Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:20 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Default Waking MacBook Pro completely crashes Asus RT-AX86U

This is a fun one... ..damn Macs right..

I got a new MacBook Pro 2019 for work 2 weeks ago and started noticing our connectivity dropping. Starting monitoring it a bit, and found the Router was completely crashing, and this was happening multiple times a day, but never in the evening. I ended up noticing it happened exactly when I would wake and unlocked the MacBook. Checked the logs of the Router and they match exactly. I can repeat this over and over again, it is 100% realted to when the MacBook wakes and wireless is re-established.

I'm updating the Firmware of the Router as we speak and will test, but hoping someone here has seen something similar or a path for me research. Google is worthless on this subject, as everything is about the Mac crashing or wireless failing on the device, not the router.

Router: Asus RT-AX86U
Device: MacBook Pro 2019 Big Sur 11.4
Connection: 5ghz WPA3 Personal & 2.6ghz WPA2 Personal (tried both) | Guest Network | DHCP | No other non-standard configuration

Crash Logs: ~ 5 min before and 5 min after. You'll notice a bunch of the following lines before, but these occur constantly, regardless if the MAC is connected:

Jul 30 09:39:25 kernel: CONSOLE: 211556.570 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: f4:f5:d8:d0:d0:9a: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1

I think my next step is to move it off the guest network and test, although I doubt that matters.

Any help is appreciated.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:23 AM   #2
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

Disable any of the ipv6 garbage you may have, it often causes issues.
Och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:59 AM   #3
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Och View Post
Disable any of the ipv6 garbage you may have, it often causes issues.
Oh good point, doing that now. TY
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad