Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 29, 2020, 11:42 AM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Gay Baron that is a 4K 120 screen.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2020, 11:55 AM   #392
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Gay Baron that is a 4K 120 screen.
Gay kac sadly the game doesn't do 120fps.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 11:59 AM   #393
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Its christmas for everyone in this thread

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:15 PM   #394
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

And they said I couldn't do 4k 60fps in games.

MGS1 k go
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:16 PM   #395
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Meanwhile demo is measuring pixel pitch.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:18 PM   #396
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Fark I can even see them in the screenshot /eyesbleed
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:20 PM   #397
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

In those classic retro games you actually want to see the pixels, as the sprite graphics were crafted with pixels and scanlines in mind.

Sweet beautiful nostalgia.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:24 PM   #398
demo
space cadet

Thanks Dad

Haha nah it looks phenomenal, would love to play metal gear solid one on that. I played it with 64xSSAA and man it was sweet, would love it on that TV.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:27 PM   #399
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Thanks Dad

Haha nah it looks phenomenal, would love to play metal gear solid one on that. I played it with 64xSSAA and man it was sweet, would love it on that TV.
Haha yeah I talk in that "back in my day" tone to my 11 year old son a lot and he just looks at me and rolls his eyes.

I am definitely officially old.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:28 PM   #400
demo
space cadet

Me too. "What's a MGS1?"
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:32 PM   #401
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Mine was years ago when they said what's Sega.

****er was only 15 years younger than me.

On bright side I have educated my 4 year old on old consoles/computers... Well bright side for me, not so sure for him.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:32 PM   #402
KAC
It might be gays!

You gays need to play some modern games.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 01:00 PM   #403
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I dont know if its the perspective of the picture but it looks like you have a way deeper desk than I do Baron. Monitor might suit your desk a little better than mine.

Old Dec 29, 2020, 01:05 PM   #404
SirBaron

Desk is 80cm wide? Or however that part is measured .
Old Dec 29, 2020, 01:06 PM   #405
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You gays need to play some modern games.
A good game is a good game, doesn't matter how old or new it is.

I regularly play games from NES all the way up to current gen and they all give me great gaming experiences.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 01:23 PM   #406
KAC
It might be gays!

80 cm is the minimum required. I have been unable to find a decent desk that doesn’t look like I threw office furniture in my upstairs lounge.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 01:44 PM   #407
SirBaron

YCBCR444 or RGB?

I've read that windows prefer RGB, but YCBCR444 10bit has less banding in colours.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 01:55 PM   #408
Ghastlyone
Radeon Southern Islands

Ghastlyone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
YCBCR444 or RGB?

I've read that windows prefer RGB, but YCBCR444 10bit has less banding in colours.

I run RGB, output dynamic range on Full. 10bit color.

I tried both RGB vs YCBCR444 and I couldn't tell any difference.
Ghastlyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2020, 02:23 PM   #409
KAC
It might be gays!

RGB fool.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 02:34 PM   #410
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Yeah, SirBaron...your desk looks deep as hell. Mine is 29inches {73.66cm), yours is 31in (80cm). Hard to believe it looks THAT far back over a couple inches.

Mine is going to look ridiculous, even if I'm able to hang the stand off most off the way on the back. It seems like that's an option, as most of the weight is forward of the screen.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2020, 02:46 PM   #411
KAC
It might be gays!

Pro tip. If it falls or even tips over to the wall at the back. Chance of survival is 0.0926%.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 02:50 PM   #412
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I do wish these TV's were thinner. I don't understand some of the OLED design choices. Isn't the whole problem of the brightness limiter due to the power requirement of the pixels? Why couldn't they put in a bigger power supply and cooling to accommodate it?

Then they could make the panel all one uniform thickness and trim it down substantially. I'm SURE there is another reason they can't do that.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 29, 2020, 02:51 PM   #413
Ghastlyone
Radeon Southern Islands

Ghastlyone is still being judged by the masses

My desk is 24" deep. I have the CX48 pushed all the way back (part of the stand off the back of the desk). Viewing distance from where I sit is right about 30-36". This is perfect in my opinion. I don't know if I'd want this display any further away.
Ghastlyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2020, 02:54 PM   #414
SirBaron

No it's 80cm deep, it's just that the tv stand is also hanging over the edge by about 10CM too.

Also that photo is slightly misleading, it's a bit stretched and looks deeper than it is, you can tell by looking at my tower.

Last edited by SirBaron : Dec 29, 2020 at 03:04 PM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2020, 03:15 PM   #415
SirBaron

Screen is just far enough away for me.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 04:32 PM   #416
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Hmm...first impressions aren't good for me.

Looks like I should have bought the 8k cable after all, even though I can technically only do 4k 60Hz. I didn't realize it would lock out the color settings. Not really making much sense, since I was able to use all that on my Sony. Anyone know what could be going on as I look into it?

EDIT: On my Sony, I had to enable a setting that allowed max bandwidth. I'll have to find that on this TV also. I assumed it was DeepColor, which is suggested turning on when I switched it to the PC input. However, as soon as it did, the entire screen went green until I turned it off.

EDIT 2: Got it sorted. Turned DeepColor on a 2nd time since I was sure that's the setting it needed on LG's. It worked the second time, text is is better now and I have full color and RGB. No idea why the entire screen went green the first time.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Last edited by OverclockN' : Dec 29, 2020 at 04:38 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 04:50 PM   #417
logical
What is my purpose?

I bought a 48gbps cable before I even got the monitor. I wasnt going to deal with having a shitty cable off the bat.

Old Dec 29, 2020, 04:53 PM   #418
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I could do with sitting back slightly further. It's several inches hanging off the desk right now about 1-2" from touching the wall (the base). Once I wall mount it, it will be 5" further back, and PERFECT.

Potato picture.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 29, 2020, 04:55 PM   #419
SirBaron

Mine went green the first time too.

you turned of cleartype?
Old Dec 29, 2020, 05:29 PM   #420
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Mine went green the first time too.

you turned of cleartype?
Yeah, it's off. Text is fine now.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W