Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 29, 2021, 01:17 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I dunno Pax, my 8086K @ 1440p hangs with the best of them. A 6c/12t CPU is very much the sweet spot today. Problem is that CPU prices for AMD have gone crazy. The same 3600 Ryzen I got for $150 last summer cannot be had today for less than $200. A 5600X is $300 and and Intel 10900KF is as low as $316 at Microcenter?

Crazy....
I might have to buy in the US next year if this keeps up. The 5600x up here is 799$ or the same msrp as the 5900x.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2021, 01:34 PM   #152
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
I might have to buy in the US next year if this keeps up. The 5600x up here is 799$ or the same msrp as the 5900x.
Oh that's just nuts!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2021, 09:43 PM   #153
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Some updated numbers on a 3090 on various cpus vs 6900xt:

https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/...057473/photo/1

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 16, 2021, 07:49 AM   #154
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Some updated numbers on a 3090 on various cpus vs 6900xt:
6900XT is great but aside from the fact that it's ultra rare in the retail channel the RT performance is not there.

yoz
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:06 PM   #155
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
6900XT is great but aside from the fact that it's ultra rare in the retail channel the RT performance is not there.

what isn't "ultra rare in the retail channel" lets face it the retail channel is broken by bots and greedy assholes and stores selling everything for 4 times MSRP both AMD GPU's and CPU's and NV GPU's

and after 2077 and a few others i can live without RT
last time i tried 2077 looked and ran better without RT

almost seems the more RT the more bugs in a lot of games that takes weeks or months to work out
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:57 PM   #156
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

honestly it is dx12. game devs trying to implement dx12 for the first time have tons of bugs because they don't know how to tune it well. where dx11 is handled more by the driver / cards. See outriders as the latest example of this.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 01:09 PM   #157
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

almost seems the more RT the more bugs in a lot of games that takes weeks or months to work out
No it really doesn't
Old Apr 16, 2021, 01:16 PM   #158
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The issues with Cyberpunk have zero to do with RT. Control wasn't buggy at all, neither was Metro Exodus..

Bill just says **** sometimes lol
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 02:02 PM   #159
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
, Billy, I missed him.

yoz
Old Apr 16, 2021, 02:54 PM   #160
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
The issues with Cyberpunk have zero to do with RT. Control wasn't buggy at all, neither was Metro Exodus..

Control was rock solid for me with RTX maxed out but I had lots of issues with Metro Exodus. Game would crash A LOT especially on certain levels. Turning off RTX and some other graphics settings (I think DX12) would always alleviate the crashing.

Wasn't just me either, looking online you will find lots of people had crashing problems with Metro Exodus.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 03:29 PM   #161
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

the RT is buggy in 2077 or does a glass window always look like a funhouse mirror

plus RT needs DX12 NV has always had problems with DX12 .

but sorry to offend all the nvidiaocrats here ..........

.....not
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 08:56 PM   #162
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Hi bill.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 09:20 PM   #163
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Control was rock solid for me with RTX maxed out but I had lots of issues with Metro Exodus. Game would crash A LOT especially on certain levels. Turning off RTX and some other graphics settings (I think DX12) would always alleviate the crashing.

Wasn't just me either, looking online you will find lots of people had crashing problems with Metro Exodus.
Were the crashes due to RTX or due to DX12?

Bill.. not sure where you got the idea that NV has always had issues with DX12. Once again, sometimes I think you just say **** to say ****. I still love you though.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:59 PM   #164
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
If amd had its dlss tech the rt perf wouldnt be that far off. I mean who knows if amd tech is faster at dlss than nvidia for all we know at a given comparable quality level.

On that note there are some rumblings that it might come out sooner than later... tho maybe only for a game or 2 at first.

https://twitter.com/kopite7kimi/stat...00342999310341

Apparently the next amd driver is significant... we'll see

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Apr 17, 2021, 06:57 AM   #165
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
If amd had its dlss tech the rt perf wouldnt be that far off. I mean who knows if amd tech is faster at dlss than nvidia for all we know at a given comparable quality level.

On that note there are some rumblings that it might come out sooner than later... tho maybe only for a game or 2 at first.

https://twitter.com/kopite7kimi/stat...00342999310341

Apparently the next amd driver is significant... we'll see
I agree and AMD is working on its own DLSS solution, I should have stated that at the current time the RT performance is not there.

yoz
Old Apr 17, 2021, 08:01 AM   #166
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Were the crashes due to RTX or due to DX12?
From what i can remember the crashing wouldn't stop unless i disabled both.

Could be misremembering, but i documented my issues at the time in the Metro Exodus thread if you're curious.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 08:23 AM   #167
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Interesting. I never had any issues myself, but I also didn't finish the game either. I don't care enough to research and go through post history to make an argument against an absurd claim that bill made, no offense.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 09:40 AM   #168
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Interesting. I never had any issues myself, but I also didn't finish the game either. I don't care enough to research and go through post history to make an argument against an absurd claim that bill made, no offense.
Never change Nunz.

Seriously though, in PC gaming with so many different configs it's not unusual for certain people to have software issues while others don't.

My particular crashing happened mostly on one particular area (desert level), and when shoveling coal in the train which is a heavy RTX section. Other parts of the game were rock solid for me.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:39 AM   #169
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Yeah I remember people talking about the desert area, now that you mention it.

I did, at one point, test the coal shovel thing, and didn't have any issues. I agree with you though; with PC Gaming and thousands and thousands of different hardware combinations, issues can arise just from compatibility. My issue with what Bill said is that directly blaming one aspect of an entire highly complex graphics engine seems ridiculous.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 03:26 PM   #170
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I actually didn't even see Bill's post. Just saw you mention Metro Exodus and i know i had issues with that game so wanted to chime in.