Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 8, 2006, 03:55 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Default Gaming / PC input control problem...

Hey there,

I have recently been experiencing problems when playing games.

The problem is that at random moments the controls (both keyboard and mouse) suddenly stop responding to inputs for about 3 - 5 seconds. During this period, whatever was the last command input I pressed, it carries on doing this during the 5 seconds, so if I was strafing right, and this "glitch" kicks in, it will strafe right and I will have no control, likewise if I am stationary and the "glitch" begins, I won't be able to move at all for the 5 or so seconds.

It seems to be some kind of massive lag, as if I press a button, it does actually respond, but some 3 or maybe 4 seconds later.

Then this will pass and the game will be controlled as normal again...

This occurs in both single player games and multiplayer internet games.

So far I have seen it on Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2.

If anyone can assist I would be most grateful before I have to do a format of my HDD. I have had the same PC for the last 8 months and aside from a recent GFX card upgrade have not altered the configuration at all.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 06:19 PM   #2
sandorski
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

I know exactly what you're talking about, but I don't really know why it occurs(technically). However, I found that by turning off unnecessary apps in the background(BOINC in my case) the problem went away, so I suspect a Resource conflict of some sort.

Try that, turn off anything you've got running that you don't need.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 06:44 PM   #3
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

Oh I forgot to mention one thing.

If when running a game I press alt + tab and then 'cntrl alt and del' and then set the current game.exe file to lower priority the lag stops.
Likewise if I increase the priority to "above normal" or "high", this lag massively increases and the game becomes totally unplayable.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 9, 2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Happens to me only on Battlefield 2.

One question: Does it only do this on single-player? Try getting into a multiplayer matchup.

I know that when trying to record single-player videos with FRAPS in BF2, it ALWAYS does the thing in which I'll be walking, then suddenly my mouse and keyboard go numb for a few seconds, then they'll magically work again, and a few seconds later it continues to happen.

I hate that!
Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:01 PM   #5
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

Ive tracked down the problem to my new X1900.

I swapped my card for my Dads ATi X700 and the problem went away.

So for some reason my X1900 is causing some kind of conflict.
If I put the game into higher priority mode the lag becomes total, i mean its totally unplayable.
I put the game into higher priority mode with the X700 installed, and the game didn't change one bit, it was totally normal.

Is there any fix suggestions for this?

It happens in both single player and multiplayer.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 06:00 AM   #6
systems
Radeon Northern Islands

systems is still being judged by the masses

I would mention this to ATI directly via their tech support page. They'll want a full DXDIAG report from you so have it ready.
systems is offline   Reply With Quote