Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 23, 2018, 07:47 AM   #691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I mine LUX with ccminer spmod1 on whatever pool has the best hash and payout frequency. I use xmrig to mine ETN with my CPU.

I have in the past mined a little Zcoin with my GPU and CPU. Kinda off that right now though and have been for a while.

Shoot looks like fedex has changed delivery time to tomorrow on my last 1080. Going to be hard to find time to get it installed then until Sunday evening.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2018, 09:57 AM   #692
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Nicehash (with transfers to Coinbase/GDAX to avoid fees) for me for now, which doesn't actually mine bitcoins directly but instead sells your hashing power to buyers who then use that to mine alt coins

After I pay off my initial investment I'll probably go into a blend of renting hashing power and direct alt coin mining like Riptide does; I do eventually want a diversified alt coin portfolio with coins stored both in online vaults and offsite keys - but for now I'm only interested in obtaining USD until I pay everything off
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:44 AM   #693
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

I tried mining zcash in a pool for a few days, profit was lower than mining via NiceHash, even with Nicehash's fee.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 23, 2018, 05:32 PM   #694
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I am now down to 3 algos only on Nicehash. Lyra2rev equihash and neoscrypt. Makes about 0.0032 - 0.0035 per day which is disappointing.

These SC2 hyrbids are begging for overclock. Waiting on my 3rd psu and then will go wild.

Last edited by KAC : Feb 23, 2018 at 05:59 PM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2018, 05:03 AM   #695
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So today I opened up the sea hawk with a squeaky blower fan. Applied some grease and all is fine in the world.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 09:05 AM   #696
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My last 1080 should be here today. Probably won't have time to install it until tomorrow. This time around going to be a little more involved. m.2 riser which needs an extra molex connector for it not sure I have the cable for it.

I think you're supposed to power it with the same psu that you are using for the gpu you connect with it. Going to complicate things a bit there hoping not to have to re-work everything again.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Feb 24, 2018, 09:14 AM   #697
KAC

You can power with anything doesn’t matter which PSU.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:29 AM   #698
Riptide

Well as it turns out doesn't matter much. Guess I don't need to power the m.2 riser itself with a molex. That is only for when you are plugging an actual 1x card into it that doesn't have power.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:29 AM   #699
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So today I opened up the sea hawk with a squeaky blower fan. Applied some grease and all is fine in the world.
Probably would I should have done instead of sending it back for warranty repair
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:41 AM   #700
KAC

Its not entirely fixed though. At low rpm it makes a lot of noise. At high rpm no noise.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:07 AM   #701
curio
𐐒ananaD

So for this week I've only been gaining about 0.00267 BTC per day on 7 cards; which is unfortunate. Hashrates have definitely taken a hit.

I'm still profitable though; just not what I hoped so far. I'm now on just the 3 algos like you are.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 02:31 PM   #702
Riptide

Got the sixth and final 1080ti in place. m.2 riser seemed to work OK. I can't go over 70% TDP with it though. 850w psu just not gonna cut it for 3 1080ti powered up 100%.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Feb 24, 2018, 03:17 PM   #703
curio
𐐒ananaD

Awesome; looks great. I'll be using my last card through an M.2 adapter when it gets back from repair; I've heard they don't run as fast but close enough
Old Feb 24, 2018, 03:26 PM   #704
curio
𐐒ananaD

So since the beginning I've had one card running much hotter than the rest; when the rest were only pushing 40c-50c at full load & 120% power (window cracked open, cold Colorado winter air pumping in) - there was one card that ran at 65c-68c where it would then throttle because that's where I set my temp limit

The radiator on it also got super hot to the touch compared to the others; and I just figured it much have been an earlier revision of cooling or something - I did buy that one on ebay separate from the rest

Then today I get to looking at it closer, and the fan on that one was turned around and I didn't notice. It was doing pull instead of push - doh! Flipped it back around and now it's the coolest running card I have lol
Old Feb 24, 2018, 04:31 PM   #705
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Thanks to the Oklahoma ice storm, looks like I get my card Monday.

Second card coming in on Wednesday.

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2018, 06:10 PM   #706
KAC

I had the exact same issue. One card had a non led fan and also reversed. Fixed that and it runs fine now.

My squeaky card is back to squeaking. If this continues I will have to g10 that crap.

Seems the squeaking is completely gone. Also it seems that the n970 fan can also fit. Will keep you gays posted on results.

Last edited by KAC : Feb 24, 2018 at 10:29 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:13 PM   #707
Riptide

Zotac AMP in stock today for 739$. An opportunity right there for a aftermarket card at near Nvidia msrp.

I'm good though.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Feb 26, 2018, 02:04 AM   #708
KAC

Ordered 8 for another rig.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 02:37 AM   #709
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Ordered 8 for another rig.
Go big or go home, huh?

Old Feb 26, 2018, 02:51 AM   #710
KAC

A ton of EVGA cards came for pre-order also. Nab them while they are hot.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 08:13 AM   #711
Riptide

Looking forward to hearing more crying about how this is killing PC gaming. When you can get cards without having to try too hard.

This was over a weekend too.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Feb 26, 2018, 09:08 AM   #712
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:

A ton of EVGA cards came for pre-order also. Nab them while they are hot.
Water AIO?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 09:46 AM   #713
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Water AIO?
Yup when I looked Amazon had SC2 Hybrids and FTW Hybrids for 869 and 899 respectively.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:31 AM   #714
KAC

Actually the P104 is the card to get. Mines 20% faster than 1080 Ti, runs 170 Watts and is supposed to be cheaper than a 1070.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:05 AM   #715
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Got the 1080ti in. Blower stuck at 100%.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!

Doing the RMA as I type.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:14 AM   #716
KAC

Seriously, that has gotta suck ass.
Anyways, I have made 550/10450 I have spent on this thing in about 2 weeks. At this pace I will get my money back in 10 months. I really hope gays stop mining during summer so we can have better performance.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:49 AM   #717
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Well, ****.

Put the 1080ti in and ran it with the 2 980ti's .

Now my UPS is FREAKING the **** out!

Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:08 PM   #718
curio
𐐒ananaD

UPS's and mining don't really get along; I stick with just surge protection and line conditioning with no battery backup
Old Feb 26, 2018, 01:10 PM   #719
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/02...es_data_to_irs

Prepare your TAXES well guys and gals.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, Asus Strix 3080Ti OC, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2018, 01:14 PM   #720
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
As reported by CoinDesk, an order from the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in November stipulated that Coinbase must hand over information of more than 13,000 users that had seen over $20,000 trading volume from 2013 to 2015."
Well that's good to know