Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:10 AM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

@4k all settings as high as they go and resolution scale at 100% gives me 56fps in the benchmark and in game seems a bit faster.
Overall, it’s just a bit slower than Odyssey and faster than Odyssey was when I played it on the 2080ti. I think I’m good with that.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 09:30 PM   #452
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Feels like the quality of the audio recordings is all over the place in valhalla.

Some stuff sounds really bad.
Yeah some of the sampling is really bad from what i hear

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 07:15 AM   #453
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yeah seems like the zoom called a few of those voice recordings.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 21, 2020, 04:38 PM   #454
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

not sure if to get this. i love origins but found odyssey boring and a slog.

but as this is based on my countries history im tempted, i liked Syndicate as it was victorian london. and this would be interesting possibly too as i may recognize some locations like dover.

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:58 AM   #455
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
When's the patch for the cheevements?
Ubisoft isn't making Achievements for games on PC anymore, this was the first to not have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
not sure if to get this. i love origins but found odyssey boring and a slog.

but as this is based on my countries history im tempted, i liked Syndicate as it was victorian london. and this would be interesting possibly too as i may recognize some locations like dover.
I also loved Origins and found Odyssey pretty boring, but this one is very good so far.

The characters are great, and as a expat I also play for the location. but besides all that the game is very good.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 01:19 AM   #456
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Ubisoft isn't making Achievements for games on PC anymore, this was the first to not have them.

Yeah but then they changed their minds and said they’ll bring them in.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2020, 01:26 AM   #457
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Yeah but then they changed their minds and said they’ll bring them in.
Quote:
Hello again everyone,

I'm afraid I don't have much additional information to share at the moment, but please rest assured that I've forwarded your queries regarding when achievements will be available, whether they'll be retroactive, and also whether we'll implement a public API for them to the devs for them to update me as soon as possible. Once I know, I'll make sure that you know!
Doesn't sound that soon.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 01:55 AM   #458
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Yeah, I can't recall any Ubisoft game having decent AI.
just from AssCreed, I don't think AI is necessarily like flat out smooth brained, but they are just limited by the game to be stupid
so like the ranged enemies in Ass Creed, will just stand there and use their ranged weapons as you slice through their friends... etc.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:55 PM   #459
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

I am not digging the Animus glitches at all and have skipped them so far. I also find the lack of 1-H swords pretty sad TBH. Besides that, finding the game as addictive to play as the last two have been.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 09:46 AM   #460
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Missing 1-handed viking swords in a viking game is . Well at least for the protagonist because enemies do wield them. Besides isn't a one-handed sword rather a staple element in an rpg?
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 04:21 PM   #461
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

There's a new patch coming for this later in the week. Probably Friday.

I love reading patch notes for games I have not yet started.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:46 PM   #462
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Doesn't sound that soon.
I can't play games without achievements my life depends on them
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 07:21 PM   #463
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

23 hours in, probably 40 more at least to go, sticking with the story pretty much, not running off on the scavenger hunt all that much.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 09:52 PM   #464
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

7 hours in so far still probably a long way from setting sail.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:07 PM   #465
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I haven’t played this game after the first 2 days of using my Xbox
I got so intimidated that I spent like 9 hours in 2 days that I never turned it back on. Happens with all AC games and me.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:31 PM   #466
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

It is a bit of a grind. 26 hours in and I'm sure there is a long way to go. It is pretty much rinse and repeat over and over again. Still enjoy playing but it can also be a bit of a slog. The only thing different is the story and a few of the mechanics and of course the different location.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 08:10 AM   #467
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
It is a bit of a grind. 26 hours in and I'm sure there is a long way to go. It is pretty much rinse and repeat over and over again. Still enjoy playing but it can also be a bit of a slog. The only thing different is the story and a few of the mechanics and of course the different location.

Hmmm I was afraid of this and why I stopped playing Odyssey.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 08:29 AM   #468
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Blah, sounds like typical AC game. I guess by now we all should know what to expect from them.

I think the issue is these games simply don't need to be so long. Also a lot of the time the story is so dragged out and poorly paced you start to forget even why you are doing the things you're doing. Then if the gameplay gets boring there's nothing left to the game to make it appealing.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:18 AM   #469
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Game keeps freezing on me at random points. Looks to be a common problem for people ATM.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:20 PM   #470
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Game keeps freezing on me at random points. Looks to be a common problem for people ATM.
26 hours in on my end now and I have not experienced this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:23 PM   #471
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Blah, sounds like typical AC game. I guess by now we all should know what to expect from them.

I think the issue is these games simply don't need to be so long. Also a lot of the time the story is so dragged out and poorly paced you start to forget even why you are doing the things you're doing. Then if the gameplay gets boring there's nothing left to the game to make it appealing.
If you have not played the last 3, pick the best one and you will definitely enjoy it. I would think at least, But for the most part all the games are the same with different stories and different settings.

On a side note they have totally gimped horseback killing!
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:28 PM   #472
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Sorry to hear this - I don't think the game has crashed on me once? I'm currently somewhere around power level 30'ish.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:44 PM   #473
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
If you have not played the last 3, pick the best one and you will definitely enjoy it. I would think at least, But for the most part all the games are the same with different stories and different settings.

On a side note they have totally gimped horseback killing!
Thanks. Will probably just keep waiting until they are super cheap.

I'm just not that excited about these games. Never really was.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:00 PM   #474
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Patch 1.0.4 dropping tomorrow

All the info here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topi...0-4?lang=en-US
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:01 PM   #475
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That memory leak fix might explain why some people had random crashes.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:04 PM   #476
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I've been holding off playing until patch.. Hurry the hell up, intrigued by graphical enhancements though.. hmmm.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:07 PM   #477
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hope one of the graphical enhancements is a better lod for the tessellation, right now, some objects morph into their detailed shape right in front of you.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:38 PM   #478
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I hope one of the graphical enhancements is a better lod for the tessellation, right now, some objects morph into their detailed shape right in front of you.
You need more rgb

Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:43 AM   #479
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Patch 1.0.4 dropping tomorrow

All the info here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topi...0-4?lang=en-US
Glad to see the ai improvements.

edit: patch is live (4.30gb)

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Nov 26, 2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:51 PM   #480
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yikes! 66 hours played already...
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote