Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:52 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default So I ended up ordering my first pre-built in decades

Due to the way the market is, it is actually cheaper to buy a prebuilt system now than it is to buy the parts and spend the time putting everything together...which is a first for me. The 3070 rtx alone is going for around $1300-1500 (which is retarded). So I ended up ordering one of these;

Quote:
https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/EVO-Mini-I-3070

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition)
St Patricks Featured Promotions: None
Gaming Chassis: Phanteks METALLICGEAR NEO MINI V2 mini-iTX Gaming Case Black w/ Tempered Glass Window (Vertical mount Video Card)
Laser Engraving: None
Extra Case Fans: Default case fans
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-10850K 10/20 3.60GHz [Turbo 5.1GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1200
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: CyberPowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate
Motherboard: ASRock Z490M-ITX/AC Mini-ITX, ARGB, Dual LAN 1GbE/2.5GbE, 1 PCIe x16, 4 SATA3, 1M.2 SATA/PCIe
RAM / System Memory: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Crucial Ballistix Sport)
Video Card: [Extra 2 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6 (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
Video Capture Card: None
Power Supply: 750 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 Series 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Ultra Quiet Full Modular Power Supply
Primary Hard Drive: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k (Single Drive)
Secondary Hard Drive: None
External Storage: None
WiDi Router: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
Monitor: None
Cables: None
Speakers: None
Internal Network Card: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Keyboard: CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: CyberPowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
This monster should be able to hold me for quite a few years, which is the idea. Only downside is I have to wait until May 3rd to get it, but at least I have a date. Was able to use a few discounts and coupons to reduce the price about $350. I calculated all the other parts myself, and it would have ended up costing me around $400 more if I were to build this myself considering the market.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Mar 17, 2021 at 11:27 AM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:05 AM   #2
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

This might be the cheapest way to get an RTX 3070 right now!

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:13 PM   #3
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Decent deal. Might replace that 120 mm cooler with a 240 mm but then it seems you went ITX case so probably going to have a nice cooker in there.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:40 PM   #4
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Decent deal. Might replace that 120 mm cooler with a 240 mm but then it seems you went ITX case so probably going to have a nice cooker in there.
Not sure if a 240mm will fit, but I can always change the case out later if I need to.

Small size, but tons of power.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:47 PM   #5
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Nice, congrats!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:47 PM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Nice. If I buy this year I'll do the same Enjoy
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 01:09 PM   #7
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Whats the total cost?

Sometimes I feel like I should buy a pre-made just to be lazy and have it done when it arrives. Unpack and plug in and off running.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote