44 PM   #85
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Mar 23, 2021, 08:07 PM   #86
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Good news all around! Enjoy! Hey I want those cards back I sold you Millionaire Rage3D club owners! I need that 3K profit.

Where's that Hybrid you were within 3 mins. of getting? Has it truly not moved a min. in the last month?

Last edited by Nascar24 : Mar 23, 2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 08:34 PM   #87
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Good news all around! Enjoy! Hey I want those cards back I sold you Millionaire Rage3D club owners! I need that 3K profit.

Where's that Hybrid you were within 3 mins. of getting? Has it truly not moved a min. in the last month?
I'm about 5 and a half min away. Has come to a dead stop.

yoz
Old Mar 23, 2021, 09:50 PM   #88
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I'm about 5 and a half min away. Has come to a dead stop.
Kick it awake I want your current gpu !__!

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:54 PM   #89
Nagorak

Quote:
Yeah, Asus MSRP is basically scalper prices at this point. Their 3080 is up to $1000+. Meanwhile EVGA only boosted prices by $80. Asus isn't even in the running for a purchase at their current MSRPs.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 05:36 AM   #90
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Yeah, Asus MSRP is basically scalper prices at this point. Their 3080 is up to $1000+. Meanwhile EVGA only boosted prices by $80. Asus isn't even in the running for a purchase at their current MSRPs.
They are ripping people off big time.

yoz