Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 25, 2021, 08:57 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I don't think it'll fit tubes down. You'll need to go tubes up for a front mount.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2021, 08:59 PM   #62
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I don't think it'll fit tubes down. You'll need to go tubes up for a front mount.
Yeah, my guess is the gpu will get in the way.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2021, 09:12 PM   #63
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Dang that wouldnt be great they say to always keep the tube intake low so as not to suck air in the tubes. Can you go sideways in that case? There seems to be a removable plate next to the front case fans.

Also Ive read the rad is just 19 mm thick can you confirm that? One link said 38 mm but that would be with the fans?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org

Last edited by pax : Mar 25, 2021 at 10:15 PM.
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 25, 2021, 09:26 PM   #64
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Dang that wouldnt be great they say to always keep the tank low so as not to suck air in the tubes. Can you go sideways in that case? There seems to be a removable plate next to the front case fans.

Also Ive read the rad is just 19 mm thick can you confirm that? One link said 38 mm but that would be with the fans?
The pump is in the cpu block so as long as the block is lower than the tank tubes you're golden. With a top mount or a front mount (with the tubes up top) that principle is preserved.

The tank is 38mm thick. The fans are 27mm thick. So, 65mm if you're planning for clearance. I have plenty of room up top or on the front. There really is no ventilation for a side mount even though it looks like it will fit. Perhaps FD will release a vented side panel in the future.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 09:40 PM   #65
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Great pics, keep em comin!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:25 PM   #66
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
The pump is in the cpu block so as long as the block is lower than the tank tubes you're golden. With a top mount or a front mount (with the tubes up top) that principle is preserved.

The tank is 38mm thick. The fans are 27mm thick. So, 65mm if you're planning for clearance. I have plenty of room up top or on the front. There really is no ventilation for a side mount even though it looks like it will fit. Perhaps FD will release a vented side panel in the future.
Id go up top because I had my tubes at the top and higher than the cpu block and still got air in the block. You could hear it gurgle. I flipped it upside down and it went away.

And thats a small 240 mm rad. I can imagine a 420 and thicker rad than mine would need a bigger air bubble for thermal flexing.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:56 PM   #67
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Install it on the top. Front mount will cause a lot of heat to mess up your component temperatures.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2021, 08:48 AM   #68
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Install it on the top. Front mount will cause a lot of heat to mess up your component temperatures.
I've read about this extensively and watched quite a few videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ5iP5cu8g

I'm about to have a hybrid EVGA 3080 or 3090. Front mounting the cpu rad is preferred over front mounting the gpu rad.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 08:49 AM   #69
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Dang that wouldnt be great they say to always keep the tube intake low so as not to suck air in the tubes. Can you go sideways in that case? There seems to be a removable plate next to the front case fans.

It's fine as long as the block/pump is below the tubes. The main thing that matters is that the pump is never the highest point in the loop. If you end up with some air, you can remove it by unmounting the rad and shaking it up/down/left/right a bit and then remounting
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:05 PM   #70
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Its not that big a deal because if there is air he'll def hear it. But the tubes are very close to the top air tank in most rads. It might only show up years later when some liquid is lost to permeation.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Apr 8, 2021, 05:24 PM   #71
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Decided to go another way with the build. Our youngest daughter will likely be studying digital art: videography, editing, special effects ect. So, I decided it was time to upgrade the second system. She’s getting my current 3900x build (with 2070 Super). That means.... I’m building a rig for me. I have everything except the Ram and the processor.

Need an AMD 5900x in a bad way.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:12 PM   #72
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So this still not done yet? Just buy a 5800x and call it.
People selling it for 400 caps on hard.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:19 PM   #73
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
So this still not done yet? Just buy a 5800x and call it.
People selling it for 400 caps on hard.
Won’t settle. Not yet, any way. :/
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:25 PM   #74
KAC
It might be gays!

Ok then. See you in 2022.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 01:06 AM   #75
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Decided to go another way with the build. Our youngest daughter will likely be studying digital art: videography, editing, special effects ect. So, I decided it was time to upgrade the second system. She’s getting my current 3900x build (with 2070 Super). That means.... I’m building a rig for me. I have everything except the Ram and the processor.

Need an AMD 5900x in a bad way.

join the microcenter unofficial discord, pretty sure there's a few location in ohio, the people who wait in line will usually update discord with what's in stock once it opens
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:08 PM   #76
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

Most aios are crap, Asetek holds a pattent for pump over CPU, and makes all of them. They are cheaply made with plastic parts. With there was an AIO with pump inside the radiator that was built proper, money no object.
Och is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 05:49 AM   #77
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Asetek makes a majority, but not all. EK, Arctic, and Be Quiet! are all using their own designs. I'm not 100% sure about Be Quiet! but I believe their cooler is refillable which is pretty cool.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 08:56 AM   #78
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Got a good deal on a 5800x. It will do for now.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:05 AM   #79
KAC
It might be gays!

Old Apr 10, 2021, 08:35 PM   #80
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
Right?!
Got it for nearly the price of a 5600x. Could’t pass it up.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:11 PM   #81
KAC
It might be gays!

That’s tight. Now make the damn PC. It’s a Sunday.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 11:02 PM   #82
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
That’s tight. Now make the damn PC. It’s a Sunday.
Curve ball: daughter is home visiting from New Hampshire. I anticipate lots of laughs, good food, and cigars but 0 PC building.

It will happen next weekend.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 11:32 PM   #83
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Curve ball: daughter is home visiting from New Hampshire. I anticipate lots of laughs, good food, and cigars but 0 PC building.

It will happen next weekend.
In such situations, you should just tell her to go around in the mini van with the family while you build the PC.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 11:48 PM   #84
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
In such situations, you should just tell her to go around in the mini van with the family while you build the PC.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 06:30 PM   #85
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Dropped our daughter off at Detroit airport for her flight to NH.
Decided to stop at the Detroit Micro Center on the way home.
Bought the last 5900x on the shelf.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 08:08 PM   #86
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2021, 09:00 PM   #87
KAC
It might be gays!

Now make this stupid PC.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:48 PM   #88
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
Now make this stupid PC.
Patience, my son.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 01:04 PM   #89
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Where is your daughter staying in NH? Asking for a friend. And can I have her number? Also for the friend.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 02:00 PM   #90
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:

My bro in-law could have been on that flight, he just flew over there for an Interview.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote