Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 16, 2021, 01:36 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default The MSI Mag251RX arrived ...

Hi all

Just played Doom eternal on 240hz.
First impressions.
Uniformity is kinda sucky.The right edge is darker.Can be swallowed.
Bigger IPS glow than Benq when having a completly black picture.
The calibration kinda sucks.
No dead pixels or hairs, dirt remains.
Pixel density is lower than on Benq and i am sensitive.Also the resolution is lower than Benq. 1920x1080 on MSI versus 1920x1200 on Benq.

The latency is impressive and much responsive in 240hz

I kinda not like it 100%.I am not very wow-ed.

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 16, 2021 at 11:43 PM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2021, 08:12 PM   #2
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

I've heard that you really hit diminishing returns above 144hz.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:23 PM   #3
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I've heard that you really hit diminishing returns above 144hz.
I will test this.I just jumped from 60hz to 240hz in Doom Eternal and windows.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 17, 2021, 07:56 AM   #4
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Now i know why the MSI have colors way off than Benq.Is not only the calibration.

https://gamingrig.com/lcd-display-panel-types/

It has an AHVA panel made by AU Optronics and this is derivative from IPS

Quote:
AHVA panel
The Advanced Hyper-Viewing Angle (AHVA) panel is also a modified version of the IPS panel. This panel was developed by AU Optronics.

Advantages

The AHVA is faster than the IPS panel. This is a good option if you want a faster monitor panel and a better color production than the TN.
AU Optronics offered a 144Hz AHVA panel in 2014. This is a good option for even professional gamers so far they’re not playing ultra-fast games.
The AHVA has excellent viewing angles as you would expect from panels based on the IPS technology.

Disadvantages

Although AHVA’s color production is better than that of the TN monitor panels, it’s not quite as good as the IPS panel.
This could be a case of sacrificing a bit of color for a bit of speed. If you’re only into color quality, the IPS monitor may be your best bet.
If the only feature of a monitor that matters to you is its speed, then you may still find other options apart from AHVA more suitable.
For instance, the TN could be your best option if you’re only looking for raw speed. There are many TN monitors offering refresh rates of 240Hz for ultra-fast games.

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 17, 2021 at 08:06 AM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 09:11 AM   #5
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Stop buying monitors from non experts. You want to see 240 Hz buy a G7.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 09:29 AM   #6
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post

Thx for advice.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 09:52 AM   #7
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Thx for advice.
I bought one after KAC got his and it's been great.

Not cheap though...

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:05 AM   #8
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I bought one after KAC got his and it's been great.

Not cheap though...
The 27 inch one is 700$ ...
Old Mar 20, 2021, 04:41 AM   #9
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

After going back and forth between MSI and Benq i am going back to Benq.I gave the MSI to someone else to experience a high refresh rate monitor.
With Benq i have a tendency to replaying games for the sake of admiring the graphics and color.I am playing Gris.I am still wow by the color reproduction even if it's ips.The image is natural and i don't feel the push to adjust anything.The image is not pixelated.It's nice and clean and subtle.
I will let the gaming monitor market to bake more.No QC ordeal.Now i am enjoying gaming.I am done with this monitor hunting for now.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 11:15 AM   #10
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

We all rejoice....

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote